Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crossout: Imagine Mad Max-style vehicular combat in War Thunder  (Read 4995 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Crossout: Imagine Mad Max-style vehicular combat in War Thunder
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 06:00:30 pm »

So this appears to be in open beta now which is a thing, I've tried it out a bit and seems pretty fun though a massive grind fest right from the start that quickly gets old.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »

This is a free to play sort of deal right? Kinda forgot it existed. May as well give it a shot if the only cost is free time.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 01:35:59 am »

Free to play with option to purchase premium packs and currency, similar to War Thunder.

I didn't play the CBT solely cause of the durability mechanics (parts used to get worn down eventually and you'd need to repair them), which the dev then completely removed. I'm greatly enjoying the game now. Only level 7 and haven't got many parts yet.

Some nice creations to check out:

http://crossout.net/en/news/183-news-two-years-since-testing-began-en#/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:37:40 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 11:05:03 am »

I too can highly recommend the game.

Pro tip: Play the market! Sell your stuff early. Buy and sell back the same item for a profit. Never use the quick buy or quick sell price. Instead, you can set buy orders and sell orders. If it's the best price on the market at the time, people using quick buy will automatically fill your order! There is a 10% tax but often the buy/sell price of an item is enough to make a good profit despite this.

Edit: Also, I don't think anyone said this before: You can download the game for free now without any kind of special key, but you have to get it from their website. It's not on Steam yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:06:40 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

Apologies for double post, but:

The Slaves to Armok [B12] clan has been created!
We're ready to kick ass in tournament battles, and get Uranium! Join us on the Bay 12 Discord channel] to get some groups together, it's much for fun than playing with only random people. There is a link to the thread for the discord in my signature as well.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 05:17:16 pm »

Had fun playing with some folks here during the +50% XP weekend. I grinded from Engineer 1 to Engineer 14 (and Nomad 5) in 4 days at casual pace.

What I've learned so far at SP3000 and beyond:

Firepower increases more than durability, so we need to either be mobile (to run away or flank), have better weapons (to kill/cripple enemies quickly), or both. Maybe you can simply put more armours into the vehicle, but to me it limits your movement, and consequently tactical mobility.

At pre SP3000, I got an Attack Drone and used a fast vehicle with MGs. Other players ignored my drone and focused on me, who circled them with my speed, while picking their parts using MGs. I was a mere distraction, the drone would do more damage. This tactic becomes less effective at SP3000+ because my drone would get shot first by experienced players.

With high ping (I'm in Australia), I struggle aiming with high alpha, low RoF weapons, like cannons. I'm sticking to MGs.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »

The Slaves to Armok [B12] clan has been created!
It seems that you can't try to join a clan, you need to be invited, so please invite me : iwiws
Also, I didn't find a Crossout channel in the Discord. Maybe there wasn't anybody at that moment :/

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 08:30:01 pm »

Ruskin went and made a bunch of named chat channels for different games, but frankly, nobody uses them! Just join the general chat, that's where we've been every time we have a party going. If there's a need for people to be in different voice channels (they're playing different games at the same time or want to have a discussion without hearing game chat) we just fill in to the next empty room as needed most of the time.

I'll be sure to send an invite! Hopefully later they update the game so that guild members besides the guild leader can have invite permission. Right now the guild system is very bare-bones and guild battles aren't in the game yet, so it's not important to be in the guild except as a handy way to see who's online. There's an in-game chat channel but none of us bother with it, it's far easier to hold a conversation in Discord itself.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:11 am »

I got this after I saw one of the sponsored content creator vids ( https://youtu.be/pImiLsH4UrI )

Plenty of fun, starting to lvl scavangers (lvl 3 now) and its fun.

So far, strangly, I've been most successful with a ramp (flip most cars) that drops off 3-4 turrets and leaves. Even 8000 Power builds are helpless on there back afterall...

And what is it with stepwolves just beening reallly, really strong? I.e. just there default cabin with there weapons on it can take crazy much damage, with no real downside (like slow/large for truck cabin or very little mounting points like wyvern)?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 09:21:12 am »

Some new patches and stuff are out, anyone knows if explosions even do anything finally now?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 01:04:15 pm »

Is it still... playable? I quit when they nerfed controllable rockets (cause they was too dangerous to newbs, hurr-durr) so much, that they become useless even against said newbs at lower levels.
Pages: 1 [2]