Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Community-Driven Mod Ideas for a Pokemon Mod Reboot?  (Read 22845 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community-Driven Mod Ideas for a Pokemon Mod Reboot?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2016, 02:01:52 pm »

There may be a way to do it. If you give the Pokemon [PET_EXOTIC], and the wagon puller tag, then only civilizations who come in contact with it often will use it. There's also an entity token that elves have that allow them to use exotic creatures without the limitations, but I can't remember what that is off the top of my head.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »

Here's whats done already for us:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll be editing this list, striking out names as I go through and revise the biomes, body, stats, etc... I'll also post the revised raws after a family line is done so I can just post the entire family line. Decided to crank this stuff out, so it's done. Yall should take a look <3

[PET_EXOTIC] on strange wagon pullers is the best idea imo. It would be kinda cool seeing one civ using something unique.

If anyone wants me to upload a zip file of all the raw files, let me know  :P

Current pastebin with revised raws only. Entire raw file.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:41:53 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »

Here's whats done already for us:
I'll be editing this list, striking out names as I go through and revise the biomes, body, stats, etc... I'll also post the revised raws after a family line is done so I can just post the entire family line. Decided to crank this stuff out, so it's done. Yall should take a look <3

[PET_EXOTIC] on strange wagon pullers is the best idea imo. It would be kinda cool seeing one civ using something unique.

If anyone wants me to upload a zip file of all the raw files, let me know  :P

Current pastebin with revised raws only. Entire raw file.

I can't believe slowpoketails were already implemented :0
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2016, 10:52:20 pm »

So I went back to check through the logs again and the reason I got that crash last time from Ponyta, I believe, was because there's issues connecting the body together.

The log:
Pretty sure my poor little Ponyta was nothing more than a heap of loose organs. You know, when you think of it, we all are o.O

Anyways, the raws:

Next I'll get started on a few more creatures, likely going down the Pokedex through gen 1. This would mean the Nidoran family comes next, followed by Clefairy/Clefable, Vulpix/Ninetails, and then Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff. After the comes Zubat/Golbat, which are already done.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2016, 11:55:46 pm »

Great job cranking those out so fast. Quite impressive.

One thing that just occurred to me is that with the upcoming fairy type Pokemon and the later dark/ghost type Pokemon, you could make good use of the [EVIL] and [GOOD] tokens.

Edit: Also what was the conclusion on how to handle Pokemon and humans? Is the game set up so humans exist and capture Pokemon with cage traps?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:10:13 am by Roboson »

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2016, 08:49:50 am »

One thing that just occurred to me is that with the upcoming fairy type Pokemon and the later dark/ghost type Pokemon, you could make good use of the [EVIL] and [GOOD] tokens.

Edit: Also what was the conclusion on how to handle Pokemon and humans? Is the game set up so humans exist and capture Pokemon with cage traps?

Having "evil" pokemon would go against the lore.  However, DF [EVIL] is more like extra \m/etal which would be fine. 

I was thinking that maybe you could make "Red" pokemon [GOOD] and "Blue" pokemon [EVIL] so that civs can only capture one or the other.  Which means that in order to get all of the pokemon, you'll have to ... get this ... trade for them

It sounded to me like the plan was to have a dwarven civilization raising pokemon, or make the pokemon files separate so that they can be added to vanilla or to any mod. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2016, 09:32:45 am »

Well I don't necessarily mean the pokemon are evil, I just meant the tags could be used to put ghost Pokemon in haunted areas.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:03:54 am by Roboson »

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2016, 11:55:57 am »

-snip-
Thank you! ;D

Well I don't necessarily mean the pokemon are evil, I just meant the tags could be used to put ghost Pokemon in haunted areas.
All [EVIL] does is
Quote from: DF Wiki
Creature is considered evil and will only show up in evil biomes. Civilizations with USE_EVIL_ANIMALS can domesticate them regardless of exotic status. Has no effect on cavern creatures except to restrict taming. A civilization with evil creatures can colonise evil areas.
So I think giving ghost/dark ones [EVIL] would actually work pretty well. We'll need Ace on the case to decide which ones to move out of their old biomes and become evil. Same with [GOOD], it does the same thing with good biomes. I think that's actually really fitting tbh, fairy types in good biomes, dark/ghost ones in evil. We probably don't want all the dark/ghost ones or fairy ones in the good/evil biomes, however. Especially the evil ones, which also work great for HFS (Houndoom anyone?)

As for the Civ stuff, lets just vote right now lol. Humans or dwarves? There's 4 of us (Roboson, AceSV, darkflagrance and myself) so that seems problematic. I could drop my vote seeing as it makes no difference to me really. If you guys would rather PM me your vote, go for it, otherwise just post it and once we're all done, we'll have an answer.

Lastly as for the mod structure, I'm trying not to touch any of the vanilla files. Personally, in my taste, I would like to delete the vanilla creatures except for any needed ones. I would much rather have just Pokemon around.

Oh and I made something fun if you guys want c:

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2016, 12:31:38 pm »

I'll cast my vote for dwarves. 

Redoing ghosts and fairies wouldn't be a big deal, that whole process went by very quickly.  Only thing is right now, Tropical Swamps have a lot of oogy boogy pokemon in them, so most of the rearranging would be focused on that biome. 

We should also decide if we really want to have each pokemon appear in only one biome, as I have it now, if something like a pidgey or ratatta should appear in any biome or if a few should appear in multiple biomes, like a Victreebel appearing in both forests and swamps. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »

I'll cast my vote for dwarves. 

