Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chrome Mage Saga  (Read 2706 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Chrome Mage Saga
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 06:43:50 pm »

Actually, Imma have to drop out, TBF makes a good point.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »

I'm sorry, trolling?  Since when?

I want to play, but not if it's going to require frenetic mashing of the refresh button/use of Notify/setting alarms on my phone.  I'm not that dedicated to this, as intriguing as the spell system is.

Seriously, I think you have something, but you really need to adapt your game to the forum instead of expecting the forum to adapt to your game.

Like, make blocks in terms of GM update posts, as opposed to real-time, and rejigger the timing-based stuff to have specific subblocks instead of specific times.  Because B12 doesn't do real-time, as a rule.  That's the only problem I have.

This forum is not GameFAQs, and expecting it to be GameFAQs isn't going to work.

So no, the thing isn't that I don't understand or that I don't want to play, it's that a core mechanic is just completely inaccessible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 07:35:52 pm »

I'm sorry, trolling?  Since when?

I want to play, but not if it's going to require frenetic mashing of the refresh button/use of Notify/setting alarms on my phone.  I'm not that dedicated to this, as intriguing as the spell system is.

Seriously, I think you have something, but you really need to adapt your game to the forum instead of expecting the forum to adapt to your game.

Like, make blocks in terms of GM update posts, as opposed to real-time, and rejigger the timing-based stuff to have specific subblocks instead of specific times.  Because B12 doesn't do real-time, as a rule.  That's the only problem I have.

This forum is not GameFAQs, and expecting it to be GameFAQs isn't going to work.

So no, the thing isn't that I don't understand or that I don't want to play, it's that a core mechanic is just completely inaccessible.

I plan to make this game fully customizable. The defensive stances so far have been either timing based or random numbers. And I will add more. I don't think you understand that within what I'm willing to offer you will be able play any kind of game in this, that is what chrome mage is all about. It's something I've hosted before on game faqs and really if it can work there it can work here it's not such a different community and this is not my first game hosted on this forum.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 07:42:20 pm »

Bay12.

Is not.

GameFAQs.

As much as you'd like it to be.

Just because this isn't your first time hosting a game doesn't mean that you can't come up with something that will guarantee an implosion due to lack of mechanics support.  i.e., the realtime component.

And it is the realtime component I'm having trouble understanding the design choices behind.

It's not "Within the game, do I have agency", it's "We cannot adequately manage to deal with something set up to be the core of the system."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 07:56:46 pm »

It literally already has half the spells not having anything to do with timing. Make two of them and we'll play. I'll even add 2 new stances to stretch my gameplay, possibly to something you can approve of.

Tactical Stance: battles take place on a grid attacks from behind for improved accuracy. A turn is 3 minutes and a block is 10 turns(not real time).
Dwarven Stance: same as drunken stance except a turn is 3 minutes and a block is 10 turns(not real time).

Now one hundred percent of spells can be used without a timer fancy that. Doesnt change the fact that they could be.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:01:27 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »

I do find the one hour blocks more exciting, admittedly, however so more of my energy will go to players willing to test this route.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 06:25:02 pm »

Oh so you were full of crap.
Pages: 1 2 [3]