Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 25184 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Same deal, point at wall, say Word and Word.  If the room does anything threatening, book it down the stairs (but stay near them.)
(Thrakor Potential: 5+1)
Some smoke appears, but instead of being pale white, it is blue. The smoke gathers in front of the wall and takes the shape of a wide altar, two flat screens rising slightly out of the top surface of the altar at an angle, facing towards Thrakor and slightly towards eachother. Between them is a statue of a man with a great big beard, who's arms reach around the screens.
The smoke disipates, and the altar vanishes.
(Thrakor Potential: 3)
Thrakor blanks out. He has a vision of the last vestiges of reality disintegrating into nothingness, and wakes up in a cold sweat. One of the winged scales has moved closer, and has tilted a bit - nothing menacing, but a bit startling.

I have a hypothesis. Let's test it: Three word spell.
One word spell.

(Dr. Wilde Potential: 4+3)
Pale white smoke starts forming the shape of a sword, with a marvelous pomel, and a thin blade like a rapier. It flashes, and turns into metal; flashy iron, fresh from the forge. It doesn't seem like there's anything strange, until Daniel tries to pick it up. The blade ignites into flames, and goes out when he startles and drops it.
He picks it up again.
(Dr. Wilde Potential: 4+3)
Pale white smoke appears and takes a quadruped form. The shape yawns widely, revealing it's flattened teeth. It's large, even for a hippopotamous. But it disipates without issue.

!!Research!! 3 words, all separate. Use same, but not separate words At Kharizzard if he does suplex me.
Redz nervously watches as Khaziraad rushes past him, then says his words.
(Redz Potential: 4+1)
A lump of broken pottery appears, the smooth porcelain making a soft *clink* as it hits the stone floor.
(Redz Potential: 6+1)
Some pale white smoke appears and settles around Redz's finger in a ring shape, then disipates.
(Redz Potential: 5+1)
Redz feels the air behind him moving, like he created a gust of wind.

Point in stamina. If I can realistically get to the frozen room, go there and cool wrestle Robert down in the snow. If not, suplex Redz.
Move out of the way so I am not directly beneath the disturbance. Watch the stairs in the snow realm to see if anyone who isn't toaster is coming. If someone does, focus on them and cast the two-word jacket spell.

Words Pmed
(Khaziraad speed: 1+3)
(Robert speed: 4)
(Tiebreaker roll: 2vs4, Robert wins)
(Endurance vs Burning Thermite: 1+3-2)

Khaziraad comes charging up the stairs of the polar room, but Robert is ready for him. Meanwhile the superheated and enchanted thermite covering Khaziraad's body continues to blaze, and digs into his body.
(Torso burned)
(Robert Potential: 2+2)
(Robert Aim: 5)
(Khaziraad Dodge: 6+4-1)
Khaziraad dodges the pale white smoke, and behind him a jacket made of solid gold materializes and falls onto the ground. The dodge does result in him sticking his head into the snow, and some of the snow falls on his body, causing the thermite to sputter and send out plumes of steam, obscuring his vision badly.
(Stunned: -2 to dodge for 1 turn)

(Khaziraad aim: 3+1)
(Khaziraad strength: 6+4)
(Robert Dodge: 3+1)
(Robert Strength: 2-2)
Stumbling around, the reaction between snow and the smouldering thermite causing no small pain, Khaziraad still manages to find Robert in the snow and grab his face.
Robert tries to fight off Khaziraad, but he finds himself being overpowered and forced into the ground. He's buried halfway into the snow, but he avoids injury.

Screw it. Hype self up and jump to the closest bit of pumice between me and the downstairs. With luck the momentum might start it forwards.
(Corky Endurance: 4+2)
(Corky Aim: 3)
Corky leaps to the next platform, and skids forward towards the edge, but makes another leap and avoids being scorched. He lands right next to the stairs, and regains his balance.

Single word spell and a two word spell.
(Steve Potential: 6+1)
Steve's right foot tingles like it was on fire.
(Steve Potential: 4+1)
Pale white smoke appears and soaks into Steve's left hand. He feels something weird... With a flash, he is knocked backwards onto the ground screaming bloody murder!
His hand is gone, in it's place is a disturbing parody of a hand, made of cogs and wires and cloth, but the cogs are flesh, the wires are exposed nerves, and the cloth is skin. It vents steam as he stares at his hand, and the steam stinks of blood.

Grab that lump of flesh I summoned before and throw it at the thing John Smith just summoned. Failing that, throw plastic and slippery gold ingots instead. Observe the results.

Phrase No. 1, while pointing at the stairs (downwards, towards the portal room), and imagining a gold coating too slippery to climb on top of them.

Then phrase No. 2, while thinking about a robo-elephant. Command it to sit down in front of the stairs like a makeshift barricade.