Redoing ghosts and fairies wouldn't be a big deal, that whole process went by very quickly.  Only thing is right now, Tropical Swamps have a lot of oogy boogy pokemon in them, so most of the rearranging would be focused on that biome. 

We should also decide if we really want to have each pokemon appear in only one biome, as I have it now, if something like a pidgey or ratatta should appear in any biome or if a few should appear in multiple biomes, like a Victreebel appearing in both forests and swamps.
It's totally fine if you wanna do a few in multiple biomes, normal types seem like they would go in a lot of places, especially like ratatta or pidgey. I do definitely think that we should have some biome-exclusives for each biome though, so every place plays a little differently.

Oh also by the way guys, are we still doing the mystery dungeon civ, and the team-based civs?

Edit: Nidorans are coming great! Expect to see something later tonight :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:46:41 pm by Toxicshadow »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »

I'm not particular as to whether there's dwarves or humans. As long as it's not only mystery dungeon civ then i dont care how tall the trainers are  :P

As far as multiple biomes, I think that that makes sense. Like ekans, according to Bulbipedia, eats pidgeys. So ekans could be anywhere pidgey is. But also it could be in tropical locations that pidgey isn't in and just have a different food source.

Which brings up another question, are we making some pokemon with the [CARNIVORE] tag? Some pokemon are based on meat eaters and others (like ekans) are specifically mention eating other pokemon.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:26:46 pm by Roboson »

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »

-snip-
As far as multiple biomes, I think that that makes sense. Like ekans, according to Bulbipedia, eats pidgeys. So ekans could be anywhere pidgey is. But also it could be in tropical locations that pidgey isn't in and just have a different food source.

Which brings up another question, are we making some pokemon with the [CARNIVORE] tag? Some pokemon are based on meat eaters and others (like ekans) are specifically mention eating other pokemon.
Currently none of the Pokemon feature the [CARNIVORE] tag, however I think we could. It's been mentioned multiple times that Pokemon eat other Pokemon, and it honestly makes sense. I'm in favor of it.

I'm trying currently to figure out their system for the [PHYS_ATT_RANGE] tags, as each creature's phys att range tags have little marks next to them (-, =, +, ++, etc..) and Im not sure exactly what's what. I'd like to figure out how the different marks line up in relation to base value, and then the default values for the different marks in each category. That's honestly what's holding me up right now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2016, 05:54:15 pm »

-snip-

I'm trying currently to figure out their system for the [PHYS_ATT_RANGE] tags, as each creature's phys att range tags have little marks next to them (-, =, +, ++, etc..) and Im not sure exactly what's what. I'd like to figure out how the different marks line up in relation to base value, and then the default values for the different marks in each category. That's honestly what's holding me up right now.

Here's what the wiki says:

Quote from:  The wiki
Each attribute is a number between 0 and 5000, but in dwarven terms anything below 200 is rare [1] and anything above 2500 is extraordinary. In the default raws (/raw/objects/creature_standard.txt), dwarven attributes come in four levels.
Focus and Spatial Sense are referred to as "++", or two steps above default. Their range is defined as [700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500], which sets out six ranges: 700-1200, 1200-1400, etc. Dwarves have an equal chance of dropping into any of these ranges, and an equal probability again of getting any number in that range. So the bottom one-sixth of your dwarves will be really low, the top one-sixth really high, and the two-thirds in the middle huddled around average. This also means that the median and the mean are slightly different: the mean for ++ is 1516.66... while median is 1500.
Strength, Toughness, Analytical Ability, Creativity, Patience, and Memory are +, or one step above default. Their ranges are [450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250], and their mean is 1266.66...
Endurance, Disease Resistance, Recuperation, Intuition, Willpower, Kinesthetic Sense, Linguistic Ability, Musicality, Empathy, and Social Awareness are AVG, or the default. Their ranges are not specified in the raws, but they are [200:700:900:1000:1100:1300:2000] for Physical and [200:800:900:1000:1100:1300:2000] for Mental.
Agility is "-", the only attribute to be below default. Its ranges are [150:600:800:900:1000:1100:1500], mean 862.5, median 900.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »

That's interesting, I just took a look at the wiki and found this, in the same article:
The game comes pre-stocked with several sets of attribute ranges, some better than others. The signs that come after the numeral ranges indicate what level that range represents, but has no effect in of themselves.
0:0:0:0:0:0:0 unattainable
0:100:200:300:400:450:500 ---
0:400:600:750:800:900:1100 --
150:600:800:900:1000:1100:1500 -
450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250 +
700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500 ++
1250:1500:1750:2000:2500:3000:5000 +++
5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000 max

I took a look at any random creature and noticed that not only are they not using this scale but they're also different for each attribute. For example:
Code: [Select]
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:850:950:1000:1050:1100:1150:1250]              =
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:800:900:950:1000:1050:1100:1200]                -
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:650:750:800:850:900:950:1050]              -
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:ENDURANCE:700:800:850:900:950:1000:1100]             =
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:650:750:800:850:900:950:1050]         =
     [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:650:750:800:850:900:950:1050]
That was taken from Ekans' raws.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:13 pm »

That previous Pokemodders may have changed them in order to better reflect pokemon stats. Like ekans has good strength and agility there, but not very high toughness or recooperation.

Here are the ekans stats at lv 50 and level 100. They don't exactly line up with the stats you listed though. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9