Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monster Straight out of a Sci-fi Horror  (Read 1623 times)

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monster Straight out of a Sci-fi Horror
« on: April 09, 2016, 09:38:31 am »

So I had recently started a new Fortress in Masterwork, a small human town in a big gigantic Desert that spans the entire world. and then out of nowhere this thing shows up

I have no idea what this thing is but I'm pretty sure it eats children

Apparently this thing is called a "Xen Infector" and here's the description

So yeah. this is a weird maggot with tentacles that reproduces by infecting people and impregnating them with larva's.

guys what should I do. I really think I should recreate the movie Aliens.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Straight out of a Sci-fi Horror
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:18:59 pm »

ive never seen these things? you using masterwork or masterwork reborn? you could check the raws about it, for something called "Xen infector" might "infect" ur humans. maybe

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 09:10:02 pm »

it is less 'Aliens' and more Japanese Tenticale Rape Hentai

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 12:49:51 am »

Oh god, I hate those things. They are pretty dangerous, but I don't think I've ever actually seen them reproduce like that.

Generally they just kill my citizens. I suggest trying to capture them, digging out a pit for them and then throw prisoners down there to test if they really do implant anyone with their young. For science.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:16:35 am »

I actually had a spur of creativity, and I had a cool idea on trying to weaponize them. but then the Infector left :C

I think it was a randomly generated monster, since I recall generating a couple random monsters using a random-monster mod thing.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »

They're not randomly generated, I used to get them in almost every one of my forts. Annoying little bastards.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:11 am »

Oh, someone found my creatures. I forgot I ever created them. Hah. They are supposed to be "alien"-like species from the evil biomes. Not like in Alien movies, just very different to normal wildlife.

There are various types of xen creatures. I think it's from my old Genesis Reborn. They have an illithid-like society, just based on soul consumption, not brain consumption.

I am not sure if Meph took them from the mod version where they have not reproduced yet, or where they already started doing it. I may look into that ;).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:45:42 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository