Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite  (Read 60449 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:13:37 pm »

Ah, I'm still downloading on my crap internet, so I'll hold judgement until I get my hands on it but so far it sounds disappointing considering the first 2 ports were well-optimized.
Uh, no? The first game was a mess for PC. FPS went low for no reason and then you'd be booted out of online when it inevitably went under 30. And since this was GWFL, it meant you were booted back to the main menu.

I counted DS2 twice considering they released it twice. Nah, just kidding, I don't have the first game on pc, the game i was thinking of was Dragons Dogma, which is an unrelated game.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »

Seems to work fine for the most part, for me.

Though there are still framerate drops occasionally. Probably something I forgot to turn down, or can't be turned down. I hope there isn't anything that you can't change in-game.

That first boss was awesome though.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 02:54:32 am »

Loved what I've played so far which is unfortunately not a whole lot. I've got about an hour on steam (though I'd say more than half is character creation) and in that time it's crashed four times, the third crash causing my monitor to stop working until I rebooted. It runs fine for me on high-ish graphics setting but with these crashes I'm not going to play much more until they get a patch out. Re-opening the game ever 3-15 minutes just takes too much away from the experience.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 03:00:33 am »

It may very well be your graphics card overheating.  Consider turning down the graphics a bit maybe and see if it affects the frequency of crashes?
Nom nom nom

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 03:31:05 am »

Could be, I'll give that a try later. It seems to be a common enough problem so I'm hoping it's a problem on the game's end rather than mine. I'll post back with results (if I remember to).

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 04:17:49 am »

Yeah, the monitor not working is an issue i used to have on an older comp when the card would over heat.  Hopefully it is a game problem though cause that's certainly an easier fix.

Pretty fun game so far, very hard but fun.
Nom nom nom

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 04:20:21 am »

The Preoad wouldnt work for me, it jsut kept saying "Disk Write Error", so I'm downloading it again. Sitting at 80% now.

And I ahve to agreeahe PC Ports for both DS1 and 2 were not all that great. The Keboard Controls were barely functional and DS1 still has massive framerate issues to this very day. So here's hoping they tried to improve on that a little.

Also, can someone put pthe starter classes in a spoiler? I'm just curious if it's the usual or if they added some new stuff.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 05:06:35 am »

Glad to hear that they've done up combat movement compared to DS1/2. I was starting to wonder if it was going to go down the Dynasty Warriors path.
It's a game. Have fun.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 07:56:57 am »

I think they learned a few lessons from Bloodborne and realized slow combat, hiding behind a shield all the time while wearing heavy armor and etc wasn't the best thing ever for since it encourages a more passive gameplay, which is good and different and all, but kinda gets old after a while, like huge armored dudes, which are still quite prevalent it seems.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 09:01:11 am »

Well, I had pre-ordered it and now I have refunded it. I thought the minimum requirements on the page were overexaggerated since I've achieved 30+fps on games I didn't meet the reqs on before, but apparently they aren't, From Soft couldn't be bothered to optimize their game for pc and just slapped a GTX 750Ti minimum requirement on it. I can run the previous 2 games at 60fps and can run modern games at 30-60 fps with some tuning of settings, but Dark souls 3 on minimum settings and lowered resolution struggles to go past 10fps.

I'd love to play it, but I sadly can't until I get a new graphics card.

Isn't the 750ti basically an entry level card anyway?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:30 am »

I think they learned a few lessons from Bloodborne and realized slow combat, hiding behind a shield all the time while wearing heavy armor and etc wasn't the best thing ever for since it encourages a more passive gameplay, which is good and different and all, but kinda gets old after a while, like huge armored dudes, which are still quite prevalent it seems.

I can't speak for DS2 or 3, but in my playthroughs of DS1, I never used a shield to block. With a light equip load the dodgerolls have many invincibility frames and a quick recovery time, making it more effective than blocking most of the time (since both would negate the damage, but rolling uses less stamina). I don't know if that's the way most people played, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:21 pm »

I almost never rely on shields myself, mostly because I'm using a keyboard+mouse combo and using both blocking and parrying is annoying since it's a click/doubleclick thing and incredibly hard to time properly. So I just naturally found rolling to be much easier and more viable, of course this made certain enemies a proper bitch to deal with while others were trivial.

I'll hold off on getting this, mostly because I'm cashless and there might be a super edition like SotFS was for DS2
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »

I'll hold off on getting this, mostly because I'm cashless and there might be a super edition like SotFS was for DS2

Might or might not, seeing as they adopted a season pass model of dlc like Fallout 4 and others. They could later, later on, but for the next 2 years i think we won't see such a thing.

So, first impressions. Stopped at the main menu to familiarize myself with controls, set graphics to high except for depth of field and motion blur which i set off cuz i don't like those effects, and SSAO which i set to low. Created my character (took knight, starter gift was the HP ring cuz I have no idea if the others might have some arcane use (they usually do when you know)) and ran around killing the beginning undead. FPS seems stable and relatively high. Enjoying the nostalgia and go exploring off a side trail.
"Turn Back." Pffftttt, what am I, a noob? Large glowing muther sitting in the back of a valley. Having my advanced Dark Souls skillz, I immediately challenge it and die. Dark souls! All those blood stains can't be wrong.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 03:19:30 pm »

Does the game allow you to set your maximum framerate? If it's anything like Skyrim with vsync off you might be working the card too hard by running +200fps when your display can only handle 60-144.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »

I am pretty sure the game has a built in 60fps cap.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22