Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of (SG) Breaking the law  (Read 6259 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of(SG) In the army now.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 01:34:12 pm »

Outside in the muddy yard, you keep talking with your new friend Zinmegur.
He's a huge Salassi tribes man, nearly as tall your self but heavy set with a full belly.
Zinmegur wipes some of the stew from his long mustache.
"um this is the bit where we get told what we're doing, so try to look mean." he winks as he puffs his chest out.

A clerk starts calling for the assembled mercenary's to form lines according to there skills.
He takes you name and skills down and pass you a large bronze disc with a number on it.
"You with captain Cairist́ona, Keep that disc or you don't get paid, Next!"

There's more waiting until finally a dozen chariots clatter in the yard and you get to meet you're captain.

A woman in a vest of bronze scales steps off one of the chariots.
You immediately notice her long single braid of cinnamon hair and sky blue eyes.
With an angry look on her face she walks over to to you, with one hand on the hilt of her long sword and her armour rattling she approaches.

"YOU LOT LISTEN UP!!
I am Captain Cairist́ona, your under my command!
Now falling to line.
" she shouts over the chattering of the assembled mercenarys.

You soon find your self back on the road, marching eastwards, up in the wooded hills of the Cassiterides.

Finally when you can see the barren moorlands of Vaalbara in the distance, the march stops at a small tin mine.

Your Captain orders for you to:
A) Build a picket fence and guard the mine?
B) Get ready to Guard the ore shipment?
C) Get ready to march in to Vaalbara?
--------------

Spoiler: Bekir (you) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shyshel (companion) (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. In the army now
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 01:47:33 pm »

C, sounds the most exciting
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. In the army now
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

C
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. Scouts reporting
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »

C, sounds the most exciting

You march in to Vaalbara, across the barren moors and in to rugged valleys of Vaalbara.
For the first day, you across the empty wilderness of the boarder moors, there seem to be nothing, no roads, no crops nothing but sheep and rain.

It the second day, with the sun is high in sky when you reach the valleys of Vaalbara proper.
It's like nothing you have ever seen before, a dark primal mass of forest trees grow untouched by the axe or flame.

Faced with this Captain Cairist́ona give the order for riders to be sent out to scout the land ahead.
Among the riders is Shyshel, but you are left to dull tasks of setting camp.
It's later that night when you see your first Vaalbaran.

There's a low mist hanging on the ground as you return to the camp from relieving your self.
As you turn back to camp, you see him watching you.

He's small, almost like a child in size, with skin as pale as the moon, and hair black as midnight.
Naked but for a lion cloth and a belt of daggers around his waist, stares at you with hate filled eyes.
As you raise your axe, he disappears in to the tree line, darting from tree to tree as he fades away in the mist.

Scouting
At least the safely of the camp guards let you sleep some what soundly.
The dawn brings the return of the scouts and your first chance of plunder.

The first scout brings back new of some local strong man's house, a small wooden hold/ watch tower five miles to the north.
If the Vaalbarans have any thing worth taking there probably keeping it here.

The second scout is panicked and scared, he tells your of a large party of Vaalbarans, gathering by large menhir circle to east.
It's clearly the start of a war party.

Shyshel returns last, looking like she's been riding all night, she crams food in to her moth as gives her report.
She tell you  a some kind of temple built in to a natural cave system, to the west.
She swears that she saw one of priests wearing a strange face mask of gold during some kind of ritual.

1 Small wooden watch tower
2 Menhir circle War party
3 Cave Temple
-------------

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 04:20:30 pm »

2. The war party seems like the greatest danger, I'm eager to see how these Vaalbarans fight.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »

2. The war party seems like the greatest danger, I'm eager to see how these Vaalbarans fight.
+
Max avatar size is 80x80

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »

+
+

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »

With clear threat of the approaching war party Captain Cairist́ona leads you in to a bold attack.

In the drawn light you can see the Menhir's circle, the white stones shining in the sun as they stand alone on the hill top.

You move quietly, sneaking up the hill's wooded side, moving slowly through the undergrowth.
Every sound you make seems to echo, the squeaking of leather, jingling of chainmail it seems to be almost deafening.

