Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite  (Read 60376 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2017, 08:50:00 am »

New DLC releases today it seems.

Love that it's been tagged as 'Dating Sim, Casual, Relaxing, Cute' on Steam.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2017, 01:52:55 pm »

So DS3 is on a 50% off sale today, and naturally I'm immediately sus about another Scholar release (got bitten by that buying DS2 on sale. Sale for a sale is nice but still feels like I got chump'd)

Have Namco said anything about whether they'll be bundling DS3 later? Or, hopefully, anything about them not? Cursory google didn't tell me but I'm not up to date with them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2017, 01:55:14 pm »

I should probably beat the base game before bothering with DLC, right?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »

First one isn't a must since it's more of a sideways thing, expands on things and all. The one that came out recently is a bit of an afterwards thing since you gotta get to the final boss area to access it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2017, 08:19:40 am »

So DS3 is on a 50% off sale today, and naturally I'm immediately sus about another Scholar release (got bitten by that buying DS2 on sale. Sale for a sale is nice but still feels like I got chump'd)

Have Namco said anything about whether they'll be bundling DS3 later? Or, hopefully, anything about them not? Cursory google didn't tell me but I'm not up to date with them.

I am unsure, I feel as though they'll probably bundle it up, but I doubt they'll do a whole graphical upgrade/whatever thing like with Scholar. The graphics are already pretty much on par with other AAA releases, and they've said they're not doing any more to DS (at least for a good long while).

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2017, 04:11:23 pm »

Scholar wasn't really graphics, just better DLC meshing
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2017, 05:16:08 pm »

With DS3 being the last game in the series (so From has said) I wouldn't doubt that Namco will eventually do a GOTY or whatever edition of it. Even Skyrim with its ludicrous success eventually bundled everything, once they needed to extend the sales tail.

So if you're willing to wait long enough, it's probably an inevitability. Especially if From changes their minds and does DS4.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:20:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2017, 05:18:50 pm »

With DS3 being the last game in the series (so From has said) I wouldn't doubt that Namco will eventually got a GOTY or whatever edition of it. Even Skyrim with its ludicrous success eventually bundled everything, once they needed to extend the sales tail.

So if you're willing to wait long enough, it's probably an inevitability. Especially if From changes their minds and does DS4.
If it goes the way of Skyrim, though, we'll have to wait until the next generation of consoles... and the current one is pretty new.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2017, 05:22:35 pm »

Well....newish if you consider this "next gen" is just a much needed hardware upgrade.

Next Gen, lel. It's nice to see what time has done for that little bit of marketing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2017, 01:34:00 am »

There's already 'Fires Fade' edition. I think that's just a bundle though.

I just want some of the cut content restored if they do revisit DS3 at some point. A lot of it is finished, even. Like Ciaran's Dual Tracers from DS1.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2017, 01:48:33 am »

First time I went up against them (with a friend), the true boss of the Abyss Watchers was my subpar hardware causing me to get "framerate issues" that disconnected me from Online mode. So glad to see this holds true the second time around. ::)
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2017, 09:05:21 am »

Fight them solo, that's one of the fights that is completely and utterly ruined by taking a buddy. It moves from a cinematic, well-paced duel to two Ashen Ones gangbanging the boss against a wall with R1 stunlock.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2017, 09:21:31 am »

Even tho they're my favourite bossfight in the game (excluding DLC, haven't done that yet), I dislike the amount of variance in it, all of which comes down to who the others target in the first phase. If they focus the boss mostly then it's a cakewalk with free hits while it lasts, if they focus you it'll take forever to do anything because you'll spend most of your time either dodging or running away from three fuckers trying to murder you.
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2017, 11:16:53 am »

It's always a 2v2. Maybe the add that's hostile to the other two can damage you, but I've never seen that happen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2017, 11:44:38 am »

From my expirience their aggro seemed random, they'd switch from going after you to going after the boss, not sure if it targeted the closest of them or what.

Edit:

Reading up on the wiki it seems so, first one targets the player while the second one targets whatever hit it last. So 3v1 situations are entirely possible if not that common.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:46:40 am by Jopax »
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22