Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Accessibility Utility v1.04  (Read 22973 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Accessibility Utility v1.03
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 10:29:17 pm »

Adventure Mode, I keep hearing about this thing.  :)

It was actually designed with Fort Mode in mind.  Would that markup actually work in a standard Lua print, or even some special script?  Current work-in-progress has a zillion calls to dfhack.color and dfhack.print
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Accessibility Utility v1.03
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 12:01:26 am »

Whoops!  s/adventure/fort/ then...

Currently the markup is dumped as raw text, but long-run plans are to have some basic interpretation of markup for the console; probably color for an easy subset, strip out the medium, and leave the hard to recognise.  This will be easier to motivate when (short term) we remove all "script -help" commands in favor of a proper integration with the core "help <command>" system.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Accessibility Utility v1.04
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 01:17:59 am »

Whoops!  s/adventure/fort/ then...

Currently the markup is dumped as raw text, but long-run plans are to have some basic interpretation of markup for the console; probably color for an easy subset, strip out the medium, and leave the hard to recognise.  This will be easier to motivate when (short term) we remove all "script -help" commands in favor of a proper integration with the core "help <command>" system.
In that case, I'll publish what I have and work on the markup for v1.05 as I have time.

Thanks for letting me know this is coming, PE!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Accessibility Utility v1.04
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 01:21:22 am »

Version 1.04 is here!

No functionality has changed, but I worked quite a bit on the documentation.  The goal is to make it so someone who happens upon the tool in an "ls" can figure out how to use it.

Hoping that next version I'll get it integrated with the core help system as well.
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 [2]