Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite  (Read 59988 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »

Attention all Sunbros, t-minus 23 hours before Dark Souls 3 PC release!

Seeing as Dark Souls 3 is releasing soon, and we somehow don't have a [recent] thread open for it, I decided to just make one. I preordered the Deluxe edition 20% off thanks to Green Man Gaming and am super pumped to go help noobs boss grind in full resplendence as a golden sunbro!

I literally know nothing bout' the game other than its like the other Dark Souls but newer, so anyone who's been seriously following the game please post and teach me whats different this go-around.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:35:43 pm by Toady One »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 06:24:48 pm »

While I think the game will be good, I will not be buying this outside of a promotion because bandai namco decided to increase the price of the game by 60%, in clear violation of local laws (that they need to follow to sell here; they even got an office in São Paulo!), and complaints have been met with either silence or "the initial price was a mistake" (despite it staying at that price for a couple of months).

Shame, really.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »

and am super pumped to go crush noobs trying to boss grind in full dankness as a malicious darkwraith!

Fixed a couple typos there, friend.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 10:31:55 pm »

If only I could be so grossly incandecent
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:20:03 pm »

If only I could be so grossly incandecent

Me waiting for the release.

*Sigh* "If only, if only."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:22:43 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:14 pm »

ptw

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:17:07 pm »

Note, since I think it's not much of a spoiler:

You can change covenants on a whim now; it's based on an item that you equip, and there's no penalty for switching. Things like Way of the Blue now have use, since you can just switch to and from as necessary.
Oh nice. I liked the commitment of a covenant, but overall that's probably a change for the better.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:24:23 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw
If you speak Italian (or can read subtitles, but the Italian accents make it so much better) do yourself a favor and check the rest of that channel out. It's amazing.

Meanwhile, I'm busy getting hyped.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

Well, I had pre-ordered it and now I have refunded it. I thought the minimum requirements on the page were overexaggerated since I've achieved 30+fps on games I didn't meet the reqs on before, but apparently they aren't, From Soft couldn't be bothered to optimize their game for pc and just slapped a GTX 750Ti minimum requirement on it. I can run the previous 2 games at 60fps and can run modern games at 30-60 fps with some tuning of settings, but Dark souls 3 on minimum settings and lowered resolution struggles to go past 10fps.

I'd love to play it, but I sadly can't until I get a new graphics card.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 08:51:26 pm »

Wow this game is terrible... What is this releasing the game as a complete product crud are they pulling?

Don't you know? you release the game as a unfinished mess... don't they know how modern games are done?

-100 points! 0/10. Now if Creative Assembly made this game!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:17 pm »

I do love how agile the game is now compared to previous ones.

I couldn't STAND Dark Souls because it felt like the air was actually a thick viscous fluid with how your character moved around.

Now? Holy cow your Aladdin!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »

Ah, I'm still downloading on my crap internet, so I'll hold judgement until I get my hands on it but so far it sounds disappointing considering the first 2 ports were well-optimized.

Other reviews are all over the fucking board tho: some are playing ok and have minor gripes with gameplay decisions and others are crashing at the main menu. Dafuq FromSoftware? They're filtering who gets the optimized game based on whether you praised the sun or not.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »

Ah, I'm still downloading on my crap internet, so I'll hold judgement until I get my hands on it but so far it sounds disappointing considering the first 2 ports were well-optimized.
Uh, no? The first game was a mess for PC. FPS went low for no reason and then you'd be booted out of online when it inevitably went under 30. And since this was GWFL, it meant you were booted back to the main menu.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »

Least a little bit of the pre-release/media release stuff I've seen seemed to suggest the game has problems with certain video cards, which would pretty comfortably explain why there's so much variation in reaction. Also some potential optimization problems, but mostly some cards that would otherwise be capable of running it easily just kinda' throwing up their hands and going home.

Won't be getting the game myself (my comp doesn't have a chance in hell of running it :V), but it's definitely the most interesting to watch of the other soul-likes FS has made so far, imo. Movement and combat and whatnot seems waaaaaaay more responsive, heh -- definitely drawing more heavily from Bloodborne than the direct Souls line. Most of the gameplay changes seem pretty alright, too. Looks like something souls players will appreciate, in any case.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22