Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 87943 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M4: Terror?
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2016, 10:59:29 pm »

Considering my nickname, I'd love for Sirus to go all desert-punky in style. Maybe a proper cowboy hat if such a thing is available.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 04:28:41 am »

Oh man I forgot I signed up for this, sorry for the lack of input xD

Anyways, the armor looks cool, would be even cooler in red. Also the nickname should be "Bullets", because I like bullets, a lot :D

And funfact, I was supposed to be named Adam, but my mother objected, so it's a wierd little coincidence that I'm Adam in the game now :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 08:18:51 am »

Another promotion? Woohoo!
Solace or volatile mix is a tough choice. As I took more grenades I'll probably take the mix. But if you deem solace more important I'd be more than happy with that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 08:43:24 am »

Another promotion? Woohoo!
Solace or volatile mix is a tough choice. As I took more grenades I'll probably take the mix. But if you deem solace more important I'd be more than happy with that.
In terms of how I'd use them, solace right now makes you an early psi-op (more gun, more close to team), volatile mix makes you a better grenadier (more explosions!)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:46:52 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 09:44:46 am »

James Snow, maybe ready for combat:

Bullets Jopax, now with more red and armor pattern:

Cowboy Sirus, now with Cowboy hat (well, boonie hat, but close enough) and more desert-punkness:

Everyone who can have an armor pattern now has one that matches their weapon. People who had no pattern now have hex, unless it looked bad like the psiblades' color&white, those are unchanged. Hard luck attitudes changed to normal attitudes. Feel free to suggest a different armor pattern if you've got an idea, or don't want one.
Spoiler: Pics (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2016, 09:51:54 am »

What is everyone's current relationship values?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2016, 10:05:15 am »

They love my sixpack, that's their relationship status.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2016, 10:06:23 am »

Around 30-ish personal. Some are higher (Caroline-Kaladin at 54), some are lower (Everyone only has a 4 with MEC buddy). Theres no valid bondmates yet, afaik.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2016, 10:47:55 am »

James looks good, thanks, I especially like his gun's pattern and coloring. Only change might be switching the darker red and white colors. Right now he looks a little weird with a white crotch.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:54:34 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2016, 10:53:14 am »

I love how my dude looks. I never really played around with armor patterns much, but that looks really nice.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

A new rumor appears, with grenade and ammo! Gotta establish contact first though. Also, supply drop.

Our first dark events aren't terrible, but then again, theres only two of them.
We've made contact with west asia, and europe's bonus is spy ring. Which is ok, but not nearly as nice as suit up. Lets go pick up our supplies, and then see what nice loot that rumor has.

It turns out to be a gas grenade and talon rounds. Could be better, could be worse. Next objective: Contact New India.

Avatar Progress is set to 30. This still leaves it in the background, but its not a major force for getting on with it too soon.

Guerrilla Ops time! A Scientist is a far more valuable reward right now than some intel, so we're going with this one.  Pies gets Haywire, Ann gets Long Watch, Athing gets Solace, Rince Storm gets Volatile Mix, and Kaladin gets Run & Gun. The MEC (which is now repaired) gets a Plated Vest to be +1 armor/+2 health tankier. Sniper Ann gets the Talon Rounds and the Sidearm Holster, Storm gets the gas grenade as their non-grenade slot grenade. Since Furtukan is out injured, I rearrange the squad to have more classes on screen at once.

Spoiler: Squad Loadout (click to show/hide)

Immediately spotting a turret (and then a second one): Not a great start. Also, Ann is indeed starting with three action points, sidearm holster seems to work.

Our friend has spotted some unfriends. A sectoid, an advent gunslinger, stun lancer, and assault. Advent Assaults are stun lancers with shotguns, who remember they have a gun too.

They didn't move where I expected, but still into a good spot for the gas grenade! Pies then knocks loot out of one on the overwatch, and Athing blows out the roof from under one of the turrets and damages the other.

Cypher had an 81(+10) Hack score. Cypher now has a 96(+10) hack score! Also, Sirus helps Snow destroy the remaining turret by stripping most of the health and another bit of armor off it.

MEC found some more unfriends! An officer, a stun lancer, another assault, and a breaker. Breakers are troopers who shred and pierce armor. Some micro missiles brings the pod down to an equal amount of health all around.

Squad Squadsight leads to amusing things, like hitting (with a crit) an officer from long range with a cannon, who apparently is flanked from this angle. Nice shooting, Jopax. Caroline soulfires the stun lancer, Pies hits the poisoned assault for chip damage on a miss, Urist hits (but doesn't kill) the other advent assault he had squadsight on for 2, and Storm adds another point to that, having also missed, but Snow...Snow has probably been watching Athing shoot. He completely overkills the assault with a 8 damage crit when it only had 1hp left, all the way from the roof the turrets were on.

Finally, Ann breaks the Breaker in two with a 9 damage crit from her place in a nearby tower.
Next turn, the mec runs into the gas cloud and picks up an advent lockbox and elerium core, and the poisoned assault dies from poison.

We appear to have attracted some more attention. Ann took half the sectoid soldier's health off despite the armor on an overwatch shot, and Kaladin does some solid damage with a grenade chucked over the train.

Also, thanks to Scamper Balanced, that lets Cypher decipher the workstation this turn, not next turn. Now he's got 109(+10) hack skill, but theres reinforcements coming right on top of our current enemies!

One less gunslinger, thanks to Cyborg 45.

*Blam!*
Stay on the other side of the train, advent scum!

Currently, we're mostly fighting normal troopers. Which is unfortunate for them: Our MEC blows some loot out of the Sectoid Soldier with its second micro missile volley, and takes out a weakened trooper as collateral damage. Kaladin takes out another trooer, Caroline takes out a third (and gets a promotion!), Ann snipes a fourth.

Storm grenades the Officer, followed by Sirus scoring a double kill, grenade style. The remaining loots are secured by the convenience of mission completion.

Spoiler: Mission End/Rewards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Looooot. (click to show/hide)

Promotions!: Lt. Pies, Sgt. Cyborg 45 (who gained Blast Padding via AWC, which confused the promotion that could also be blast padding), Lt. Jopax (AWC ability: Untouchable), Cpl. Snow (No longer shaken, too), Sgt. Fatima 'Flea' Ann (AWC ability: Deep Cover), Cpt. Caroline.

Plated Armor went down 2 days in speed thanks to our new scientist, 7 days left on it. I think Squad Cohesion's buff is getting added into the Hack Plus stuff somehow, because you're getting a lot more than 3 or 5 points per hack Urist...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I think Squad Cohesion's buff is getting added into the Hack Plus stuff somehow, because you're getting a lot more than 3 or 5 points per hack Urist...
It would appear as such, as those were both definitely +10 from the expected value. I'm don't know if this bothers me or not.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

If at all possible, I would like to claim the MEC by calling it Big Bird. Make it Bright Yellow and expendable!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

If at all possible, I would like to claim the MEC by calling it Big Bird. Make it Bright Yellow and expendable!
It is currently Green/black, and has 3 armor and 66% explosion protection. You're more likely to get the former than the latter result. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

On that note btw i forgot to ask earlier, i would like some pants if possible :P
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22