Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A problem with cities...  (Read 767 times)

Sit_Rom.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A problem with cities...
« on: April 11, 2016, 10:38:58 am »

So, is it normal to have enormous latency issues when traversing a towns or cities?

I ask because I was given a quest to drive a faction out of a city, but it's a little difficult to gather information from the local populous when moving even a single tile has a 3-5 second delay attached to it...

Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem, is it a bug?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:48:03 pm by Sit_Rom.exe »
"After a while I got fed up and threw my coins at him. The silver coins hit him in the body and shattered his upper spine. I sat there watching him slowly suffocate."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with cities...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 11:06:31 am »

There is most likely a library in town, especially bad if there is a library with broken exits because then you just get a box of scholars biting each other to death while trying to run away with nowhere to go.

Also possible that you got the weird "merchant zombies in the marketplace" bug like I did which is the worst lag I've ever experienced.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:33:00 am »

Marketplaces cause town lag, as do the large stray and tame animal populations. A library just compounds the lag.

Also @Max! That's the thing that happened last run where I found a library with no entry or exit. Good times had by all.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 03:56:44 pm »

Advfort works. (I never play an adventurer without it.) I think I'd be able to take apart a wall in a... few days, in RL. With several injuries. And only if given at least a sledgehammer, a screwdriver, some ice, five armadillos, an Archimedes Screw, nine-tenths of a river, and a place to stand.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!