Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 89411 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M10: Gauss Rifles: Good.
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2016, 09:27:28 pm »

Exo suit grenadier, gotcha ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2016, 09:28:53 pm »

YESSSSSSSS.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2016, 10:36:20 pm »

Honestly, I've never built the Spider suits in the two campaigns I've run, I have preferred to have access to the extra firepower of the EXO, moar dakka as they are wont to chant.  And FWIW, bluescreen imposes a malus on robots to all hacking attempts, might make it a bit easier all round to try to grab some robo-buds.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2016, 11:32:10 pm »

I use the spider suits for one thing, and only the snipers really make use of it: Grappling hook. In good situations, that lets me easily grapple up there and rain down extended mag killzone, or serial. Theres some damn good reason my lead man in the previous campaign was a lightning hands serial sniper.

Everyone else gets an exo suit unless they have two useful items, like whoever wields the skulljack. Rockets are, after all, much more useful (and easier to aim) than thrown grenades at causing explosions and mayhem on your enemies. (and if a particular mod was fixed, they would be dual utility exo suits, for maximum dakkas! But its not, last I checked. We'll make due with extra grenade launchers due to junkrat soldiers instead)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:37:44 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2016, 02:03:47 am »

I will have Maximum DakkaSplosion, please.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2016, 12:56:00 pm »

Athing (with an awesome AWC ability in Shredder!)

What does this exactly mean? Is it just shredder with slightly better stats or a new shedder-esque ability?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:50 pm »

It means you got shredder as an awc ability, and that I think it is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Two advent lockboxes later, we have our new (in about 6 days) squaddie, MAXIMUM DAKKASPLOSIONS. (well not in all caps, but it looks like its in all caps in the armory, hehe)

But theres also this. Theres datapads we can decrypt for intel, and this would take something like a week off the research time. I'd say its worth it. We can take a break on alien encryption to knock open one of those alien data caches.
We also have a rumor for reduce contact cost! Something that sounds awesome and certainly to get after I finish the relay, which happens less than a day later.

Reinforcements, got it. We'll get to that in a bit. Some time later, we get 71 intel from the alien data cache, and return to the alien encryption research.
A day later, Max is now a squaddie.

Oh fine, lets do this first then. To the proving grounds! Two exosuits built, them skullmining started. One for Max (they are after all, only a squaddie currently, with less health), and one for Caroline, our kinda-scout/mostly-psiblade. Max get the Liquid Explosives mod for his grenade launcher (more crit stats on grenades), along with an Adv. Stock and Adv. autoloader. Athing gets Untouchable, Kaos gets Fanfire, Pies gets Ever Vigilant, Ann gets DFA.

Spoiler: Squad Loadout (click to show/hide)

Time to find a train.

...eep.
That would be a pod made up of an Adv. Gunslinger, Advent Breacher (aggressive shieldbearer with a shotgun), a normal Shieldbearer, and a Muton Berserker Firestarter. Look at its health pool! Its gigantic and breathes fire. It doesn't need shielding to go with it, much less two shielders!

Looks like you're in for trial by fire, Maximum.

This. This I can deal with. its only...4 plasma weapons, and a Muton Pyro. Pyros get dragon rounds and unsurprisingly, set you on fire with them. To balance that out they have no grenade and can't counter-melee you. Kaos goes up into higher ground and spots an Advent Guardian as part of the firestarter pod, augh.
Guardians are defensively-minded, sniper-armed shieldbearers. Why is this map full of shieldbearers...

It appears the game meant it when it said this would be a difficult mission. Caroline is flanked and can't move without setting off the alert, and so is Kaos.

The more I play this campaign the more I appreciate the gas grenade. I didn't use it at all last time!

Those advent are probably dealt with, assuming the poison still does enough damage. For some reason, the pod didn't bother moving into cover. It would make it more difficult if they'd bother doing so.

Thankfully, the overwatch focuses entirely on the other pod. Sniper duo take out the muton pyro, and a couple others kill some but not all of the vipers. Kaos moves into better cover, shoots the firestarter with lightning hands (for a lovely 9 crit), and gets to use fanfire far earlier than I ever thought he would, because I'm not going to just leave those scamper balanced points in an overwatch with this sort of problem on our hands. There are 8 visible targets from his position. The firestarter pod are all guaranteed hits, since they are in no cover whatsoever and he's got lots of aim bonuses. Heck, he's even got a 55% crit chance for most of them!

