Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite  (Read 59986 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »

Figured this thread is the closest enough for this to be relevant in.  Recently wound up finally picking up the original Dark Souls.  I'm half thinking of trying to kick off a stream the game for it.  Anyone interested in laughing at me while I repeatedly fail utterly?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

For your first souls game, you might want to git gud in solitude. At least for a little bit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 12, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »

For your first souls game, you might want to git gud in solitude. At least for a little bit.

I've gone through the Undead Asylum and messed around in the Undead Burg a bit, so I'm not starting from absolute zero.  Still, even if I was starting from nothing, I really don't care about looking the part of the fool.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2017, 04:26:26 pm »

Streaming games that you're playing blind is very fun, I recommend it. Provided you can get people to actually watch, of course. :P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 12, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »

I think streaming for a small audience will be fine, as long as the viewers are respectful and keep backseating to a minimum.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »

I'll only yell git gud a few times, honest.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2017, 04:38:52 pm »

I've gone through the Undead Asylum and messed around in the Undead Burg a bit, so I'm not starting from absolute zero.  Still, even if I was starting from nothing, I really don't care about looking the part of the fool.

More I was thinking it's a game with several nuances that you might want to learn before you get distracted by entertaining a stream.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2017, 05:12:04 pm »

More I was thinking it's a game with several nuances that you might want to learn before you get distracted by entertaining a stream.

The failures as I learn the game is what is going to be the primary entertainment, not me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »

FWIW my opinion on blind Souls streams/videos is this: if you don't constantly run past obvious paths, areas, items, &c. or get mad/confused about things the game already explained, it's great. If you do, it is completely unwatchable shit.

Without exaggeration Oroboro's playthrough of DkS3 is the only one I watched all the way through, and I think he's a bit of an obnoxious cunt. Thing was, he didn't play like a blind retarded chimp with the memory of a goldfish, which was my impression of pretty much every single other blind playthrough I tried to watch.. and I goddamn love watching other people play through Souls games blind.

Oh, and good god, the people who spend thirty minutes rambling about lore when the stuff they're talking about is directly contradicted by the flavor text of the item that prompted it, but they never notice because they can't into reading comprehension.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 12, 2017, 07:24:52 pm »

I absolutely hate watching anyone who misses something completely obvious on the screen.

person picks up item and opens inventory

highlights new item; 5 second pause

“WhErE iS iT?”
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:28 pm »

Okay, that’s not even something someone could honestly miss, that’s just your own idiocy getting in the way.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2017, 08:28:20 pm »

Everyone's an idiot when playing games, because you can't have your eyes on the whole screen at once. Yes, you. You do this. So do streamers, it's just more obvious because you're looking over their shoulder and can focus on things they're missing because they're thinking about the game. Deal with it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 12, 2017, 08:34:06 pm »

Well, I guess game journos are bad at videogames, but that's a separate point. :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 12, 2017, 10:22:17 pm »

Going to get the stream set up here in about five minutes from the time of posting.  Doing a final check of things as once I jump into the game fully, can't easily exit it to modify the broadcast's settings.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »

Kicked off a thread in 'play with your buddies' to use for the stream so I won't be spamming this thread with posts.  Thread is here.  As mentioned there, next stream will be up in about half an hour as I need to eat dinner first.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22