Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Roll to survive the Generic'o Skyscraper, 1's and 5's for all  (Read 8483 times)

blazing glory

Re: Roll to survive the Generic'o Skyscraper, 1's and 5's for all
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2016, 02:37:00 am »

Continue to use my hackzor skills to jury rig a CD port so that it shoots out CDs at ludicrous speeds. Then use this weapon to shoot the VTOL.
(1) While you're trying to jury rig a port the VTOL's counter hacking software prepares to cause everything in your proximity to violently explode!

Boss rolls:
Phone:(6) Your phone explodes inside your pocket and completely shreds your leg! You're gonna have to crawl if you want to move, but you get the feeling the VTOL isn't going to do anything like that again.

Alyss Marinworth, inspired by the heroic cowardice of her co-worker, Darrin, decides to follow in his footsteps. She also leaps out the window, and tries to be a ninja when attacking the VTOL.
(1)"WheeeeeEEEEEEEEEE *Splat*"

Probably for the best since you're jumping off 10 floors higher then what exist.

Everyone below is severely concerned with the various people jumping off the building.

Dead.

That's not working right.  Fix the laser!  Using robots!
(4) You send your spiderbots to fix the laser to fire actual laser bolts! Like the superior machines they are, the laser turret works like it should now.

Cho dashes back to his desk clock and desperately tries to replace his clock batteries to avoid damaging the time space continuum!
(4) You shove the batteries back in, everything is how it should be.

"Well... that didn't go too well."

Hide under my desk! Hopefully it's well-made! Shield my head from debris! Use a +1!
(5+1) You hide under your desk while everything starts coming down and the floor falls in! You fall into floor 36, (3) you do it rather poorly and slam your back on a table, it hurts a lot but you probably didn't break your spine.
1- on next action.

1:John Moxley.
2:Curtis Langer.
3:Cho K. Point.
4:Fred Jones.

(3)

Boss roll:(4-1)
vs(2) The VTOL brings its guns to bear on Cho K, who is desperately jamming batteries in his clock, once again the damage hinders its flying but as Cho K is occupied being satisfied with the clock, he makes for an easy target, it opens up and reduces Cho K's arm to little more then flapping flesh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:40:13 am by blazing glory »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2016, 04:57:33 am »

FIRE THE ACTUAL LASER!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2016, 06:16:05 am »

Groan and look around. Is this floor occupied at all?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2016, 09:56:50 am »

make a rubber band gun that would make Joerg Sprave proud. Then load a letter opener into it and use that to shoot down the VTOL.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:50:05 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2016, 10:14:09 am »

Once I enter the elevator, I press the button for the basement. Brandishing my impromptu Door-ShieldTM, listening to the sound of elevator music, I wish that I hadn't forgotten my coffee. Damn it.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2016, 02:03:46 pm »

Stanley was running late to work today. The elevators had all been occupied when he got there. At first he thought "I must have missed a fire evacuation drill." But as time progressed, gunfire made itself evident. Stanley didn't care, of course. He was a corporate zombie. When the blood-soaked elevators opened, he walked right on in, and mashed the button "37" about four times before it finally worked.

A few minutes later, he calmly walked out on floor 37, then noticed the VTOL. This assault ship would get in the way of his work. The only solution was to pick up the biggest, most explosive thing in the office, then fling it viciously at his target.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2016, 05:10:16 pm »

Cho access his secret powers of telekinesis to commmandeer the VTOLs controls and make it do a nose dive into the street.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

blazing glory

Re: Roll to survive the Generic'o Skyscraper, lots of 1's and 5's for all
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2016, 10:33:54 pm »

FIRE THE ACTUAL LASER!
(1) THE ACTUAL LASER explodes violently! Flinging you and heated shrapnel everywhere, (5) despite being inside the explosion radius you escape unscathed.