Transcend perfection in guardhood keep defending.
So let's say a two word phrase, aimed at the wall.
(David speed: 3-1)
(Owain speed: 6)
(Johnsmith speed: 6+1)

(Johnsmith: 4)
Rainbow colored smoke appears, and with a flash materializes into a sheet of fiberglass. It falls to the ground, but it bends funny, like it's far too soft for fiberglass. It also looks like it's full of air bubbles, and made of low-quality fibers that are ripped and torn, which has lead to many cracks in the surface and even right through the fiberglass.
But, it seems to be growing. Like it's self replicating, damaged fiberglass. Johnsmith kicks it away before it starts expanding too much.

Owain starts posing, and screaming loudly, trying to become a better guard.

David throws the flesh lump at the black thing, which gives off some spores. It doesn't seem that interesting to beat on the thing, so he goes onto science.

(David Potential: 1+2)
Some pale white smoke appears, and starts to cover the stairwell, but when it flashes, it collapses into a bunch of fast gold ingots which slide down the stairs.

(David Potential: 6+2)
Blue smoke appears and expands into a large cloud, and flashes. With a loud trumpet, the robotic blue metal elephant appears and stomps around in a circle, trying to figure out how it got here.
(David Will: 4+2)
The elephant sits down beside Owain, stairing into the stairwell, it's glowing eyes casting a barcode-like effect onto the walls. It bends it's jointed trunk to scratch it's left sonic ear.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:55:51 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"That word... whoa. Might be interesting to use that on a person. Okay, I'm going to do some more science. By the way... what's our main long-term goal, really?"

Two words, said individually.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

"Win together. "
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Touch my attaker's face (or if that fails, then anywhere on their body), then try to perform the Midas touch by saying my word.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:48:54 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

"You shall not prevent me from using the cold of this place, foul mage. You shall perrish and freeze, so that your frozen corpse could stand forever as a monument of your folly."
Grab Robert's throat by one hand and then put the weight of my body on that hand. Use the other hand to punch Robert's teeth in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crap, not as planned. Two word spell and a single word spell.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run downstairs, charge at and bowl over the nearest group of contestants.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Check out the water, how high is water pressure there? Pleasant to dive in? Life forms visible?
Then the science: four one word spells.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

"Long-term goal? We'll see. Science, souls, or a larger alliance all seem good. Maybe a bit of all three."

Go away from everyone else for a moment and say 4-word spell. Imagine a Styrofoam ladle that turns anything in front of it into a broken mess of Styrofoam.

Observe the result, take it from the back end, and test it on some of the fast gold ingots we have lying around. If it works correctly, position it on the top step of the downwards stairs so that it effects anyone who comes up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:32:46 pm by Whisperling »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Hm.  No offense, Mr. Statue."

Word and then Word.  Point down the stairs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep on guarding feel free to do stuff that looks greatly amusing.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

More research needed. 2 separate Words.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting to make turn now.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Touch my attaker's face (or if that fails, then anywhere on their body), then try to perform the Midas touch by saying my word.
Grab Robert's throat by one hand and then put the weight of my body on that hand. Use the other hand to punch Robert's teeth in.
(Robert speed: 1)
(Khaziraad speed: 4+3)
(Khaziraad Thermite Endurance: 6+3-2)

(Khaziraad strength: 1+4)
(Robert Endurance: 2-1)
Khaziraad adjusts his grip from Robert's face to his neck, and presses down. Robert's face starts to go blue.
(Choking: Dies next turn if he can't get air)

(Khaziraad strength: 5+4)
(Robert Dodge: 3+1)
(Robert Endurance: 3-1)
Robert's disadvantageous position means that Khaziraad has an easy time punching him in the face, shutting up Robert and interupting his word!

Crap, not as planned. Two word spell and a single word spell.
(Steve Potential: 4+1)
Pale white smoke appears and soaks into Steve's mangled hand. It flashes, and Steve winces, but when he looks at his hand, it is no longer venting steam. All the leaks have been patched up, and many mechanical bits have been replaced with much more intricate mechanical bits. Though it remains largely mechanical and jointed, it is also more solid, and there are new parts, fluid filled bulbs of skin with a couple nerves inside that cause the hand to light up brightly in flouresent red and jellyfish pink.
(Neon left hand: +1 Aim, -1 Endurance, -1 Strength, light source), (No longer bleeding)

Thankful that the transformation didn't hurt as much as the first time, he says a word for science.
(Steve Potential: 5+1)
Pale white smoke appears and creates a small shape, like a really long centipede with dragonfly wings and mantis arms. The smoke disipates into nothing.

Check out the water, how high is water pressure there? Pleasant to dive in? Life forms visible?
Then the science: four one word spells.

