Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37054 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 29 (June 22)
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2016, 11:39:39 pm »

Turn 30

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Oh bother.

Draw The Peacemaker, and wave it around threateningly.

The sword elicits gasps and cries, and utterances in a language you cannot understand. Odd, because you can understand the alphabet just fine, and read the signs.
Some of the villagers running away pause to look back. The (roughly six) guards also pause, and sheath their weapons. They are armed with axes and swords, wearing quilted armor.

It seems they are talking about the sword itself. Many are pointing to it.

Sign post in the middle of the village:
TOWN SQUARE
>Herbalist's
<Food Market
Temple^>
<^Ranch
^Torus^

There's also a cartographer's office and a "compiler's press."

An odd request, but also an excellent way to learn duscover more about this world's behaviors.

"...sure thing!"

Think about where I can find peasants for the lady. Trun the drones vision back on and try to get it to return to the surface.

[1] Your drone sputters and falls into the water. The woman plucks it out of the water and hangs it to dry on a stalagmite.
"Oh, that's too bad. You'll have to come down here to get it back." she giggles. "Bring peasants."

You don't know of anywhere to acquire peasants. [d8: 4] As you walk the shores, however, you notice birds flying across the water and landing on the shores, pecking the ground for mollusks and seafood.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kneel and try a fleeting prayer to the 'Goddess'. Failing in that, go get that priest guy and see if he can't help. Succeeding in calling the Goddess, get everyone together and tell them of the newly fixed bridge and inquire if we should cross to the other side of the bridge.

You pray. Nothing happens. Looks like you need some help.

There's a shrine, and then a hermit. You decide to look for the hermit, but there are no directions, just his donations box. You head to the shrine instead.

The shrine consists of five stone pillars arranged in a half-circle. Each is connected to its neighbors by gold threaded rope carrying slips of jagged paper. In the center is a square altar with steps, and on the top of that altar, a black crystal ball wrapped in the same kind of rope with a cone-shaped roof over it.

"Kill you? Not unless you surrender your soul onto this flesh."

"Now where's this blast you spoke of sir?"

"Pardon me, master, all I know is from tales. But it seems this one hasn't yet fully materialized. Perhaps..."
Fish-man plucks a fish from his ear.
"Perhaps such a small contact area... is too little for any meaningful spiritual power. We need to go deeper..."
He reaches inside his head, and then his chest, searching for something amidst the fishes that his body is made up of. He then pulls out a knife, and gives it to you. As soon as you hold it, you revert to the spirit-vision you were in before.
"Use this to extract more power. I'll do what I can."

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 30 (June 25)
« Reply #286 on: June 26, 2016, 12:14:27 am »

Kneel at the altar and try again. When that fails, find someone who can help.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »

Lower the sword, but keep it held, just in case. Head towards the temple.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2016, 06:43:52 pm »

((Yep. Feel free to make a sheet. You can PM me if you have questions, like where to start))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

((Oooooh!  I can join this!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2016, 02:51:53 am »

...a good start I guess.

Try to catch the pheasant-like creature while thinking of possible excuses/finding actual peasants.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2016, 03:06:50 am »

Kneel at the altar and try again. When that fails, find someone who can help.

[d6: 6] You climb the steps and try to kn... you trip. Your head hits the crystal ball, which immediately lights up and glows white as you collapse to the ground.

A woman reveals her presence behind you. She is wearing robes that look to be made of sackcloth, but sackcloth so finely adorned with trims and accessories that you hardly notice the material. Her hair is tied in the back with a clip decorated with various mushrooms of all colors.
"Who calls me--oh. Oh my..."

Lower the sword, but keep it held, just in case. Head towards the temple.

You approach the temple, and the villagers part ways to grant you access. Nobody seems to know how to react around you, though some have taken to bowing on their knees, others striking a two-fingers salute.
As you near the temple, you notice the sword taking on a blue tinge. The glow grows strongest when you reach the sacred grounds, a set of stone pillars embedded in the ceiling, a marble platform suspended from them, with an altar in the center on some steps, holding a black crystal ball wrapped in rope with charms attached. Charm-lined ropes form a webwork between the pillars and acting as a sort of guardrail, or perhaps a holy barrier.

There's a crowd of villagers behind you. A shrine maiden dressed in gray and white blocks the way.
"So I was right. We have a visitor!" she says in your own language. "Do you wish to visit the God of Metal? He provides our village with arms to defend ourselves, perhaps he can help you for an offering."

