Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friendly Necromancer: Age problem  (Read 5028 times)

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendly Necromancer: Age problem
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »

In this world there was an eagle woman necromancer that was killed by a rampaging giant before she could leave to found a tower.

This happened in a small dwarven civilization. The queen consort happened to find the secret slab and read it (she's a Logician/Mathematician and Expert Reader)! I found her in adventure mode in the library with a few scholars. She didn't have the slab on or near her, but she's a friendly necromancer with no intention to leave and found a tower. She wrote several math books but didn't write about the secrets of life and death.

I would like to have her in my fortress, for !!SCIENCE!! As Queen consort she should arrive with the king.
She's immortal but her husband, the king is already ~ 158 years old. In Fort mode he dies after 3 years so there is no natural way to bring him to the fortress before someone else becomes king.

Does anyone know a way to prevent the king's death while he's not on the map?
Is it possible to use DFHack to save him in adventure mode? Rejuvenate Script?
I tried removing the MaxAge tag from the region dwarf raws but the wiki states that a dwarf's death moment is determined upon birth.
In migrant waves I only get void dwarves without history or family (though some of them have children while they're not married).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:35:23 am by Corthalas »

mek42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Necromancer: Age problem
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:00:01 pm »

I think this is the most interesting question I have seen here.  Ever.  I hope someone can help you with the experiment.  Maybe you could get the king turned into a vampire or something.
"Is that the game with the blinky characters and no pictures?  Maybe you do have Asperger's." - My wife after I mentioned my excitement over the elves bringing by caravan a whole bunch of wood after my deforestation project was neglected due to a near-tantrum spiral and total loss of my initial seven and a bunch of immigrants.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:04 pm »

rejuvenate sets both his age to 20 and sets his death date to 100 years hence. (in the future).

So he should be good to go for another 100+ years of frolicing with the undead. ;)

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:50 am »

Ptw!!!!!!!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 03:36:26 am »

rejuvenate sets both his age to 20 and sets his death date to 100 years hence. (in the future).

So he should be good to go for another 100+ years of frolicing with the undead. ;)
For some reason I decided to look at the script, and it doesn't seem to me it changes the birth year of anyone younger than 21, in which case the baby problem referenced in the description isn't addressed. Just removing the surrounding "if" check would affect those younger than 20 as well, but there's probably a reason the check was introduced.

Anyway, this is an interesting !!sicence!! project.

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 04:44:16 am »

I think this is the most interesting question I have seen here.  Ever.  I hope someone can help you with the experiment.  Maybe you could get the king turned into a vampire or something.

Thank you! I play for these interesting anomalies.

Thanks a lot for this script! I'm only starting to use DFHack. The king is still at the mountainhome far away from my fortress. For some reason, I don't have a cursor to select dwarfs in adventure mode? In dwarf mode I can click on units.
I would need a different way to select him.
make-monarch finds the old monarch historical figure to remove entity links - could I do something like that to get the specific unit to modify it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:09:29 am by Corthalas »

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 05:05:39 am »

Post to watch. This is intriguing.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 05:58:20 am »

I uploaded the untouched region here as there seems to be some interest ;)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 06:20:06 am »

why cant you powergrind a rich region for crafts and offer them to meet the reqs for monarch?

a jeweler, some crafters, minimal military, smoothers, some instant metal forging, etc.

Also considering 'altering' the value of certain things temporarily.  if soap from a native creature were suddenly worth its weight in mermaid tails . . .

3 years was well more than enough time to attract the monarch.  have the requirements change since 40.x?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:21:47 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 06:54:45 am »

why cant you powergrind a rich region for crafts and offer them to meet the reqs for monarch?

Actually now that you say it... I had assumed I had to have a duke before the monarch arrives but a baron is enough :)

The king is scheduled to die in Late Winter of 90 and I can start in Spring 88.
So I need a population of 20, have to create 100k wealth and to export 10k wealth with the first caravan (Autumn 88)
In the second year the outpost liaison will allow me to appoint a baron (Autumn 89). I need a population of 140 and the job requirements, 7.5k in offerings and 10k in architecture at this point.
Then the king will arrive in the next migrant wave, right? From Spring 90.

That could work.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 07:29:53 am »

I don't play adventure mode, but talking to the king might be a way for him to be "selected" to allow the script to do its thing? Someone who actually knows might be able to answer that.

Otherwise, power grinding might be able to do it, as large exports results in large migration interest. I'm not sure when a metropolis is recognized as such though. I suspect that happens on the turn of the year. If so, getting all conditions fulfilled in the second year sounds difficult, especially if the job fulfillment count starts only when the pop requirement has been reached (I don't know if that's the case).

I don't know if it helps, but changing the human caravan requirements (in entity_defaults.txt) to match those of elves (to get around the 0.42.05 export value bug) had the side effect of causing a human caravan to appear during the first summer, possibly allowing the second (and possibly even the first, if trade happens fast enough) migration wave to be larger than normal through export attraction.

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 07:46:25 am »

I don't know if it helps, but changing the human caravan requirements (in entity_defaults.txt) to match those of elves (to get around the 0.42.05 export value bug) had the side effect of causing a human caravan to appear during the first summer, possibly allowing the second (and possibly even the first, if trade happens fast enough) migration wave to be larger than normal through export attraction.

Good to know. One can also simply force migrant waves after the first wave with migrants-now script.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 09:31:17 am »

... Thanks a lot for this script! I'm only starting to use DFHack. The king is still at the mountainhome far away from my fortress. For some reason, I don't have a cursor to select dwarfs in adventure mode? In dwarf mode I can click on units.
I would need a different way to select him.
make-monarch finds the old monarch historical figure to remove entity links - could I do something like that to get the specific unit to modify it?
Ok, I misunderstood, I thought he was dying after he arrived, not before, so, I comprehend the conundrum, now.
It should be possible to review and change any/all dwarves that exist in the world.  Having said that, I haven't personally seen an interactive interface that offers this..  Obviously the monarch script does it in a non-interactive way because it's searching for a very specific single thing.
Let me see how hard it would be to do it by name (to narrow it down to a list of who to rejuvenate).  I'll do some testing today, no promises though. :)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 01:35:57 pm »

Ok, this should work.
If not, set the Debug flag to 1 and paste the output from dfhack into a reply here.
Usage is: just target a dwarf in the civ of the monarch in question, and then run the script in dfhack.  put the script into /hack/scripts/
I'm not certain this is going to work, I'm just setting the correct historical figure values and hoping it will work when that figure appears at the fortress. :)  Try it out, Corthalas, and let me know.  (Obviously, use a backup!)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »

use "l"(boy, I hope that's the look button) in adventure mode, put the cursor over the king, and press the letter before his name to see his inventory then use whatever dfhack script that needs targeting
that was an uncapitalized L button by the way
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: [1] 2