Sticking a hand into the water, it's cool but not cold. It's pleasant enough, not very silty, and you don't feel uncomfortable in it. The pressure is slightly heavier than air, enough that you'd probably float in it, but not deep-ocean pressures.
You suppress a laugh as a clownfish swims up and sniffs at your fingers, tickling them, and you can see more fish further in, even an eel and a couple tiny reef sharks.

(Dr. Wilde Potential: 4+2)
Dr. Wilde feels a disturbance in the ground beneath him.

(Dr. Wilde Potential: 1+3)
Daniel falls into a trance, dreaming of the ancient streets of Victorian Londan in the days of steam powered mechanoids. He wakes up quickly.

(Dr. Wilde Potential: 2+2)
Again, Dr. Wilde falls into a trance, but he finds himself in a foggy graveyard, his flesh rotting, himself half-burried in a grave. His fellow ghouls are in various states of decay and climbing out of their graves. He wakes up and is relieved to find he's not a zombie.

(Dr. Wilde Potential: 2+3)
Daniel feels his skin toughen, for a moment, before it reverts to it's ordinary state.

Go away from everyone else for a moment and say 4-word spell. Imagine a Styrofoam ladle that turns anything in front of it into a broken mess of Styrofoam.

Observe the result, take it from the back end, and test it on some of the fast gold ingots we have lying around. If it works correctly, position it on the top step of the downwards stairs so that it effects anyone who comes up.

Keep on guarding feel free to do stuff that looks greatly amusing.
Two words, said individually.
Run downstairs, charge at and bowl over the nearest group of contestants.
(David speed: 5-1)
(Owain speed: 2)
(Johnsmith speed: 4+1)
(Corky speed: 3+2)
(Tiebreaker (Corky/John): 1v2)

(Johnsmith potential: 3)
Some rainbow smoke appears, and starts building up into a collumn. It forms a point at the top, and materializes fins to stand on, like a rocket. As it starts gaining more definition, an alcove appears in the surface of the rocket, with two computer monitors on the wall of the alcove. Within the alcove is some burning incsense, which you assume would smell nice if it weren't an illusion of magic, and an animatronic ape. There are also other animatronic apes clinging to the outside of the rocket, pounding their fists on the outside.
The smoke disipates into nothing.

(Johnsmith potential: 2+1)
The pale white smoke appears and flashes, and a small lump of some pale silvery metal materialized. It drops onto the ground while it smokes, and while it bends when it hits the ground like it was soft, it quickly changes color and gets more rigid, and starts spitting off sparks. Johnsmith kicks it away, and his shoe catches fire.

(Corky Strength: 6+2)
(Owain Strength: 4+2)
Corky heads down the stairs, and charges the group. Owain steps out to intercept, and tries to initiate a grapple. The two grab eachother's shoulders, and try to force eachother to the ground.
Neither are very succesful, but Owain finds himself being forced backwards.

(David Potential: 3+3)
The wall in front of David warps, and starts spitting out rainbow smoke. The smoke swirls around, and soaks back into the wall.
After a few seconds, a portion of the wall the size of a person but the shape of a ladel flashes, and a giant ladel big enough that you could sit in the bowl-part falls out of the wall. The wall itself starts to regenerate, but the empty space is full of blue smoke which shortly follows the styrofoam ladel and soaks into it.
The ladel briefly starts to make noises, like a confused british man, but flashes again, and the handle (which is as big across and David's head) starts glowing blue, while green lines trace along it's surface. The ladle wiggles a bit like it's trying to move on it's own, but doesn't succesfully do anything.

(David Strength: 1-1)
David can't pick up the ladel, and doesn't manage to push it anywhere. He does manage to break off a bit, and that bit stops glowing, but it doesn't budge.

He starts stacking fast gold ingots in, on, and around it, but it doesn't seem to be changing any of them into anything.

Word and then Word.  Point down the stairs.
(Thrakor Potential: 3+1)
Pale white smoke appears and forms wings. The shape flaps around in circles long enough before it disipates for you to identify it as a bat.

(Thrakor Potential: 5)
Thrakor falls asleep. In his dreams he's in a dimly lit arena, much unlike this one in the waking world, fog machines spewing artificial smoke everywhere, brightly colored foam walls and waist-high barricades hiding numerous gun-toting combatants behind them. Several rubber-tipped foam projectiles wiz by his head and he ducks behind cover, picking up some foam darts off the ground and loading them into his own weapon to fire back... He wakes up a little confused about what just happened.

More research needed. 2 separate Words.
(Redz Potential: 2+1)
Some pale white smoke pours onto the ground, and flashes into a puddle of clear shimmering liquid. The smell of it makes Redz a bit light headed.
(Redz Potential: 6+1)
Pale white smoke rises up and takes the shape of a large monitor lizard. It sticks it's tongue out at Redz and disipates.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:01:36 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"ALLIES A FOE HAS ARRIVED!
stop my heroic self from falling and heroically strike my foe in the jaw with my twitching sword hand!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18