Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite  (Read 59992 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3: Sunbros unite
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2017, 12:14:02 am »

and all cute
Black lives matter.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2017, 11:54:36 am »

Well, Ornstein was poky.

Nito seems more annoying than anything in Anor Londo really.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2017, 03:05:32 am »

Well, this still isn't strictly relevant to the thread, but I'm posting it because it was awesome. Dark souls one, and my first time invading/pvp-ing at all. Ran around Darkroot looking for the guy, terrible lag. Finally found him coming up the ladder from the basin. Got the first hit in as I ambushed him, and then spammed black knight greataxe r1s as he repeatedly tried to circle around for a backstab. Took quite a lot of damage as he flattened me twice with a greatsword, and was barely on a dozen health when he backed off. He had about a third left. I whipped out a Great Chaos Fireball and some how hit him with it as he hurried back in for the kill. Trying to capitalise on this, I swung wildly again, losing my stamina as he waited me out and then ran forward. Seconds before he struck the killing blow, the pool of lava at his feet killed him.

Considered pointing down for salt, but bowed instead. Fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2017, 03:33:45 am »

The Point Down gesture should be reserved only for the most heinous enemies; those that use every possible advantage they can to kill you, with no regard to concepts of honor or fairness. You would Point Down a gank squad, a twink, or a nigh-unbeatable meta build.

To use such vulgar gesturing on an everyman is to taint the gravity of Point Down, and you shame yourself by considering it.

:P
Black lives matter.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2017, 04:22:37 am »

Backstab fishing is meta, as far as I understand it :P

Anyway, consequent invasions haven't gone as planned, with me getting rekt by a pro despite dirty tactics, disconnected, and poked off a ledge with a suspisciously long spear combo.

Oh well, better do some convenanting so I can invade more.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2017, 11:38:14 am »

The Point Down gesture should be reserved only for the most heinous enemies; those that use every possible advantage they can to kill you, with no regard to concepts of honor or fairness. You would Point Down a gank squad, a twink, or a nigh-unbeatable meta build.

To use such vulgar gesturing on an everyman is to taint the gravity of Point Down, and you shame yourself by considering it.

:P
I know twink as meaning something else, how are we using it here?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2017, 11:48:03 am »

Intentionally keeping your Soul Level low while using upgraded weapons to kill low-level players that you normally wouldn't be matched with. It's harder, but possible, in 3.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »

More specifically, running a low-SL character through multiple NGs to get the best rings, full estus upgrades, &c. and upgrading the most abuseable weapons (like Raw Astora SS) to the cap of the target upgrade range for the area you intend to twink in.

Granted, I'm mostly okay with it because it's used to counter gankers, SL300billion sunbros abusing the shitty unbalanced level scaling co-op, &c. to haul new players through early areas without any semblance of difficulty.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2017, 07:23:24 am »

Well, dark souls 1 was amazing. Didn't like the last fight's mechanics much, but everything else was really spot-on at the end. Great game overall. The way stuff looked and was connected felt really solid somehow.

Favourite boss was probably Manus.

Edit: Just started again with the master key. Opened up the door to the valley of the drakes and realised I could go see Queelag, Moonlight Butterfly, Gargoyles, or anyone else I fancied. Amazing feeling. Naturally, I'm going through the undead burg out because it's an awesome area too, but I'm definitely going to turn down as soon as possible. Also going to try and kill the four kings as early as I can for that sweet red eye orb.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:46:54 pm by NJW2000 »

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 01, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »

Hello all, I'm struggling prrreeetttty hard against the dancer - anyone up for some jolly cooperation (PC)!?

I know the strategy behind it, but I keep on getting caught out - I've tried summoning randoms, but absolutely every single one has died pretty much instantly. Literally, I've done it about 10 times with randoms, and each one has died within about 15 seconds.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2017, 01:25:53 pm »

Dancer was probably the one legitimately hard fight in DS3, solo or coop. I think I had to do it over 15 times before we beat her. The only boss I had to fight that much just for my first win.

Phase 2 is the nasty part. If someone dies during Phase 1 they're not paying attention. Learning the attack arc on her moves in Phase 2 is the key to survival, because they come out much faster than in Phase 1 and she's got some tricky telegraphing that leads you to believe one thing when she's actually about to do another.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2017, 01:32:05 pm »

Dancer was probably the one legitimately hard fight in DS3, solo or coop. I think I had to do it over 15 times before we beat her. The only boss I had to fight that much just for my first win.

Phase 2 is the nasty part. If someone dies during Phase 1 they're not paying attention. Learning the attack arc on her moves in Phase 2 is the key to survival, because they come out much faster than in Phase 1 and she's got some tricky telegraphing that leads you to believe one thing when she's actually about to do another.

Yeah, I can normally manage until that point, but then I just get clipped and because of her chain attacks, getting hit once just completely ruins me. I've also sometimes died to her grab attacks, which seem to have a weird hitbox (I've been sure I've been far enough away/behind).

Out of the entire series, it's the one boss which has ever caused me so much trouble - The only other boss I've died to more than once is pontiff in d3! The issue is that normally I try to solo and then summon if I get stuck (and normally first time it) but this one my summons are always dying leaving me to a buffed boss. Combine that with a weird desync issue where I've summoned people and they've not been able to come in and I'm absolutely raging.

Any takers to help a bay12er?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 01, 2017, 01:41:03 pm »

I'll drop a sign outside the fog wall, but I'm probably the wrong level, and rusty besides.

e: password set to "bay12"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:51:17 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 01, 2017, 02:20:26 pm »

I'll drop a sign outside the fog wall, but I'm probably the wrong level, and rusty besides.

e: password set to "bay12"

Nogoodnames. No mere mortal - a true god amongst men.

Seriously. Thank you so much - you basically carried the fight, and I'm literally beaming with glee.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 01, 2017, 02:27:25 pm »

Heh, no problem :D

Good luck in the the next area, it can get pretty rough.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22