Spoiler: :O (click to show/hide)
I may need to readjust my opinion on gunslingers with Mod Everything and Pistol Buff, once we get to plasma pistols. That is a hell of a lot of weakened enemy kills.

Kaos, I blame you not picking kill zone for this ridiculously good luck. I was expecting problems and viper dodging from that start!
Though the firestarter is still alive...Caroline dashes outside its immediate area and picks up some viper loot instead, 2 elerium cores and 2 alien strongboxes. Everyone else overwatches and hopes it doesn't rush at them.

...and for some reason it just stands there. Its took poison damage, its no longer poisoned, but really? No fire or painful melee?

Max somehow flings it into the side of the nearby building with a mag cannon shot. Ok.
Big Bird collects the rest of the loot: Advent lockbox x2, Alien strongbox, adv. autoloader, scope, corrosive shrapnel, adv. laser sight, adv. heavy elerium, repeater, blade flourish, PCS: adv. agility.

Did you know characters glow purple while fortress is active? It looks neat.

Urist finds a pod of advent. We're up to adv. troopers & officers proper now, and this group has a Sentinel. Sentinels are defensive, and have both Ever Vigilant and Guardian.

Can you pull off another impressive deadeye, Ann?

Awesome. You even got a crit!
Kaos misses his shot, but honestly? I'm pretty sure you can miss a shot, considering you killed 7 enemies in one action last turn. Maybe even two misses.

Critical Injury, by Big Flockin Bird.

Maximum Dakkasplosions, bringing the boom! (if only those supplies weren't in the way, there was a bigger potential boom!) Furtukan picks off the injured trooper with soulfire and Caroline halves the officer's hp. Urist just barely misses the kill, with 5 damage, which gives the kill to Pies' combat protocol. Athing climbs up next to Cypher to take a shot at the remaining trooper and similarly flubs with a 7.

I'll give this trooper credit, he was a brave hybrid person-thing, shooting our MEC instead of running into heavier cover.

But lets not push it too far, shall we?

Promotions: Cpl. Maximum, Colonel Min Ju 'Witchy' Caroline (Reaper for chain melee kills, or Null Lance for killing or severely wounding everything in a line from you, ignoring cover and armor?).
We now have all the advanced training GTS perks unlocked, they would cost about 1k supplies total, but let us train up rookies very high, fairly safely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Sweet. I'm not only useful, I blew stuff up and didn't die. That's a good XCOM day.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile

Something I just noticed now is that the alien base attack mission is called "Wolf Prince." Normally you would go up in the ranks of nobility for tougher battles, but I guess the Wolf King was a weaker ruler than the Wolf Prince.
Wasteland 1 & 2

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Fellowship of the crit it seems :D

Seriously, this seems like a cakewalk for the most part, when are people going to start dropping dead, that's when it gets interesting :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Fellowship of the crit it seems :D

Seriously, this seems like a cakewalk for the most part, when are people going to start dropping dead, that's when it gets interesting :D
At this point I'm thinking two seperate directions:
Route A: Drop to a max of 10 squad size, keep scamper balanced.
Route B: Drop scamper balanced, keep squad size.

We either have too many AP, or the bonus overwatch potential is too good for the pods to handle. Theres also the third option of 'both', but right now I think its just the two together making things too easy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:39:39 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile

We either have too many AP, or the bonus overwatch potential is too good for the pods to handle. Theres also the third option of 'both', but right now I think its just the two together making things too easy.

Even if just for the sake of more people's characters getting to show up on-screen, I would say route B would be the better option. Either way we need a few martyrs and/or people who get left behind.
Wasteland 1 & 2

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Even if just for the sake of more people's characters getting to show up on-screen, I would say route B would be the better option. Either way we need a few martyrs and/or people who get left behind.
Also gonna change back the health bonus to the default instead of the ini edit I added in originally from better armor stats, but not the armor levels. Its powered armor damnit, it should be armored. :)

Edit: Well, I left a little extra health in for the EXO/WAR suits. Otherwise the health bonus is now back to its normal, more deadly state.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:35:55 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

SHIT!  YEAH!  The groove has been fully engaged.  Glorious crits errywhere.  (Of course, it is all because of the Talon rounds, which the pistol uses as well).
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22