Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rimseizes: A Good Succession Fort (42.06)  (Read 5504 times)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Rimseizes: A Good Succession Fort (42.06)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 05:23:25 pm »

Hey — can I request a turn and a dorfing? (Just name the dorf Snackfox)
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:20:56 pm by snackfox »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 07:15:23 pm »

That's summer and Autumn. All in all, a pretty uneventful year so far. Immortal-D, are you watching my computer? You posted that right after the first migrant wave showed up with our one and only glassmaker.
Lulz.  Immortal-D is watching you Dorf :o  As Fort's now and future only Glassmaker, I hope to have a thriving industry; tons of Clear Glass Furniture for the nobles & Green Glass Statues for everyone else.  Possibly with pictures of Giant Eagles and other Good Biome critters.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »

Dengoth Noblewire's stupid goddamn Journal

12 Moonstone
     Between Immortal-D’s sand gathering and the seeds from the farms, we’ve run fresh out of bags. I had the miners dig out a space for a loom and clothier’s shop.  There should be plenty of webs in the caverns, but setting up another farm plot to grow pig tails couldn’t hurt.

20 Moonstone
   Some Dralthas and a giant Olm were giving us trouble down in the caverns, so I sent Sanctume and Stodir to go take care of them. They barely broke a sweat and I am slightly scared now.

While chasing the Olm, Sanctume also found what looked like a passage further down into the caverns. That might be worth investigating sometime.

7 Timber
   One of the warriors hanging around the tavern applied to join the military.

A goblin? Hell no! You can’t trust a goblin with-

A… dwarf raised goblin? And a member of our civilization? Even I can’t resist the irony of having our military consist of a dwarf-raised goblin and a goblin-raised dwarf. And Stodir, I guess.

27 Timber
   Since we the bedrooms have been set up, we don’t really need the dormitory any more. I had it repurposed into a library and temple to keep everyone focused.

A dwarf bard also decided to stay.

1 Granite
   The last month has been the strangest mix of hectic and dull I’ve ever experienced. Smelting all that limonite, galena, and tetrahedrite ore exhausted our charcoal supply, making charcoal, beds, and tables exhausted our wood supply, and everyone’s been too busy hauling, crafting, and doing all kinds of random crap to cut down more trees. Eventually I just grabbed an axe and cut a few down myself, and got everything rolling.
It’s been a year now, and according to the king’s decree, I have to step down. Something about “A mind untouched by leadership is the essence of innocence.” Personally, I think that’s a load of bull, but I won’t complain about getting a break.

That’s my year done. Basically nothing noteworthy happened. Apologies, again, for the sub-par writing, I haven’t had a ton of time or energy.
Notes:
While getting screencaps for this write-up, I noticed that the goblin axeman doesn’t actually have an axe. That may be something worth fixing.
The bedrooms won’t be enough once migrant waves start showing up, those will need to be expanded.
It also may be worthwhile to find better way to seal the caverns and/or the downward passage.
Snackfox needs a dorf, and Gwolfsky can probably take care of his own.

THE SAVE
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 08:49:09 pm »

Dorf Me

Name, NineOhNineOh, custom profession of "Dark One", actual profession of militiadwarf.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 12:42:19 pm »

Gwolfsky's busy, so the save passes to Ryukan.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 03:15:11 pm »

Gwolfsky's busy, so the save passes to Ryukan.

Ryukan is also busy, so snow dwarf is up.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 04:10:28 pm »

Would you consider shortening the turn time-frame from 2 weeks to one?

May I ask why?

1.A lot can happen in 2 weeks, and circumstances can change. This could lead to people skipping a turn. Trimming it down to one will reduce the odds of this considerably.
2.Would make players less prone to delays.
3.Would make updates more frequent, and this thread less stagnant.
3.As a result more get to have a turn (results in a diverse playthrough).

