Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne?  (Read 25417 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne?
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2016, 10:53:23 am »

Ok, just beat dragon twice in a row: Both times I flawless the second boss and Treadbaught (Which is impressive for my skill level), yet failed to flawless the bullet twins somehow!

Also My dog found 3 keys in 3 successive rooms. DOG IS BEST FRIEND

Oh, and when I rolled the bones at the shrine I got Deblanked.... And blanked. :-D
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

Homing Bullets + Crutch + Brick Breaker = Boss Melter, without removing difficulty. The shells just zip around in the tightest circles, constantly hitting the poor bastards. The Treadnaught just got absolutely destroyed. I also killed Manny's guy this run. Going into The Hollow this is what I'm at. I also have 6 keys, 5 hearts, and 91 shells:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only got past The Hollow once, so I'm still not trying to go for any sort of special runs other than a dungeon dive. I know it's no crazy loadout, but after the string of runs I've had, it's beautiful. Only good thing I've had in days besides this was the helixy gun with shock bullets. Thing was a murderer man.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2018, 04:07:03 pm »

So, ah, necro and surprisingly a double post, but the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns update dropped. Seeing, uh, I forget who, start it up on steam reminded me. In the 15 minutes I got to play before work I saw a new miniboss, encountered Manny's guy for the only other time since my last post oddly enough, and freed a new Breach pal, who offers to "speed things up". I'm looking forward to getting home from work tonight.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2018, 03:40:53 am »

I'm really liking the AG&D update. Loot distribution feels a bit better, though keys feel a bit worse to get later on most runs. The new chest type really helps one of the issues I had with all the synergy stuff - actually forming synergies.

Don't know what to really say without getting too far into spoilers for people who haven't fired it up yet. Still, extremely pleased with a free update of this... caliber...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2018, 02:54:39 am »

Hello again! Just had to share my current run somewhere. I'll just let my list of item synergies do the talking for me.

Mahoguny + Megahand = Get Equipped With -W- - If the player also has Megahand, enables Leaf Shield mode on Megahand, which fires leaves when uncharged and regular Megahand shots when fully charged. Killing enemies causes leaves to orbit the player, blocking enemy shots. Modes can be switched by reloading the Megahand with a full magazine.
Mahoguny + Broccoli = Hardwood - If the player also has Decoy, Explosive Decoy, Heavy Boots, or Broccoli, four explosive pinecones will be fired at a time.
Hexagun + Magic Bullets = Chicken Arise - If the player has Magic Bullets, the chance for Hexagun to transmogrify is increased.
Polaris + Bionic Leg = Square Brace - If the player also has Bracket Key or Bionic Leg, Polaris gains 20% increased damage, increased ammo capacity of 700, increased magazine size of 30, increased fire rate when leveled up, and a new appearance. The distance between the two bullets that fire at level 2 is wider with this synergy.

I also got the three payday items thanks to my first chest having the Aged Bell in it. I also found a Gold Ammolet, increasing blank damage (which one of the companions you get with the payday items does often enough), as well as the Battle Standard, which increases the effectiveness of companions. A chest I came across had Cursed Bullets in it and Cursula's shop was set up right before the Dragun, so I got a pair of Wax Wings from her.

I've already beaten the four main pasts, but have had problems both [ENDGAME SPOILER] as well as unlocking the two other characters, so hopefully one of those change this time around.

EDIT: First Cursed Boss let alone Dragun I've ever had to fight. Ezpz.
FINAL EDIT: Alas, a cursed Poopulon wound up landing the fatal blow in a room full of cursed everythings. Mistakes were made, but hell was that fun.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:02:23 am by Man of Paper »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2018, 03:07:20 pm »

Nice! Haven't played much Gungeon in a while. Might have to fire it up again sometime soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2019, 03:33:11 pm »

A farewell to arms

So I just found out about this and appears that it's freaking out, so uhh, by for now, gotta dive into this thing again, hopefully not too rusty.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]