...a good start I guess.

Try to catch the pheasant-like creature while thinking of possible excuses/finding actual peasants.

[1] You're on your own with the excuses.

[4] You concentrate your hats in a cage-like configuration and bring the pheasant back unharmed. It squeals at you and tries to get away, and rightfully so; its flesh is plump and juicy. It'd make a good meal for someone short on food.

The wind roars in the background. The weather seems clear.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:08:55 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2016, 08:56:36 am »

Get up and shake my head to get the stars and brightly flashing colors out of my vision.

"My apologies, m'lady. Um. I'm new around these parts, so could I ask you your name?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2016, 07:46:13 pm »

Step one down. She mentioned being hungry, and asked for a peasant... I certainly hope its due to necessity rather then preference.

Use Another hat drone as a flashlight and head down the cave with pheasant in tow.Hope she likes pheasants for breakfast.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »

Her hair turns a grey colour, intrigued.  "Uh.. Yes! I did! What must I sacrifice for this offering?"

She attempts to feign confidence, and look like she knows what she's talking about.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »

Cut open the fish and try again with more contact this time.

Life's a mystery.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »

Turn 31

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Cut open the fish and try again with more contact this time.

Life's a mystery.

You grab the fish out of his hand and stab it. The fish-man facepalms.
"So you've really never done it before, did you... You must extract power from your body. The most efficient way to do this is to drive an artifact from your servant into your body. As your servant, my projections and possesions cannot hurt you, so it'll leave no lasting harm. Like this..."

The fishman pulls another knife and stabs himself in the gut. In the spirit-vision, you see a green wound forming, and straming back into itself, but in normal vision, you see no blood, even though the knife went through one of the fishes that made up his body. It's almost like magic.

It seems you can alternate between spirit-vision and normal vision as if it were an extra dimension for your eyes to focus in.

Step one down. She mentioned being hungry, and asked for a peasant... I certainly hope its due to necessity rather then preference.

Use Another hat drone as a flashlight and head down the cave with pheasant in tow.Hope she likes pheasants for breakfast.

You bring them down into the cave. As soon as the enter, a drenched hat-drone finds itself thrown at your face.
"Only one set of footsteps. Why are you...? Oh. Well..."
A lasso of water wraps itself around the bird's neck. "It's not much, but suppose I owe you at least two answers. So go ahead and ask."
She first grabs the pheasant by the neck and bites its head off. In the process, the pheasant screams: "Oh God, the betrayal!"

You have (2) free questions remaining.

Get up and shake my head to get the stars and brightly flashing colors out of my vision.

"My apologies, m'lady. Um. I'm new around these parts, so could I ask you your name?"

She smiles.
"Savelu, Goddess of the Harvest. I am surprised you came to my shrine, of all places. Dregadeth's temple is on the other side below. He is much more useful to outsiders. But of course, I'd scarce be here if not for the devotees who still recognize my importance. There are things he cannot do that I can.

What might you be called? You seem well-off."

Her hair turns a grey colour, intrigued.  "Uh.. Yes! I did! What must I sacrifice for this offering?"

She attempts to feign confidence, and look like she knows what she's talking about.

"Sacrifice? Why so morbid?"
She twirls a stick with a ribbon on it toward the crystal ball.
"The God of Metal only asks that you place your hands on the crystal ball and call his name. All he asks for is a favor. If you are here to talk to him, I'll go prepare some tea!" she starts running off before you can even answer, although she isn't gone yet.

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 31 (June 29)
« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

"Oh. Alright. Well, I'll wait here then."

Wait for the tea, and then commune with the 'God of Metal'.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2016, 11:34:51 pm »

Kneel before her.

"I am Halcyon Adhil, m'lady.

I'm not as well off as I appear, I'm quite sad to say. I come from a place too far away to see and so difficult to enter that my colleagues and I almost died getting here.

In my homeland, there is no magic. No gods or goddesses. Only technology which would mimic this world's magical properties. I am here with naught but the clothes on my back and some coin from back home.  Aside from a wayward man tiger, you are the first being of this world I have met.

But. I digress. I have sought you out for help. The bridge crossing the chasm is missing. There was a sign that shewed me that if the bridge is out, I need to seek the Goddess for help."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2016, 11:37:34 pm »

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:39:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24