All in all, one year in-game time is a question of sitting down and playing for 2 hours at worst. One week is plenty.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 10:37:33 pm »

I'm here. gonna do the first write-up on Friday or Saturday I think two weeks is better.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 08:52:44 am »

Prologue
Glory to the Glaciers!
My great king has ordered the best spy in the entire world to travel to a fortress. I'm only sent to the weirdest and worst fortresses. My mission is to infiltrate them, gather information and disappear to never be seen.

[few pages are written in the spy code unreadable]

I'm finally here at the Rimseizes. I hid the body of the immigrant in the bushes. Let's hope nobody finds it

[pages in spy code]

I think I have enough information and can disappear. When I was about to exit the fortress a dwarf approached me and asked me if I will start making socks when I become the ruler tomorrow. Oh shit, I can't disappear right now or they will get suspicious. I will need to rule it for a year and than disappear.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 07:48:45 am »

Guys any ideas what to use instead of imgur for image uploading cause imgur doesn't work in china?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:51 am »

Spring

My first impression? This place needs organizing
! I can’t work if this place isn’t organized.
I gave every dwarf a custom profession.

I was wondering who decided to dig limonite in our bedrooms.

The best place to put a coffin.

Spring:
The two bards joined our fortress for the purpose of entertaining our citizens and visitors. While mining a miner walked into a web. What an idiot, he is wasting precious web.
Great, we have visitors right away a human lasher and a dwarven poet.

We have no fuel so I ordered our planter and wood burner to start making charcoal.
The weather is horrible today, well everyday it rained acrid slush yesterday it rains today and I guess it will rain tomorrow. I need to get out of here. Oh the dwarven poet requests to become a citizen. We have 4 worthless booze sucking creatures. I think I will initiate plan BardSmashing when a mechanic arrives. A marksdwarf is visiting. I don’t think our dwarves will need to be in the military if we get so many visitors.
Ding, ding, ding migrantssss.

That’s a lot of children, 4 children came and all from one family. Finally a mechanic I ordered him to start making mechanism.
The marksdwarf joined our fortress as a citizen. Another visitor, and another useless poet.
We have a problem with food. The only thing we have are turkey egg biscuits. I order more farms to be made. Our hunter snackfox got us some tasty naked mole dogs for lunch. We can’t rely on fishing as food cause there is nothing to catch in the river. The poet joins our fortress. I ordered five picks to be made for later use. I think the goblins like us, a goblin spearman came. Our tanner was taken by a mood and he claimed a leather works. This fort is soon gonna have more visitors than dwarfs a marksdwarf visited.
Our food is back to normal, spring is almost over.
That is weird, a lord consort arrived as a visitor.

Our tanner created something special….. a mole dog shield.

A marksdwarf visited and, he right away joined our military.

How did this guy get onto there?

Oh great, when the tree was being cut this idiot got an companion.

Unfortunetly happily nothing happened to him.
Wait the guy is still up there it wasn't the same dwarf!
I think the duckling told this guy how to fly! He is still up there!

The summer has arrived and the flying dwarf and the duckling are still there!

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 12:08:46 pm »

I was wondering who decided to dig limonite in our bedrooms.

This was the second limonite vein I found and I didn't want it to go to waste. Call it artistic architecture.

The best place to put a coffin.

Had a coffin, had a hallway, put 'em together.

We have no fuel so I ordered our planter and wood burner to start making charcoal.

That'll happen a lot.

The summer has arrived and the flying dwarf and the duckling are still there!

He's actually climbing on that wall. You may be able to dig/construct him a way down, or he may climb down on his own. I'm not sure how it works.

Looking forward to more!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 07:04:01 pm »

What is wrong with my name? It's meant to be Gwolfski, not GWOLPKI.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 07:10:55 pm »

It's Gwolfsky, image isn't clear

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 08:47:48 am »

I've got a question. What makes visitors join our fortress? I always wanted to have guys join my fortress but they always just hanged around the tavern. Here however they want to join all the time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:49:36 am by snow dwarf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4