Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn.  (Read 15955 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Quest! The Succession Legend Reborn.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 09:44:39 am »

I can hear the screams. We all can. We all hear the screams as a stupid Coal-chomper picks up one of those stupid battleaxes and chops down a beautiful tree. but this, unfortunately, is to be expected from their kind. but then it happened. those stupid dwarves caught a dragon and decided to play with dragonfire. long story short, a torrent of screams reached our ears as an entire forest burned to the ground. this not acceptable. this is not the true order of the world. those dwarves and humans shall be sorry for their evil. but how shall we avenge the forest? we have only grown wood weapons, not powerful metal ones.then I realized, that if I steal weapons from the humans and give them to my fellow elves We might just win the upcoming war! but I have to be stealthy for if they realize what I'm doing they might attack us, before we can build a sizable supply of weapons and armor. I rename myself Mecala Ino, elfish for Divine Guard

I hope I was supposed to use snowdwarf's save.
I still don't know how to show screenshots,So i'll unfortunately have to just tell how it happened.
Loading world... choosing hero elf
from Riva Ave, the morning of woods
I am a newly minted lietenant of the great Arile lucidwhisker in branddells, an elven camp(cool, I'm officially a bandit!)
I am a vigilante type that steals metal weapons from the humans and gives them to the elves.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:12:48 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 10:33:49 am »

I head for Jestlearned, a human town, in order to steal stuff.
when I get there I am barraged by a bunch of messages telling me people waking up and standing up.
I head for the keep.Why do humans treat meadhalls as places to put children? I see a prominent lance, who has no weapons. too many priests, not enough weapons. I see a crossbowman head down into the dungeon, I follow hoping to kill him and steal any arms he has. he perseveres long, but finally I get a lucky hit and he gives in to pain. I silently strike the skinny human crossbwman in the head from behind with my llama wool pouch,bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain, and tearing the brain! the skinny human crossbowman has been struck down. I search the dungeon for more arms and find a kobold with a copper bow. the kobold is sleeping! easiest kobold kill ever. did someone use a sleeping spell, because I find a sleeping spearkobold. I kill a few more sleeping kobolds and take their glorious metal weaponry. strange I find a few kobold corpses that I didn't kill. okay, I will give more updates on Friday, I hope
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:40:49 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 05:42:25 pm »

Great, I love the updates. You used the right save.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 12:26:14 am »

First page. Didnt get to upload my save

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2016, 01:14:05 pm »

When we last saw our hero he had killed a crossbowman and a number of kobolds.
I realize that the kobolds are stealing from the tree-cutters, therefore not killing them would help our campaign. i'm still going to take weapons though. I find a naked human peasant. Wonder what's with him.I travel back upstairs and see a human with a beautiful two-handed iron sword. I say to him"hey,want to follow me downstairs, to a dark corner, with no witnesses?". he said "I will travel with you if you lead me to glory and death". well i guess i can give him the death part. i lead him and a three other humans downstairs, to their death. in their death they gave me a few wounds, but i survived their attempt to survive justice's wrath. i return to Branddells to drop off my  haul, but i'm keeping the two-handed iron sword for myself. I meet with my ringleader Arile Lucidwhisker. I ask him about his family. he tells me about his father Nine Creaturbeloved. In 59 Nine married an unknown creature(what?). now curious, I ask about his family again. he tells me how his father, in the early spring of 65 Nine began an apprenticeship under an unkown creature(weird). I'm going to repeatedly ask him about his family and tell you any new stuff about Nine. He wrote the book Clefts and Nothing More in 279.he created The Nuanced Composition in the late summer of 411. both times he was in Bearcrews. ok, Arile stopped saying new stuff, so I'm going to leave for more metal weapons. I'm hungry and thirsty(in-game), so i head for a river. I suspect the horses I've bumped into are actually dwarf-ist supporters. i try to
interrogate the horses, but all they do is say "neigh", not even trying to defend themselves. under elven law it shall be okay to kill them as I have two good reasons: they are suspected dwarvist supporters and i'm hungry. the cowards
run away. It's okay justice shall find them again. I make the stupid decision to go into a pond. it freezes. That's it. I'm never making one of my adventurers go in water again. hopefully I'll figure out how to upload it to Dwarf Fortress File Depot. If not please tell me how. oh yeah, if i figure out how to show screenshots i'll put it here if not here's a typing of the death scene.
legend.
% = roots # = dirtwall * = ice @ = ice where i was before being encased in ice & = water that might have also frozen but I don't know
               #&&&#
              #&&&#
              #&&&#
              #&&&#
                #&&&#
    %#####%#&&&#
   %**#**%#&&&#
   %****** #&&&#
    #*****# #&&&#
   %##**@*#&&&#
         #**** #&&&#
         #**** #&&&#
        %%####&&&#
                #&&&#
                 #&&&#

here's the save
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11973
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:16:53 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 02:05:00 pm »