Groan and look around. Is this floor occupied at all?
(6-1) There's some doof trying to use a giant laser and exploding, other then that there's no one else here, although there's a cave and a box of scraps a lot of weapons and questionable tech lying around, you could probably jury rig of lot of things with this stuff, or find something good for use on its own.

make a rubber band gun that would make Joerg Sprave proud. Then load a letter opener into it and use that to shoot down the VTOL.
(1) You put together a Totally SafeTM array of rubber bands and PC parts and put a letter opener in it, you take aim, fire, and the letter opener goes flying while your 'gun' falls to pieces, (4) it sticks itself in a nearby wall.

Once I enter the elevator, I press the button for the basement. Brandishing my impromptu Door-ShieldTM, listening to the sound of elevator music, I wish that I hadn't forgotten my coffee. Damn it.
(5) On a casual look, there isn't in fact a button for any basements, but you've been working here for years and know the tricks, so you shift the shield, slide up the panel and press the basement button, while waiting the elevator music fills you with DeterminationTM while you watch the elevator shaft go by through the lack-of-doors, there's a bit of confusion with another guy at the ground floor but while he's jamming the button, the elevator finally reaches the secret basement level, you drag your shield out and the elevator once again leaves for floor 37.

The Skyscraper used to belong to Evil Inc. before it was bought out by Generic'o corp, but the estimate for dragging everything out proved to be ludicrously expensive and so the button for the basement was hidden and no one ever told the folks down here about the management change.

You are currently standing in the Robotics lab where they make murder-machines and the like, the two goons standing guard see you and reach for their guns!

Filled with Determination! 1+ to action.

pick up the biggest, most explosive thing in the office, then fling it viciously at his target.
After shenanigans in the elevator, you finally exit into the office, you see the VTOL and look for something good to throw at it, the most promising candidate seems to be Dave's Crappy PC, he was always shoving all sorts of rubbish he found on the internet inside it until it hardly worked and was always on the verge of killing everyone in the office, you tear it free of its cabling and make a well aimed throw at the VTOL, (4) it lands squarely on-target and explodes spectacularly! One of the four engines fail and it doesn't look like it's sticking up much longer.

Cho access his secret powers of telekinesis to commmandeer the VTOLs controls and make it do a nose dive into the street.
(2) Cho was always sure that he had telekinesis, but he could never prove it! But that isn't stopping him, he puts his mind to the task and focuses as hard as he can! He ends up with a nose-bleed to stack onto his bullet wounds.

1:John Moxley
2:Curtis Langer
3:Cho K
4:Fred Jones
5:Stanley

(4)

Boss:(4-1)vs(6) Taking too much heat from floor 37, the VTOL dips lower and opens up on 36 and starts shooting at Fred as he dusts off the remains of his laser, although it fails to hit, he sprains his ankle avoiding the bullets.

1- To energetic actions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »

Well then.

Turn on this floor's defenses and point them at the VTOL, while hiding behind the bulletproof cubicle walls.

Like the (trained laser chainsaw shark)nado guns.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:44:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2016, 10:46:53 pm »

Look for the ten pound bag of "Powdered Leprechaun" I bought Behind the Office after hours, I think I remember Hiding it around here Somewhere...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2016, 11:03:20 pm »

Cho reports to the first aid room, dials the attendant call line, and begins filling out an incident report. Also, Band-aids!
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2016, 11:07:18 pm »

You know what? Screw rubber bands we'll kill it with gravity. Lets just drop a desk on top of one the VTOL's engines.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:47:29 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2016, 02:32:22 am »

Get to my feet and search the floor for a means of making coffee. Even instant will do.
Stay away from those other lunatics trying to draw the VTOL's attention- actually, did I say "get to my feet"? I meant crawl on my belly.
Stealthily search the floor for coffee whilst remaining as small a target as possible and trying to stay out of the VTOL's line of sight.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »

Throw my letter opener at one goon's throat. Bum-rush the second with my shield. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:42:22 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2016, 08:34:14 pm »

Throw more things furiously!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]