Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne?  (Read 25393 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Gungeon - Isaac meets Nuclear Throne?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 11:07:02 pm »

I just found my favorite gun and perfected the second and third bosses with it (run still ongoing).  The fightsaber!  Its a lightsaber shaped like an assault rifle, that turns back into a lightsaber and deflects bullets whenever you switch to it or reload.  Its amazing.  There's another gun with that feature, but it destroys instead of reflecting, and the animation is MUCH less generous.  You can reload the fightsaber very often, to the point where I suspect you could make yourself almost invincible (not that I'm using it that way).  On top of that, it has above average DPS.  On this run, I coincidentally also found a passive that reflects bullets when you dodge over them.  So I'm basically the reflect master.  Did I mention refection always goes straight back to sender in this game?

Playing as convict, but I feel like my success is in spite of her rather than because of her.  I've used the molotov like 5 times total, twice on giant slow enemies, twice on bosses, and once on common enemies which trapped myself and I took damage.  I munched the sawed off after using only half the ammo, the angry picture mainly procced when I didn't want it to.  I did find a passive that's a chance of ammo refill on kill + the scrambler, which is a great combo.  Great drops, bad character.  IMO.

Edited: Killed by fourth floor boss.  Damn those get crazy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:09:53 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 08:55:42 am »

I was playing a run where i had vowed to kill every boss with the "r". I soon found myself yelling "EAT GRAMMER BITCH" at the Gorgun. I then realized i needed a break.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 01:50:08 pm »

I was playing a run where i had vowed to kill every boss with the "r". I soon found myself yelling "EAT GRAMMER BITCH" at the Gorgun. I then realized i needed a break.
I wish that the "r" did more damage - it's got a great ammo capacity and a huge clip, but you need to empty the entire thing into even just a regular gundead to kill it. Maybe with some good passives behind it...

In other news, my achievement tracker tells me that I'm up to 22/8/1 boss kills. The run where I killed the 3rd floor boss I also managed to get to the 4th floor boss, but didn't really know how to fight against a giant wall exploding with bullets, so promptly died. Still - progress!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 10:57:20 am »

So far my best run was with the marine, aced the first two floors which made the third one actually doable (before, I'd usually die to a random bullet because I'd be coming into the level with maybe a heart and a half and a single armor, this time I had almost four hearts and two armor). The boss wasn't hard but I did end up taking a bunch of damage simply because I didn't know all the things it did. Fourth level was rather tough and I died after several rooms. To a lowly bullet kin no less, tho I was too busy trying to get a skelleton to stay dead to notice the bullet.

Anyways, anyone know what that skelleton princess person you can free at third floor does? Or if the primer thing is useful for anything? I figured you'd use it to activate that grave room you find on the second floor but it wasn't for that and I didn't figure out any other effects it had.

And one of my favourite weapons so far is the megaman gunarm. It's pretty much a standard pistol with a chargeup that one-shots most lower level enemies, has a decent clip size and a near instant reload, pretty fun to use.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:55 am »

Or if the primer thing is useful for anything?

The Primer is part of a set of items that requires you to buy them every floor in order to do so. The Primer itself to my knowledge is the only one that is useful of that set.

I don't want to tell you what it does because spoilers.

But I think you should wait until you feel confident you can beat the game before doing that run.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 12:27:56 pm »

You need to buy them every floor? But I only ever encounter the primer on the second floor, nothing remotely similar afterwards :S

Also friendly tip, if you find some sort of marine dude in a cell and rescue him he'll be sitting at a ledge on the right side of the breach. Don't interact with his helmet, it kicks it down the hole and he goes back down after it meaning you gotta rescue him again. No idea if he does anything useful tho since I kinda kicked it back right after talking to him :C
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »

You need to buy them every floor? But I only ever encounter the primer on the second floor, nothing remotely similar afterwards :S

I believe the others only appear if you buy the Primer

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 04:23:19 pm »

Most of the characters you rescue from the breach provide themed shops that only sell 3 items.  I'm not sure helmet guy does anything, if skeleton princess is who I think she is she sells discounted items that curse you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 04:42:14 pm »

I'm not sure helmet guy does anything

He does.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »

Also friendly tip, if you find some sort of marine dude in a cell and rescue him he'll be sitting at a ledge on the right side of the breach. Don't interact with his helmet, it kicks it down the hole and he goes back down after it meaning you gotta rescue him again. No idea if he does anything useful tho since I kinda kicked it back right after talking to him :C
You don't need to buy them every floor.  You buy the prime primer, but the others you can just find in special rooms and they are there regardless of whether you got the primer or not.

Also, if you kick his helmet down a couple of times and rescue a couple of times something special happens so you do actually want to do that.

Nom nom nom

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 05:39:46 pm »

Can I just say, sentient lock for best shopkeeper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2016, 06:24:43 am »

I just had a really wierd run. The only key I encountered by level 3 was the one I started with. To further make things shitty, first floor shop only had ammo and hearts, no guns or items. Second floor, both shops were under locks and there were also three chests. Third floor shop also had no guns and sold ammo, hearts and the ring of mimic friendship. This made it so that I had two guns, both from bosses and about 160 casings with absolutely nothing to spend them on :I
AS - IG

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »

Duct tape (combines two guns) has completely changed my views on a bunch of guns in the game, there's some combinations you can make with that which make some awful guns awesome.

I had a game where I combined a shock rifle (which has as little damage as a pistol) and a mershotgun (I dislike most shotguns in this game), both of which I consider rather crap. Together they were amazing, as the first half of a clip would fire both at once which meant the damage was good, and then the latter half of the clip (without the shotgun) would electrify all the water I'd left from the first half. Took me through floors 2, 2.5, 3, 4 and 5 better than any single gun I've found besides the prototype railgun, which is damn impressive. Then I barely failed to kill the dragun.  :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »

There are quite a bit of dud weapons that suddenly get a new lease on life with the right items.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2016, 11:26:53 pm »

Funniest combo I have run into was Proton Backpack and Backup Gun.

Twirly homing whirlwind of eventual death.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8