Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commemerative Coins!!!!!!! NOW WITH !!!  (Read 1074 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Commemerative Coins!!!!!!! NOW WITH !!!
« on: April 09, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »

This is both a suggestion and a whiny gripe.

I would love to be able to choose details for coins in the same way we choose imagery for statues. For some reason this bothers me immensely.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:10:29 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
Re: Commemerative Coins!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:02:37 pm »

This is both a suggestion and a whiny gripe.

I would love to be able to choose details for coins in the same way we choose imagery for statues. For some reason this bothers me immensely.
I would love to make coins that have pictures of endless elf heads on wooden spikes and then trade them to the tree hugging bastards. +1
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:12:13 pm »

I like this idea.

"On the front of the coin is an image of Urist McMetalcrafter and a forge and five hundred coins.  The image commemorates the event of Urist McMetalcrafter creating the last set of commemorative coins, which commemorated creating the previous set of commemorative coins, which commemorated creating the previous set..."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:24:45 pm »

i like this suggestion!!!!!!

i also like including six exclamation marks!!!!!![/sarcasm]

If you want Toady and others to look at this, you maybe don't want to have six exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ten is much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Commemerative Coins!!!!!!! NOW WITH !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

i like this suggestion!!!!!!

i also like including six exclamation marks!!!!!![/sarcasm]

If you want Toady and others to look at this, you maybe don't want to have six exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ten is much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fixed.

I'm glad this is a well received suggestion. I want a coin that commemorates the unsolved mystery of Mayor McBismuthTable's death, and has a picture of magma.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:55 pm »

I'm glad this is a well received suggestion. I want a coin that commemorates the unsolved mystery of Mayor McBismuthTable's death, and has a picture of magma.
It would be hilarious if a coin struck to commemorate the mysterious death of a beloved citizen included an accurate picture of the vampire.

Bonus points if the vampire is the metalcrafter, who then facepalms.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:08:48 am »

+1

I'd love it if coins were customizable in the Dwarf mode - to decide whether it is the civ symbol, the portrait of the leader, a certain creature on one side and anything on the other - weapons or slain foes for a militaristic nation, a tree for tree-lovers, a masterwork item, etc.

Commemorative coins are fine too, of course. After battle kings should mint coins that depict them conquerors  with an image of battle on the other side. Don't think that it's too difficult to do, but would be much fun.