Go ahead and put me on the list, though I might not be able to commit to playing for the next few days.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »

@IcyTea you are on the list and it's your turn but you can take your time. We don't have too many adventurers.  :D
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 09:17:40 pm »

@IcyTea Sorry actually I think it's Gwolfskis turn now, I'm not sure if he will be able to do his turn but sending a PM to him.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 07:42:12 am »

Gwolfski skipped. Sending a PM to IcyTea

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 09:22:21 am »

Picked up the save; expect something today or tomorrow.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2016, 10:34:45 am »

This is the story of Aquos Lockreined.

But before we talk about Aquos, let's talk about Ustrá.
Ustrá Glowedgolds the Silvery Diamond is in many ways like any other dragon. Fiery, greedy, lethal. Some even say he has killed more than any other dragon in the world, though most of those kills have faded to obscurity.
Spoiler: Legends entry (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: List of kills (click to show/hide)

Needless to say, it would be a fool's errand to go out to try and kill such a dangerous being.

Aquos Lockreined is in many ways like any other man. Ambitious. Some say he has done nothing noteworthy in his life, and they would be right, much to his chagrin.
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personality (click to show/hide)

Hailing from the village of Cunningflames in Ablimong, The Golden Nation, Aquos is a bit of a simpleton, never having had any sort of education, but he makes up for it in physical talent, and his games with the other children taught him some basic combat skills.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

He is a casual worshipper of Galel Soakeddives the Sprayed Beaches, the goddess of salt, oceans, lakes and rivers. This fact probably won't be relevant to this story.

It is the the fifteenth day of Granite in the year 513 when Aquos finally decides he has had enough of Cunningflames and starts gathering allies for an adventure. The hecklers shall see who's laughing when Aquos returns with the head of a great dragon. (They're the ones laughing right now, but that's beside the point.)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:25:56 am by IcyTea31 »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 02:17:40 am »

Hohohoo ! A dragon slayer !  :P
Gonna be great I can feel it !

Ustrá Glowedgolds the Silvery Diamond is such a terrible foe !
"This is terrifying !"
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2016, 02:50:03 am »

Aquos starts his journey in a communal house by grabbing a few strawberries from the bags nearby. Nobody in the house is any sort of warrior, so he moves on to search for willing allies. He searches, but Cunningflames is quite lacking in both cunning and flames. Not one inhabitant knows how to handle a weapon. Luckily, the local fortress of The East Rooms is heavily guarded.

The soldiers only laugh, not even bothering to stop talking with each other as Aquos introduces himself.

He could not get any martial assistance, but it even he knows it's dangerous to travel alone. He asks an elven poet to follow him and chronicle his adventures, but she would only travel with a fellow entertainer. Aquos tries to regale the story of his home village's founding, but the poet is not impressed.

She tries to spare Aquos' feelings afterwards, but he catches her lying. She was quite literally bored to tears.

Disappointed, Aquos feels a craving for an argument and starts one with one of the soldiers who rejected him. It soon becomes very...repetitive.
Spoiler: Excellent arguments (click to show/hide)

Aquos decides to give up with Cunningflames and moves to the next hamlet over to continue his search for allies: Soakedslip. He crosses a wide canyon river on his way there, but the cold weather was to his advantage and he could just walk over it.
Spoiler: A landmark (click to show/hide)

It has started to rain by the time he arrives to Soakedslip. Guess the village really is quite soaked. The reception is about the same as in Cunningflames. There is but one swordsman in the village, and just like the others, he laughs at Aquos.

He couldn't possibly make it to another village or town before nightfall, so he goes out into the wild to hunt. Maybe if he practices his combat skills against animals, the others will take him more seriously?

The Infinite Swamp is much more finite than its name would imply. He manages to blindside a duck and wound it seriously. It bleeds out soon. Aquos doesn't feel much more skilled from this one-sided fight, but makes sure to take as many of the details as he can so he can regale the tale of the man-sized demon-duck straight from the Circus later. That should get him some attention.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looking for a greater challenge, he spots a group of boars not far from him. He tries the stealthy approach as he did with the duck, but they start running away before he can get close enough. He breaks into a sprint to follow and soon catches one with the shaft of his spear, but doesn't wound it too badly. His next strike strikes way truer into the boar's pancreas as it collapses, panting from exhaustion. It gives into pain, denying Aquos the combat experience, so he opts to put it out of its misery quickly.

