Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37105 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 0
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 09:03:15 am »

((PTW.))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:11:25 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »

"Jesus Christ. Of course, a power outage, and I'm still alive." Her hair settles on a blazing red, as she's pretty fed up for the most part.

Soreli heads out, into the corridor, checking both ways with her flashlight. Her hair is now a light-grey colour, signifying fear.
"Old friend." they greeted their mysteriously-regenerated arm. Yin-xi resisted the urge to flex it more, lest something would fly over and smack them in the face-mask.

Yin-xi kept their stun-staff readied though they were quite relaxed knowing that they didn't get instantly pulverized on entry into the Antiverse. The clicking below the floor can be investigated later when people won't get confused by them trying to break part of the ship.

With the flashlight in hand, Yin-xi went out into the corridor to make sure everybody else was fine.

You two bump into each other, but not before shining your flashlights in each other's eyes.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2016, 12:41:48 pm »

((By the way, is there a waitlist?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

I will equip my serviceable gear and  I will leave the broken equipment in my room for now.

If there is an emergency procedures checklist,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If there is no checklist
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:42:25 pm by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »

When she bumps into Yin-xi, her hair goes a bright purple, before then settling on calm blue."Oh, Jesus..... Uh, I guess.. it would seem it's just us. Do... do you have any idea what happened?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2016, 06:09:45 pm »

"The drones still work at least. Even if I can't see through them, you never know when something needs to be knocked down."

brann enters into the corridor, flashlight in his left hand and whip in his right. He motions the drones to float behind him and keep things from running into him from behind.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »

"This isn't quite the inferno that I had come to expect."

Réoris look's for his bible then drops a feather pen down onto the pews below.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 1
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 06:41:37 pm »

Turn 1

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

I will equip my serviceable gear and  I will leave the broken equipment in my room for now.

If there is an emergency procedures checklist,

If there is no checklist

Ah, in such an age there is no need for paper checklists for the humans. Machines can do everything better, since they are literally people in almost every sense of the word. Situations like this are a bit... rare.
You check on your other equipment. The electric rod appears to be working, its capacitors giving a chirp as you pick it up. Your pocket analyzer went missing, despite the fact that your locker was locked with a mechanical lock.

You meet Brann, the relatively-baseline fellow with that odd device known as a whip, formerly used to spur animal mounts to action.
There is a stench in the air, reeking of gasoline and other primitive hydrocarbons. There is a sound like many insects crawling across the ground coming from the direction of the dining room, but the other crew's quarters are in the other direction, the direction of the library computer and the sickbay.

"The drones still work at least. Even if I can't see through them, you never know when something needs to be knocked down."

brann enters into the corridor, flashlight in his left hand and whip in his right. He motions the drones to float behind him and keep things from running into him from behind.

Your drones enter guard formation, chirping and whirring and otherwise keeping you from identifying that odd sound coming from the direction of the dining room. The others should be in the opposite direction, at the library and sickbay, but Réoris hasn't come out yet.

"This isn't quite the inferno that I had come to expect."

Réoris look's for his bible then drops a feather pen down onto the pews below.

You find it in a drawer stuffed next to a candle and some matches.

Taking a feather pen, you step over to the edge of the room. Then, you extend your arm out into the wall. Normally, it would be stopped by the wall itself, but somehow it passes through. You release the pen and it falls down to the pews without a noise.

Hansel looks around for the power supplies of the screens, and tries to run a routine check to make sure all programs in the library are running okay, before  taking a look at the rest of the ship. "How odd. Well, better make sure the systems are running alright."

You pick up one of the screens to begin checking the wireless charging system, but as you place your hands on it a smiley face appears. In red.

When the screen is released, the face turns sad, making a short beep. The gray mist begins to clear, placing the room in the middle of an ocean of black liquid, interspersed with slick black masses the size of icebergs dotting the sea. There appears to be a ceiling made of a material similar to the icebergs, but there are large gaps in it, allowing a white light to squeeze through the gaps.

"Jesus Christ. Of course, a power outage, and I'm still alive." Her hair settles on a blazing red, as she's pretty fed up for the most part.

Soreli heads out, into the corridor, checking both ways with her flashlight. Her hair is now a light-grey colour, signifying fear.

You encounter Yin, and both of you witness the same thing (see Cinder's post below).

"Old friend." they greeted their mysteriously-regenerated arm. Yin-xi resisted the urge to flex it more, lest something would fly over and smack them in the face-mask.

Yin-xi kept their stun-staff readied though they were quite relaxed knowing that they didn't get instantly pulverized on entry into the Antiverse. The clicking below the floor can be investigated later when people won't get confused by them trying to break part of the ship.

With the flashlight in hand, Yin-xi went out into the corridor to make sure everybody else was fine.

The pleasant smell is coming from the sickbay. You and Soreli notice vines creeping across the floor, extending needle-like roots into the ground. The conveyor floor is non-functional because of this. There is a visible dust in the air, somewhat like pollen, and if you glance at the door to the sickbay you notice what appear to be branches jutting out of the doorway.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 10:42:58 pm »

"Brann are you injured? This was nothing like the simulators back home! I suggest we search for the others."
Curse the loss  of my PMEAD, without it I am lost. Urge Brann to meet up with the group.
(Is the E.B.A. wearable as armor protection? If yes I'd like to have that equipped as well. )
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2016, 01:07:50 am »

"Gah!" Yin-xi always regretted their fashion choice when in dark places.

"We managed to survive our entry into the antiverse. Also, my cybernetic arm transformed into flesh. There is a high probability that similar anomalous events occurred to the others. On a more prosaic concern, something's wrong with the ship's...." Yin-xi trailed off when they saw the state of the halls. "Power. How long have we been out?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2016, 01:20:41 am »

"Brann are you injured? This was nothing like the simulators back home! I suggest we search for the others."
Curse the loss  of my PMEAD, without it I am lost. Urge Brann to meet up with the group.
(Is the E.B.A. wearable as armor protection? If yes I'd like to have that equipped as well. )

((Yes, but it gives a penalty to your physical rolls while wearing it. You still roll a d8 for physical actions though. Your mean is 4.5-1=3.5 so it's still an above-average chance of success
Environment Suit (+1 defense, -1 to your MIGHT rolls while wearing))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:42 am »

"Gah!" Yin-xi always regretted their fashion choice when in dark places.

"We managed to survive our entry into the antiverse. Also, my cybernetic arm transformed into flesh. There is a high probability that similar anomalous events occurred to the others. On a more prosaic concern, something's wrong with the ship's...." Yin-xi trailed off when they saw the state of the halls. "Power. How long have we been out?"
"I...... think it's been a very long while....... And yeah, all my mutagen has turned into plants. My disinfectant too." Her hair turned slightly red while saying this, before returning to blue. "But, uhh.... do you think.... we should explore....... that?" She points towards the vines coming from the sick-bay.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 01:49:04 am »

Yin-xi thought for a moment, then shook their head. "It's probably just plants. Best we get to the engine room."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2016, 01:52:01 am »

Soreli's hair turns a purplish colour. "Okay...... I guess....."

Soreli begins heading to the Powerbank, once Yin-xi starts moving.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:45:52 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2016, 03:25:56 am »

There is no "engine room" because the engine produces deadly radiation. There is a control room for the remote maintenence units, however, and there is a powerbank at the bottommost floor which contains the emergency power supply.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24