Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Distribution of features.  (Read 1380 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Distribution of features.
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:05:00 pm »

i mean like, have it so all or most, more common races have research systems/ poisonable blades/ diseases. like, why cant gnomes get diseases or have cult uprisings? i feel like that would be neat.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Distribution of features.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:13:35 pm »

Because Dwarf-mode was the testing ground for any features Meph thought were cool at the time, all the other races were built on more focused ideas than that.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:56:54 am »

That is absolutely correct.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:25:33 pm »

oh, well ok. still, it just seems odd how dwarfs seem to be the  "main race" with all the advertised features such as diseases and cults and etc, and other races have cool things too, but they miss out on what the dwarfs have. and i know the dwarfs were the testing platform, but will the features be ported over too other races, maybe?

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:29:02 pm »

oh, and one more thing. research and archeology and blade posioning, im not 100% sure but are these things distributed? i know gnomes have a archeologists bench, and a herbalists too maybe? i havent seen or ever used the research system-- how does it work, if it applys too gnomes?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 01:43:31 am »

Its dwarf-only
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 04:52:05 pm »

Its dwarf-only

awww, ok. in that case, why does it seem that the gnomes have herbolists and archeologists? i assume they can do some archeology, by getting the artifacts and etc from the earth and using the archeologists bench too do... stuff with it?

UristMcDuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 01:15:02 pm »

Its dwarf-only

How modular are different aspects of each race?  I mean, Masterwork as a whole is beautifully so since, as I understand it, that's how one is allowed to choose between races at outset and enable or disable the vast array of options put at the player's disposal.  I ask because -- much like this OP would like cults for his gnomes -- I've always wanted to play more with gnomish automation and mechanics, but am loathe to surrender so many of my favorites options available to the dwarfs alone.  Would it be too tremendous a task to allow for a few of the racial workshops to be optionally enabled (e.g. gnomish engineering, human tradesmen) regardless of outset race?

If such an implementation would be too arduous, I'd recommend my suggestion be tossed out without a second thought, but if the rewrites for Reborn would allow for it, I know it would definitely make me happy.

(And while I potentially have your ear, if my own work ever gives me time to delve into things to the extent that I'd like, I've always felt the dwarfs deserve some additional advanced brewing techniques -- e.g. fortifying brandies, perhaps raising coffee to brew and Irish-up.  Is that something I should tackle as time permits and submit to you for potential integration into Masterwork?  I've enjoyed your work so immensely, it would be a honor to add to it in what little way that I can.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 04:33:40 pm »

I had a brewery with refined drinks in earlier versions of Masterwork.

The cross-race workshops could be done, easily so. They only require added tags to the entity file, yet I dont update the old mod anymore. If you tell me which parts you want to move to which race, I can guide you through the process.