All of a sudden a horn sound from the circle and drums beat as Vaalbarans rush to meet you.

You can see dozens of them, paint figures dashing down the hill to wards you, hurling javelins and wardarts as they come.
Ducking behind a friendly shield, you clutch your axe in both hands and wait for battle as your heart races in your chest.

"Forward! Attack!" Captain Cairist́ona shouts walking forwards as arrows skip off her scale vest.
As the missiles stop you dash forwards
you meet the first Vaalbaran with a sling of your axe, hacking through his arm and shield.
A javelins whistles past your shoulder as meet the next one.
A woman her naked body covered with strips of war-paint.
Her clumsy thrust miss and you smash the spear in half.
Before you can splinter her skull, she turns and flees from you.

With a wild shout, a large fat man runs at you, holding a great club, studded with crude spikes of bone.
Spit fly from his unkempt grey beard as he forces you back with wild swings that threat to knock from your feet.

The mercenary beside you is impaled by a blow as the spikes punchers in to his belly.
The club man flicks the mangled remains of the mercenary to the floor, but for an arrow dig is way in to his shoulder.

Another long deep blast from the horn sounds and wood splinters on steel as you clash bladed with him.
He raises his club up over his head and cheat, grabbing the handle and his throat with your power full arms.
You lean forwards forcing him to his knees an then backwards as you bend his spine back.
His eyes roll back and then you slam his head in the ground until it cracks.
You see that the Vaalbarans are move back in the trees, still hurling javelins and shouting as they retreat.

With the battle over fore now you get on with the task of looting as much wealth as you can...

You pocket afew of amulets of blue amber, semi-precious stones and carved ivory.
You sit by the smouldering remains of the Vaalbaran camp fire counting out your loot with your companions, when you get your next order...

A few miles to the north east is the house of some local strong man, a small wooden hold/ watch tower
If the Vaalbarans have any thing worth taking there probably keeping it here.

A days ride to the west is some kind of temple cave, apparently home to a priest in a gold face mask.

To the east is Cassiteride lands and safety.
To the west is a fleeing mob of Vaalbarans.
-------------

[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 05:09:40 pm »

North East.  To plunder!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 01:49:58 pm »

Shouldn't there be less than 17 other mercenaries in the Captain Cairist́ona forces spoiler? Didn't a mercenary get killed by the large fat man?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »

Shouldn't there be less than 17 other mercenaries in the Captain Cairist́ona forces spoiler? Didn't a mercenary get killed by the large fat man?
(Im forgetful at up dating the spoilers.)
North East.  To plunder!

It takes you a few hours to cross the wild untamed woodland and reach the reported watch tower.
In the low light of the setting sun, you see it, just like the scout said it's barely a building by any real sense of the word, just a mass of rough worked timber in the shape of tower.

A crude picket fence keeps the few goats and sheep from wandering away.
The fence falls before your axe and tower's door shatters under Zinmegur's hammer.

With the fortress broken, the mercenary rush in to tower in a storm of looting and pillaging.

In the rush to loot the place, you manage to find :
A new pair of mid calf length boots made from fine black leather to replace your own.
A pouch of full of hack silver, amber and Jewellery.

As the night close in you can hear distant drums and war horns mix in with the lamentation of women and crackling of the burning tower.

It's a few hours before dawn when a hand shakes awake.
Shyshel and Zinmegur stand over you both dressed and ready for travel.
"If we want to get that gold, we have to leave tonight, Cairist́ona is headed back to the Wolf Pillars with the men."

1) slip away in the night after the gold.
2) head back to the Wolf Pillars

-------------

[/quote]
[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2016, 12:44:54 am »

1. let's make some real money
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. Temple of Spiked Ones
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 03:49:12 pm »

1. let's make some real money

"They say that the god favour the bold and madmen for they entertain."
It's still dark when slip away westward in to the trees.

S sets a punishing pace and by noon the burnt remains of tower are far in distance.
Finally you crest a hill with the sun blazing above you as S halts the march
"There, in the rock" she points to a large rent in a distant cliff face.

