Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37395 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 33 (Jul 3)
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2016, 02:02:33 am »

"Oh, uh, no. I... am a messenger of the God of Metal! I have been sent here to... protect you! And in return, you... shall offer me things!"

"Protect...?" he pauses for a bit. Others around you overhead you.

"Did you hear what she said?"
"Is she for real?"
"That's why she didn't speak to us..."

You understand the words as if in your own language, but if you pay attention to the syllables they are fully alien. It's an effect similar to that of the alphabet you see written places.

"Ha!" laughs the villager. "You're not from around here. Gods don't need messengers. That means you're a human."
He seems rather smug for a peasant in rags.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2016, 02:19:24 am »

"Bah. If only you knew... I am more than a messenger... I am a missionary! I am here to spread word of the God of Metal, and his word of righteousness!"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2016, 02:38:08 am »

"Bah. If only you knew... I am more than a messenger... I am a missionary! I am here to spread word of the God of Metal, and his word of righteousness!"

"What's she talking about?"
"Why is she saying this in our own village?"
"She is mad with power..."
"Everyone run!"

The peasants flee the area, leaving only terrified guards and the shrine maiden, who stands behind you at the gates.
"I don't think you handled that very well. But--it works, doesn't it?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2016, 02:45:24 am »

"I guess... Hey, can you tell me anything about this place? I'm kinda confused."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2016, 02:50:01 am »

"Sure! Let's sit down." She turns to get the folding tea table.

"You're from the other side, right? You fell down here? Well, the people here are... different. Most of us were born here. People here are just trying to get by without technology; the god of this shrine protects them from pirates, thugs, and well... people like you. Wait no, I didn't mean it that way!"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:54 am »

"Oh, I understand. Outsiders must be pretty unreliable. I haven't met a single thing here that I've understood. But yeah, I'm actually visiting on an expedition, to find out what was past a black hole."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 04, 2016, 03:22:01 am »

"Oh, I understand. Outsiders must be pretty unreliable. I haven't met a single thing here that I've understood. But yeah, I'm actually visiting on an expedition, to find out what was past a black hole."

"Hmm..." she looks both sorry and disappointed. "Well, this is what it is. Nobody knows how it got here, or why it exists, but there's a world here. Maybe there's something on an island further below. If you don't want to settle down and live here, there's a lot of islands you could glide to. I actually didn't grow up in this village! I came from a neighboring chain that you can see when the skies are clear."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 04, 2016, 03:53:16 am »

"Tell me. Why do I see souls all around here?" Réoris seems rather agitated.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 06, 2016, 04:57:50 pm »

Sorry if I seemed inactive the past few days, I was working on this RAM controller that didn't like working (until now)

Turn 34

"Tell me. Why do I see souls all around here?" Réoris seems rather agitated.
Watch the door. Examine, as well.
Quote from: TheBiggerFish

((All three of you are in the same location, so you hear/see each other))

"Souls?" Meeres bellows. "This looks like soul energy more than souls. I believe it is the energy torn from bodies to power his contraptions. You may find one such victim in there... there he is!" he points at Artemis (TheBiggerFish), who is at the heavy vault door to the outside. "You will have to be lifted out it seems. He was powering the vault door. Allow me some time..."
Meeres gets to work constructing a ladder out of bones and fish vertebrae from his body. He is currently on the roof.

Soqhia investigates the inner door where the hermit retreated. It's rather nondescript. She checks the surroundings instead [4] drawing Reoris' eyes to the ink spilled on the table. The various inks look black, but to him they seem to contain soul energy of different colors, seven in total... green, red, yellow, aqua, orange, purple, blue...

The stamps contain letters of the universal alphabet that seems readable to all in this realm. It seems they've been crusted over with many layers of ink, but they don't have the same soul-color as the bottles of ink.
There's also a pair of glasses hanging on the wall behind the desk.

"Hmm..." she looks both sorry and disappointed. "Well, this is what it is. Nobody knows how it got here, or why it exists, but there's a world here. Maybe there's something on an island further below. If you don't want to settle down and live here, there's a lot of islands you could glide to. I actually didn't grow up in this village! I came from a neighboring chain that you can see when the skies are clear.

I know a merchant who makes frequent trips. Do you want me to refer you to him? He could teach you how to glide."

Approach cautiously.

You find a sign in a deserted village square. All the action is up ahead at the temple.

TOWN SQUARE
>Herbalist's
<Food Market
Temple^>
<^Ranch
^Torus^

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 34 (Jul 6)
« Reply #324 on: July 06, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »

Cautiously inspect that other door while I wait, flashlight of +2 clobbering held at the ready.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 06, 2016, 05:32:18 pm »

Cautiously inspect that other door while I wait, flashlight of +2 clobbering held at the ready.

The vault door, leading outside, is inscribed with letters that you can read despite not knowing them. It does not form a coherent text but rather a body of instructions describing how energy is taken from a power bus and transformed into kinetic energy, allowing the door to open.

It also contains, written in ink, provisions for magical protection. It will absorb any magic thrown at it from the outside and convert it into power.

Near the door is a glass orb in the wall which contains a murky image of the outside. A sigil on the ground outside provides this vision, although without a power source the image is fading slowly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:33:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2016, 08:34:41 pm »

"Hm. This ink is nothing but a watery obituary. The souls of man wasted like this! Oh father, this flesh is pregnant with anger and wrath!"

"Tell me there is but some way to pry these souls from their descent into eternal fire!"

Raioyris gathers the ink and the paper.

"This power is drawn from the very life of man, I will not be rapt to this power of evil. I must undo this wicked abuse!"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:11:50 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:40 pm »

"When was the last time I ate?" Go to the food market.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2016, 10:37:33 pm »

No, the door the guy fled through.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2016, 10:53:25 pm »

No, the door the guy fled through.

Soqhia investigates the inner door where the hermit retreated. It's rather nondescript.

It's made of wood and has a doorknob. It doesnt have any markings or whatever. It's literally just a door. Nothing special about it visually.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24