Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What mods would you want to see made?  (Read 9102 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: What mods would you want to see made?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »

I wish there was a way to prevent intelligent creatures from wanting to wear gloves and shoes all the time. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »

All I can think of is neglecting to give them gloves of any sort. You can make them utterly shameless and they won't get bad thoughts of being shoeless.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2016, 10:52:35 pm »

But then the second they kill a goblin, the whole fort will bum rush its socks, which is silly if it's something like ant-men or centaurs.  You would think that DF might have some sort of distinction between hands and feet and appendages like hooves and tentacles, but I'm pretty sure GRASP is GRASP and STANCE is STANCE regardless of the gritty details.  I know Simiates wear gloves on their tails. 

I should mention, I'm pretty sure Meph has a DFHack script in MasterWork that prevents certain races from wanting to wear clothes, but ugh, DFHack...
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Adam Mantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2016, 01:23:12 am »

I'd like to see a mod that replicates the setting of the classic 4x game Master of Magic

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2016, 01:25:23 am »

I would like a mod that replicated all technical developments between the medieval age and the european industrial revolution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2016, 01:30:04 am »

Ya know, a space mod would be cool. It doesn't have to be Star Trek themed. Space dwarves colonizing an alien world and whatnot.
Warhammer 40k: Squat codex.

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2016, 03:54:42 am »

I would like a mod that replicated all technical developments between the medieval age and the european industrial revolution.

what would you name it

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2016, 04:34:46 am »

Luminaries and Leviathans or somesuch.

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2016, 04:04:14 pm »

There is one mod that I would immediately throw money at anybody who restarted it:

LFR by narhiril. Favorite mod I've played due to its multi-tier, multipath progression systems, incredibly complicated interactions, and huge diversity of things to do.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84186.0

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2016, 05:01:43 pm »

I don't know if this is possible, perhaps with a lot of dfhackery, but I'd like to see a mod that introduces random vaults underground, similar to Angband I guess. I'm not sure what the logic would be or if you can iterate over all the tiles in dfhack, I guess something like:

* Find a cube of solid stone/unused stuff of a suitable dimension
* Hollow that out but put a layer of some indicative wall around it i.e. ancient crypt marble
* Stuff violent monsters in there, with a random decent/artifact weapon/armour

Ideally the miners would get a warning when they hit the border, "You've discovered a fell crypt underground!" etc. Guess they could be a pain if you discover a big vault interfering with your fortress design, maybe ensure they only exist below 'X' depth.

One I doubt is doable, but it'd be a cool feature of dfhack if you could swap out the current fortress 'matrix'/array with a different one i.e. you craft a silver and diamond portal that throws all of your dwarves into a custom Fortress that they have to escape from, but with loot at the end, and they're dropped back into the real one afterwards. Or maybe some reaction that triggers random explorations for loot a bit like probing out cosmic signatures in Eve.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2016, 06:03:11 pm »

There is one mod that I would immediately throw money at anybody who restarted it:

LFR by narhiril. Favorite mod I've played due to its multi-tier, multipath progression systems, incredibly complicated interactions, and huge diversity of things to do.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84186.0

I really want to and have for a while (it was the first mod I ever played for any reasonable period of time and basically the mod that got me into modding), but it feels disrespectful.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2016, 06:19:30 pm »

I'd like to second a 'please revive LFR'

If anyone can get in touch with Nahiril and see if she'd be okay with it, I'd love to see it come back.  It was one of my absolute favorite mods, and incredibly in-depth - made for a great pair with Direforged, also.

As far as other things I think would be fun - Spelunky content, or a yokai-flavored mod adding various bakemono, oni, and other weird Japanese folklore stuff would be cool.  I've also been considering attempting to adapt some stuff from Hawaiian/Polynesian myth, myself.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2016, 08:35:02 am »

I'd like to second a 'please revive LFR'

If anyone can get in touch with Nahiril and see if she'd be okay with it, I'd love to see it come back.  It was one of my absolute favorite mods, and incredibly in-depth - made for a great pair with Direforged, also.

As far as other things I think would be fun - Spelunky content, or a yokai-flavored mod adding various bakemono, oni, and other weird Japanese folklore stuff would be cool.  I've also been considering attempting to adapt some stuff from Hawaiian/Polynesian myth, myself.

There are a few Polynesian and a bunch of Japanese monsters in my Mythical Monsters mod, although some of the weirder ones don't really work under DF's mechanics.  Kappas are fun though.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:13 pm »

A mod that integrates the joints into the body structure, i.e. lower arm connects to elbow, which connects to upper arm, which connects to shoulder, which connects to upper body. If I understand correctly, and I probably don't, this will cause the joints to be counted as steps in armor coverage. I tried to do this myself, but it didn't work out.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6