He spots another boar of the group and chases it, knocking it unconscious in one blow. He cuts its throat and begins to work on his trophies. They shall all hear how he defeated two massive beasts of the vast swamp with barely any effort. He carves figurines. They are somewhat abstract as he had never carved bones before, but they depict: himself striking the boars down, his goddess, the dragon whom he chose as his quarry, and an obscure poet who went missing some time ago.

I'm not done for the day just yet, don't worry!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 05:53:57 am »

After taking a short break to catch his breath from all that sprinting, Aquos continues the hunt. He sneaks upon an osprey and stabs it right through the heart before it can react.  Much like the duck, this wasn't very educational. An eagle takes a similar sneak attack, but flies away before Aquos can follow it up.

Later, after hunting fruitlessly for a while, Aquos stumbles upon another group of boars. They will be difficult to sneak upon due to their numbers, so Aquos sighs as he might have to sprint again.
Spoiler: Boars. (click to show/hide)

As expected, they spot him almost immediately and run. He strikes two of them before they scatter, slowing them down enough to provide combat practice, though one of them falls unconscious too soon. Aquos decides to wait until it wakes up as he fights the other.

To make sure the boar doesn't die too quickly, Aquos focuses on striking with the shaft of the spear, and stabbing only nonvital areas.
Spoiler: Brutal. (click to show/hide)

It falls unconscious soon anyway, and Aquos rest for an awkward while, waiting for his foes to wake up. After some time, he loses patience and cuts their throats to move on.

His defensive skills have got no training today, however, so he needs something that will fight back. He travels east to the Field of Rending, hoping to find more aggressive animals. He is disappointed he animals there are more of the same, boars and birds of prey. It is starting to get dark and as he has nobody to watch his back and protect him from The Night, he moves to return to Cunningflames.

Some of the soldiers of The East Rooms have already gone to sleep, but Aquos brags about his hunting trip to the awake ones.

Their response was puzzling. Either they're saying they believed in Aquos' skills all along, or that slaying a boar was so simple that even someone as meek as Aquos could do it. He leans for the latter as he gets laughed at again for asking for a companion.

Dejected, he asks to stay the night at the fort and goes to sleep.

He wakes at dawn, preparing to hunt again. If wild beasts aren't enough to impress, he asks for locations of a greater challenges.
Spoiler: Choices, choices... (click to show/hide)

There are more than enough villains terrorizing the land. Some of them live too far away to travel there alone, but he should be able to reach some of them if he leaves right away.

He decides to head for the town of Clobberfly first to get some armour and look into this criminal organization.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 09:08:18 am »

Compared to Cunningflames or Soakedslip, Clobberfly is a bustling town full of people. Undistracted, he heads for the castle and descends into the catacombs. Almost immediately, he meets a bowman. Questioned, he plainly admits to being part of the criminal organization.

As Aquos is not immediately attacked, he goes and claims some armour from the catacombs' riches. He explores the catacombs and finds more of the crooks. They are way too many to take on alone, so he decides to let them be for now.

The treasures of the catacombs are well enough to buy a room in a tavern and a goblet of wine. The tavern, the Mushroom of Garnishing, is quiet as a poet is telling the story of a general in a faraway land hundreds of years ago.

He buys a drink and rents a room. As he rests, he considers his next move. The criminal organization is beyond his power to root out. He still has no companions. The kobolds to the west could be a relatively easy target.

Aquos wakes up early as he hears noise out in the hallway. He is greeted by a massive canine beast, its eyes lifeless.

He wonders where in the world such a monster came from and how it managed to get this far into the town without being attacked, but is interrupted by it drawing closer. He draws his weapon and prepares for combat. He strikes with a blow that would kill a live being, but the zombie doesn't even flinch.

The patrons downstairs complain about the current storyteller while Aquos fights for his life.

The monster isn't showing any signs of slowing down as it takes lethal blow after lethal blow. Aquos has been lucky and hasn't taken any hits yet. Figuring out he can't kill this thing normally, he knocks its teeth out. Now that it can't bite, Aquos mangles its limbs.
Spoiler: Stay down! (click to show/hide)

Due to his relative inexperience in fighting, Aquos can't quite keep track of how exactly the zombie is attacking him without any teeth or limbs. He is running out of ideas and resolves to just keep stabbing; it can't possibly live with its head split in half, right?
Spoiler: Finally! (click to show/hide)

It pays off, eventually, and Aquos puts his weapons away and heads down. He grabs the first person he sees and tells him what just happened.

Aquos slumps his shoulders at the response. He goes back upstairs and carves a little amulet from the monster's bones as a trophy. He sleeps the rest of the night disturbed by the farmer's words. Was the attack really inevitable? He absolutely must leave this crazy town behind him as soon as possible.

While Aquos doesn't know it, the undead beast that became his first notable kill did have a name: Çiriecemu. It was over 300 years old.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9