Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Human Fortress Interest Check  (Read 3545 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 10:25:28 am »

I was thinking of certain wood (and stone) have their preference to be used as building and furniture material over others. 

But perhaps, it' is all based on availability. 

Perhaps the values can be tweaked in the raws?

For stone, I know marble and granite are used for walls and surfaces.  Maybe limestone too.  Clay bricks definitely.  But what of the common ones like gabbro or conglomerate?

For wood, there are plenty, but some aren't quite abundant for wood planks needed for housing like guava, suguarao, willow.

I'm definitely interested on how detailed noble housing are.  If uniform materials are used, or themed.  Example: Marble pillars, and granite floors, definitely glass windows, and wood funitures (cherry bed, cabinet, chests, tables and chairs) , iron armor stands and weapon racks, gold statues, and silver goblets!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:31 pm »

Power out at my house for a bit wound up frying main router.  Have no internet except phone.  Save and turn tomorrow, hopefully.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 07:42:47 pm »

Well, I made a poor estimate.  I thought it would be easy to get an oceanside location that has access to all four races.  I was wrong.  I've finally got one, and here's the first entry.

Journal of Zanzetkuken III
Timber, 103

I have just returned from a meeting with King Perad Hummedhero, grandson of King Etru Wiltdreamed.  I know this may sound important to some individuals from later generations, but keep in mind that the available population of the Kingdoms of Permanancy is down to a mere sixty-four humans, ten of which are outcasts, forty-eight goblins, two of which are outcasts, and four elves.  Considering the elves are the reason behind the current state of our nation, with three of their nations besieging us, I'm pretty certain you can guess as to their treatment.

Anyway, getting back to the initial topic, I have been selected to become the expedition leader of an attempt to construct a new sanctuary.  Our current sitation is untenable, and with great sadness, it has proven evident that we can no longer remain in the heartland of our nation's birth and make way for a new land.  I hope that this attempt will prove successful, but a slight amount of fear is present within this idea.  We are gambling everything on this.  If this fails, our history may be lost to time.

Therefore, we must not fail.  No.  Must implies we believe we may fail.  For us to be victorious, we cannot consider failure an option.  We will not fail.

Spoiler: Embark Details (click to show/hide)

============================

Granite, 104

We have arrived at the site.  It is quite...nice.  While things are a bit dangerous, looking over the nearby ocean fills me with a sense of calmness I have never felt in my time back in the heartland.  Very strange.

Spoiler: Site (click to show/hide)

As we have arrived, upon this site we, Lusko Mapo, the Coalition of Liberation, shall found Ocdagorbe, Trimshade.  We've even made a symbol for the location called the Swift Courtesy.

Work of art isn't it?

Anyway, our efforts shall begin now.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 12:11:46 am »

It has begun...
You should update the OP with the embark details.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 01:07:00 am »

It has begun...
You should update the OP with the embark details.

Actually, apparently not.  I screwed up a few details in when I created the professions, so it turns out I made it impossible to create a military.  I need to regen the world again.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 03:10:26 am »

Well, bugger. CUT!!!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 07:29:14 am »

Some things: do we have preists, improved site architecture, iron coins, and how would I go about putting this in my game files?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 08:18:23 am »

Some things: do we have preists, improved site architecture, iron coins, and how would I go about putting this in my game files?

it would be self contained. Each save has its own raw folder, remember?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 09:36:44 am »

No, as in I would like to start an independant, single player fort.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2016, 06:42:28 pm »

No, as in I would like to start an independant, single player fort.

The buggy version of the human part of the entity file is on the prior page.  I am honestly considering just going all out and just finishing a variant that is simply vanilla with a few features.  Besides the humans, I also have this small little addition of an 'impure' ore stage as well as a couple diseases inflicted by gods upon mortals, which while unlikely to spread much in world-gen, it will spread a fair bit when inflicted immigrate to your fort, or they are encountered in adventure mode.  Might see if I can add a black lung syndrome to coal and radiation poisoning to pitchblende as well...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 12:28:29 am »

The second one would be impressive if it applies without melting the pitchblende.
Pages: 1 [2]