Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn.  (Read 15978 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn.
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:07 am »

This is an adventure succession  being the continuation of the succession by CaptainMcClellan here. Be sure to check it out cause there are some cool stories.
The rules are a bit different that in CMC's succesion

Rules:
The rules are simple you have a week time to train up an adventurer and become famous. You will choose one of the few roles to play as and they will tell you your goal.

1.Sign up for a turn
2.When your turn is called, download the save and choose a role and spec however you like! Roles will be judged only by their output! You have 24 hours to tell me that you are still around if you don't than I will have to skip you!
4.Post your role, name, hometown, and civilization before you begin!
5.Play for a real-life week or until your demise, whichever comes first.
6.If your adventurer does die, please post a screen capture of his death scene.
7.After a week, if your adventurer is alive. Retire in the nearest town!
8.Upload the save and link it for the next player
9.Tell the story of your adventurer!
Note: Rules are based on CaptainMcClellans

Roles (The categories are just to segregate the roles not to tell you how to play a particular role):

"Hero" Types (Those roles don't actually need to be good.):
Hero - your goal is to serve the people and serve the justice.
Vigilante - your goal is to take from the rich and give to the poor.

"Living for gold and yourself" Types (Again they don't have to get gold.):
Bounty Hunter [proposed by IcyTea] - your goal is to kill a specific creature or to retrieve a specific artifact. Refer to Legends Mode for possible targets.
Lover of Gold [proposed by Spriggans] - your goal is to get as much money and valuable things as you can.

Servant Types (bards serve art.?):
Servant of The Darkness - your goal is to serve the chaos.
Bard - your goal is to become as famous as possible by writing songs, poems and telling stories.

Adventure Types (they don't need to travel a lot):
Explorer/Historian [proposed by IcyTea] - As there are many undiscovered events, sites and historical figures in the world your goal is to make Legends Mode more complete. This happens, for example, by talking to everyone in every village, searching every ruin for clues, or exploring the countryside for sites.
Any ideas for other cool roles?

Player List:

White - Coming Soon, Yellow - Currently, Green - Done, Red - Skipped, Orange - Done No Save

1. Snow Dwarf - Done, write up: 1
2. Elfhater69 - Done No Save, write up: 1, 2
3. Pikachu17 - Done, write up: 1, 2, 3
4. Gwolfski - Skipped
5. IcyTea31 - Done, write up: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
* Every adventurers reputation until now (there are some adventurers from the old thread)
6. TheImmortalRyukan - Skipped
7. Untrustedlife - Done, write up: 1, 2, legends
8. TheImmortalRyukan - Skipped
9. 10terrapin01 - Done
10. Pikachu17 - Skipped
11. Vuohijumala - Skipped
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:45:23 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Bard Quest! The succession legend reborn.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:26 am »

[RESERVED]
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

A bard decides to start his adventure. His name is Cado Sinuromud.

He decides to start his adventure by reciting a poem to his family and friends before he leaves. Cado has learned many poems from the visiting bards, not all of them were so good so he decides to recite “specks”

The recitation was ok.
Cado has heard of the dwarfs in the west and he decided that he will travel there. It is a long road and he will need to prepare so he decides to visit the keep.
It seems that the ruler has heard of Cados recitation:

Cado recited a poem and he thought that it went much better than the last one. He asked a spearman to join him as an entertainer but, the spearman said he would rather not. His loss. Cado told a random story and asked the hammer man to join him, and the hammerman said that he’d love to join him, travel and create art.
This way Tunem the hammerman and Cado started their adventure. Before starting the journey to the west our group visited a few hamlets. The first hamlet was a hamlet of bards in the keep there were only bards, human and dwarven. The human did not agree on joining and the dwarf said that Cado needs to improve. Cado sang danced recited and moved on, he also composed his first poem called “Nobody Weeps”. There wasn’t anything particular happening in the hamlets, we were dancing reciting and telling stories Cado decided that he won’t perform music.
The journey was long. Most of the time our group spent on finding a way around the river and Cado needed to leave Tunem behind the river as he swam thru it. It started getting dark and Cado didn’t sleep the last night. Let’s hope he gets to the hillocks in time.
Too late he is surrounded by cackling. This isn’t the best turn of events. Cado tries to fire an arrow with the bow he took from the keep. The arrow misses. The bogeyman catch up. He is going to die  soon. A mortal wound has been dealt. He will die in few seconds. He slowly closes his eyes and tries to forget about the pain. He deceases.

Gonna post the save soon.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:40:27 am by snow dwarf »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn as a Hero, so that Bards may tell tales of my Great Acts!
My goal will be vanquish any and all enemies my hearthperson tells me about(probably going to die before killing all of them).
how do I do a screen capture of my death scene? and I don't really know how to make links or how to upload either please tell me how
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:45:02 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn as a Hero, so that Bards may tell tales of my Great Acts!
My goal will be vanquish any and all enemies my hearthperson tells me about(probably going to die before killing all of them).
how do I do a screen capture of my death scene? and I don't really know how to make links or how to upload either please tell me how

Gonna quote an answer that I got when asking this question:

Could anybody tell me how to post pictures before my turn starts.

I use paint.exe that comes with windows.
"prt scr" print screen button copies the window (df.exe) to clipboard.
that I paste to paint.exe, crop and save to my df image folder.

I use http://imgur.com/ . sign in. upload a photo.
I drag the image from my df image folder to the imgur browser
I copy the BB Image code
and click Share with Community
dont need to add descriptions etc, just the bb image code.
I paste the the bb image code in my post here at bay12 forums.
use preview before posting.

Advice:
If you are on windows instead of using prt sc use the "cutting tool".

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

The save is here.
Note: We are using the same save as "Bard Quest" did.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be interested to try another adventurer at some point. Right now I'm busy with Murderflood + other things though, so it might take a while.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn. []
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 08:42:31 am »

Hmmmm
@pikachu17 - Are you doing your turn?

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn. [Pikachu17 ?]
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »

I would like a turn. Tho im not very good at the game so ill probably die quickly.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn. [Pikachu17 ?]
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 04:15:08 pm »

Sure you have a turn

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 04:49:57 pm »

I wanna go! I always die in adventure mode! yay!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:38 pm »

Elfhater I'm giving you 24 hours to tell me that you are still around and you are gonna do your turn. If you don't the turn goes to Gwolfski

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 12:15:42 am »

Oh shit my bad. Didnt know i had my turn already. Ill download the save and get everything ready. I have a week, or until i die correct?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:49 am »

yep ;)

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 03:07:39 am »

Alright i'll be doing a bard playstyle. And do when i post the stories are screenshots required?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9