Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Community-Driven Mod Ideas for a Pokemon Mod Reboot?  (Read 22956 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community-Driven Mod Ideas for a Pokemon Mod Reboot?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2016, 11:23:28 pm »

Gonna throw this out here for you guys: unless DF has changed since I was modding my Pokemon, you can't have a stone evolve a Pokemon that's already evolved once - at least not through typical transformations. A creature that's transformed is immune to further transformations. That's why all my Pokemon worked on a timer. This is how they worked.

They had an interaction they'd randomly activate while wandering around. It queued a transformation to happen after a certain number of turns and then another transformation to happen exactly 1 turn later. So the first transformation would happen, but the second wouldn't until the first wore off. It was queued up after the current transformation due to how transformations work. So when the first transformation wore off, the second and permanent one would take effect. That's why you can't use a Moon Stone evolve to a Nidorino that evolved from a Nidoran. The Nidoking transformation will just get queued up after the Nidorino one, which is presumably permanent, so the Nidorino transformation will prevent the Nidoking transformation from happening.

Just something to consider as you move forward.

That is true. The evolution stone thing wouldn't work on an already transformed pokemon. So in the case of the nidoran line it wouldn;t work. But it would work on things like eve and whatnot.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2016, 09:19:18 am »

Would that mean you can't change any pokemon into a stage 2 evolution? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2016, 09:56:49 am »

Personally, I wouldn't mind if my Dwarves could enjoy some juicy Tauros roasts.
But I suppose this isn't what this mod is going for.. Is it?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2016, 10:54:45 am »

Not at all. You just need the first transformation to wear off at the exact same frame that the second transformation - the permanent one - takes effect. I've had functioning evolving Pokemon in the past.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2016, 09:38:49 am »

i didn't read after the middle of page 3, but  i hadn't known that there already was a pokemon mod. in my pokemon mod i was going to make adventurers able to turn pokeballs into magic boulders that give them the ability to raise pokemon, also turning them into a pokeball(so you don't have a headless pikachu). personally my favorite pokemon for style is skarmory. in DF it would be like a steel armored kea!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »

Any updates?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2016, 08:35:41 am »

Not at all. You just need the first transformation to wear off at the exact same frame that the second transformation - the permanent one - takes effect. I've had functioning evolving Pokemon in the past.
yeah or you just make it genetic evolution where the child gets to evolve into the next pokevo chain while their parent stays in their second evolved state.
so pichu can turn into a pikachu but can't evolve into a raichu until pikachu gives birth to another pikachu who would be able to evolve into a raichu. but that kinda falls under pokemon breeding than training.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2016, 01:08:52 pm »

Could DFhack make it so when, for example, a raichu has a baby, the baby will automatically be a pichu?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2016, 05:29:43 pm »

Could DFhack make it so when, for example, a raichu has a baby, the baby will automatically be a pichu?

You could also make it so that the baby form is called a Pichu (or other base/baby form) and the adult form is the middle evolution, if applicable. Then only one transformation would be required to become an adult/final form permanently.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2016, 07:50:06 pm »

DFHack's trueTransform allows for multiple transformations over the life of a creature, if you're willing to use it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41:54 am »

DFHack's trueTransform allows for multiple transformations over the life of a creature, if you're willing to use it.
it was inevitable. well, seems like this mod is going to need dfhack
P.S. how do you  plan to deal with slowpoke evolving into slowbro using a shelder?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2016, 11:29:54 am »

it was inevitable. well, seems like this mod is going to need dfhack
P.S. how do you  plan to deal with slowpoke evolving into slowbro using a shelder?

Its only necessary if we want to implement evolution within the fortress mode. We could just make each pokemon separate castes with varying population ratios that wander into the fortress mode preevolved. OR we could make first evolution transformations cyclic. In that I mean that they have an end point, which only lasts for one or two ticks, and then restart. This would allow for a different transformation to take over. However, it would have the side effect of healing all injuries and scars on the transforming pokemon periodically.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2016, 11:12:14 am »

is anyone actually working on a pokemon mod right now?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2016, 11:29:16 am »

Having Pokemon fully heal whenever they evolve isn't too unrealistic, given their whole body shape changes.

If we do go for a samurai-esque human civ, it would be fairly easy to just make a few of them modeled after the themes of the Nobunagamon kingdoms - A Dragon kingdom, a Fire kingdom, and so on - with suitable biomes and such to encourage them to have appropriate Pokemon.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2016, 11:36:16 am »

If we do go for a samurai-esque human civ, it would be fairly easy to just make a few of them modeled after the themes of the Nobunagamon kingdoms - A Dragon kingdom, a Fire kingdom, and so on - with suitable biomes and such to encourage them to have appropriate Pokemon.
Give them the elf tag that allows them to tame all nearby creatures, and then they will have all the creatures in their biome(unfortunately, they'll also control all creatures in nearby biomes).
should all legendary and mythical pokemon be megabeasts? and which ones should have POWER? maybe all pokemon should have spheres so they get named by their abilities(charmanders named flamy flamerson of the faming flames).
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9