Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rimseizes: A Good Succession Fort (42.06)  (Read 5491 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Rimseizes: A Good Succession Fort (42.06)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 05:27:32 am »

Are you guys Ok if I don't add pictures cause problems if it's Ok than I can post summer soon
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 05:15:16 am »

Update two
Summer
A child snatcher has arrived. He was very fast killed by our marksman.
I thought we were in a good biome. Why is there an undead Great horned Owl Corpse near the river? The miners discovered another cavern part very deep underground. A marksman joined our fortress as a citizen.
The undead Great Horned Owl head was killed. There isn’t anything special going other than the fact that it’s raining acrid slush
There are Elk birds in the deep cavern parts so I think I will try to catch a few of them for meat.
The next overseer should note that this fortress is running low on wood buying wood from caravans is a good idea.
A leather worker has been taken by a fey mood and he has claimed leatherworks. He was requesting tanned hide so I slaughtered two cats.
Migrants arrived. A newly arrived hunter is hunting giant gazelles. The dwarf with a mood created another naked mole dog (waste of cats) leather shield, wait… I think it’s the same dwarf. There are so many migrants that I will not give a custom profession to everyone just the guys that I need and everybody else will do whatever he has assigned when he comes.
I ordered an above ground farm plot construction. We have 59 citizens.
I thought this fort was supposed to be a resort away from the evil but I think it’s a resort for the evil

I order our military to try to kill it. It was killed very fast but at the cost of a passing by Blacksmith, Hauler, Legendary Leatherworker our whole “hand to hand” soldiers (also Sanctume and NineOhNineOh) and one marksdwarf.
Death scene

Our deep cavern trap for elk birds caught a crundle. Actually three of them. Gwolfski that was loading a cage trap killed one and a random hauler is taking chasing another one. Gwolfski is chasing the crundles around. Autumn came.

I hope you liked this update. This fortress is a fortress of evil not good. I will have the next update today or tomorrow
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:51:13 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 10:54:31 am »

One dorf please. Name: DolosusDoleus, Job: Doctor, and Custom Title: Idiot Savant
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »

Crundles! Go get 'em!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:16 am »

Save Update coming soon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 10:19:18 am »

Redorf please, as "Sanc Tomb", any recruit. :)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:02 am »

Update 3
Autumn and winter was pretty uneventful. A child created an artifact bone bed that I put in the dining hall. We have all the crundles in cages, wait actually not all more just came. Gwolfski died to unknown causes (I really don’t know why he died). Snackfox became a legendary marksman. A farmer had a mood and created a willow bracelet. Our hand to hand military is running again.

Notes:
Bedrooms for dwarfs. There are a few dwarfs standing in blood of a creature in the caverns and I think they can't move an attempt of mining there got the miner stuck. (It's not forgotten beast blood)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:18:00 am by snow dwarf »

Elanorea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 05:45:28 pm »

Guess I'll give this a try, sign me up for a turn.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 01:05:47 am »

Yeesh! Sorry for the inactivity, got a bit busy IRL. The zombie owl probably wandered over from the evil biome a couple tiles northeast. You can slab Gwolfski to find his cause of death. The trapped dwarves may have no way to path- make sure no trees grew in the way and the door's unlocked.

Looking at the front page I realized I somehow missed Sanctume's turn request which should have been before snow dwarf. Sorry! You can have the next turn to make up for that little slip-up.

Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:36 pm »

They had a path cause i have send a miner there (who is now also stuck) and I can't slab Gwolfski cause my turn is over but I think we have a vampire cause Gwolfski was running around pale for around two months.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2016, 04:36:01 pm »

I hope you liked this update. This fortress is a fortress of evil not good. I will have the next update today or tomorrow

I think this is a marvelous quote, mostly due to how the announcement of the fortress being utterly evil is casually thrown inbetween two neutral progress statements.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2016, 10:49:06 am »

REDWARF ME

NineOh 2, militiadwarf.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2016, 12:42:44 pm »

A turn, as well as a dwarf.
(Any old (>50 yrs) dwarf, preferably one with a useless job, if he has a job. Name him Error.)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 11:12:16 am »

A turn, as well as a dwarf.
(Any old (>50 yrs) dwarf, preferably one with a useless job, if he has a job. Name him Error.)

I Am Error....
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:41 am »

I am almost done with the other fort. 
Do you want me to pick this up and take my turn? 
I can start perusing tonight, make notes and plans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4