Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friendly Necromancer: Age problem  (Read 5078 times)

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Necromancer: Age problem
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »

Ok, this should work.
If not, set the Debug flag to 1 and paste the output from dfhack into a reply here.
Usage is: just target a dwarf in the civ of the monarch in question, and then run the script in dfhack.  put the script into /hack/scripts/
I'm not certain this is going to work, I'm just setting the correct historical figure values and hoping it will work when that figure appears at the fortress. :)  Try it out, Corthalas, and let me know.  (Obviously, use a backup!)

You are the hero we need, vjek!  :D
Thank you so much! That seems to have worked.

€dit: He was killed in a goblin siege, the mountainhome was lost :-\

The monarch spouse is the immortal one, it's just the king that dies, thus preventing any chance of the monarch spouse migrating to my fortress. So I only used the current_monarch you found out, here is the result:

Spoiler: rejuvenate-monarch.lua (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Debug result (click to show/hide)

Now it remains to be seen if the friendly necromancer arrives with the king and what she does.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:45:13 pm by Corthalas »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 03:34:31 pm »

It will be nice if it works, but there is possibility it is not necessary. In my world the spouses of dwarven rulers are scholars too, and they visit my fortress regularly. The wife of my king just visited me again, spouses of neighbouring monarchs (dwarven and human) also visit from time to time. I would expect the same in other worlds. Maybe if you have a really good library she will come before the king? Though of course having her as a citizen would be better.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 03:35:49 pm »

Wow, next time I'll try to read everything wrong...  :-\  Heheh.  At least you could bend it to your will.  Let us know how it works out for the lucky couple.

Corthalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »

So this goblin civilization had attacked my fortress earlier and then they must have come for the mountainhome after getting their asses kicked  >:(
I'll simply start over I guess. At least the king shouldn't die of natural causes :)

It will be nice if it works, but there is possibility it is not necessary. In my world the spouses of dwarven rulers are scholars too, and they visit my fortress regularly. The wife of my king just visited me again, spouses of neighbouring monarchs (dwarven and human) also visit from time to time. I would expect the same in other worlds. Maybe if you have a really good library she will come before the king? Though of course having her as a citizen would be better.

Interesting. I didn't have any visitors coming to my awesome tavern, temples and library... my scholars write one book after another, though.
My fortress is in the middle of the map and not near the mountainhome, maybe that is why? Also the world is quite young. I have all races as neighbors.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 05:00:31 pm »

Typical... give them more life, and they just die in battle!  :P

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »

Trying to save an immortals aging husband..... so romantic, although we have all seen the time machine, it doesn't work :(
Pages: 1 [2]