Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you enjoy playing dwarf fortress adventure mode ?  (Read 7202 times)

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you enjoy playing dwarf fortress adventure mode ?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »

Exploring is fun, but I would love to have more to do apart from combat, exploring and doing quests. I would love to do something I do in UnRealWorld - to be a simple farmer who has to fight for his survival - to have food on his table, firewood to stay warm and not freeze to death, skins to make clothes from. But I would also love to trade with nearby villages, so that what I do makes sense. I would love to feel that the extra food I produce would feed someone else, that my skins would decrease demand for them and people would actually wear them, that villagers would use items that I am making.

It is fun to play a blacksmith in Skyrim, but I've never felt that I am part of the world there. I would love to in DF.
I mean with modding it's possible to craft stuff or play a simple farmer. now it's even simpler to just role play a life of a peasant who write songs and dance... the extra food production possible too if you move yourself into a player fort where they appreciate.

But am I able to build a house now? That I would really love to do.
Yes, I'm gay.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: How do you enjoy playing dwarf fortress adventure mode ?
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »

Exploring is fun, but I would love to have more to do apart from combat, exploring and doing quests. I would love to do something I do in UnRealWorld - to be a simple farmer who has to fight for his survival - to have food on his table, firewood to stay warm and not freeze to death, skins to make clothes from. But I would also love to trade with nearby villages, so that what I do makes sense. I would love to feel that the extra food I produce would feed someone else, that my skins would decrease demand for them and people would actually wear them, that villagers would use items that I am making.

It is fun to play a blacksmith in Skyrim, but I've never felt that I am part of the world there. I would love to in DF.
I mean with modding it's possible to craft stuff or play a simple farmer. now it's even simpler to just role play a life of a peasant who write songs and dance... the extra food production possible too if you move yourself into a player fort where they appreciate.

But am I able to build a house now? That I would really love to do.

In the up and coming version 42.07 you will be able to.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 [2]