After moveing closer, you can see a few figures in a clearing at the front of the cave.
There's seven of them, in all, six of them are clearly chosen warriors for there girdles are stuffed with daggers and savage bone spiked clubs are keep at hand.
Each one is pierced with dozens of pieces of long smooth bone, covering there body's like the quills of some monster.

But the seventh is different, she wear nothing, naked but a fur cloak and shining golden mask.

The mask, what a sight to be hold, it's a massive thing not only covering her face but dozens of long gold quills that hang from it, pokeing from her hair.

Such a treasure could make one a rich indeed, but to start need to take it.

"Such wealth and so few to guard it, we wait till nightfall before we move"
Zinmegur grasps his great war hammer in both his massive hands.

"To hell with that! we have to move now"
Saddle our horses! take it at sword point!
Now! Before any more come." Shyshel states firmly as she cocks her crossbow.

1) Wait till nightfall
2) Attack now
3) Some thing cleaver?

--------------

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. The Temple of Spiked Ones
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 06:18:29 pm »

3. Have Shysel attack them with her crossbow from one direction, drawing as many of them away as possible.  Zinmegur and Bekir can sneak from another direction and shaft them from behind. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) From an age undreamed of. The Temple of Spiked Ones
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2016, 06:48:17 am »

3. Have Shysel attack them with her crossbow from one direction, drawing as many of them away as possible.  Zinmegur and Bekir can sneak from another direction and shaft them from behind.

"No we have to get guards away from her, Shyselyou use your crossbow try to draw them away from the cave, tire them out.
Then we will attack from rear."
There nods of agreement from Shysel as she throws her cloak back, her horse snorts loudly and she's off.
You both rush thou the undergrowth, hurrying to get around behind priest and her guards.

Another loud snorts from Shysel's horse and bellowing shout let you know that's shes started her attack.
You run as intermittent thundering hoof beats and yells tell you of her every attack.

Suddenly Shysel screams and you burst out of the under growth as her horse trashes wildly in a heap.

You glance at a trio of the spiked club men are rushing toward Shysel as she staggers to her feet next to the fallen horse.

One of spike covered men stand by the priestess, the others lie bleeding as her feet.

You charge at the priestess, swinging your at her guard, he steps back before your axe cleaves in to head.

There's a resounding crack of bone as Zinmegur's hammer smashes in to the priestess chest, knocking her to the ground.

The guard takes a wild two handed swing at you, you drop under the spiked club and bring your axe up in to his groin.

The axeblade bites in deep as purple mass of his guts falls from his belly.
Neither of you stop to take the mask , instead you rush on to help Shysel.

You quickly close the distance on one of spike covered guards and painfully you tackle her to the ground.

Her body being pierce with hundreds of sharp bones give her a kinds of inhuman armour, and you land painfully on top of her the sharp bones prickling you.

She slams her fist at your shoulder as you grab her left arm, ignoring the pain get a strong grip as you twist it forcefully
until her elbow join snaps with a loud crack.
She squirms and rakes her arm down the side your neck, the spikes sawing open a jagged gash.

As she rakes at your neck, you jam a finger up her nose and pull it out savagely ripping her nostril open.
You raise your fist but the woman grabs your hand stopping you.
She try's to snap finger by bending it backward, but you stand back up and pull her up right.
With both hands you lift her up over your head and throw her back in to the ground.
You pick up your axe, as the woman just lies there, coughing up blood, her body pieced tru by the bones she wore.

A dirtier but unharmed Shysel walks over to you as Zinmegur removes the gold mask from it's former owner.

"This is solid, it must be worth a fortune." Zinmegur sates as he cut the mask free.
He gives, you the mask and a dozen quills of gold, there ends still coved in matted hair.

"How do we get to spend it? we're three days march from Cassiteride lands and safety.
My hose can't stand let alone carry me." Shysel points to the spiked club in her horses leg.

"We take turns and pray to what ever god you hold the horse are strong enough..." Shysel

For the next three days you take turns to sleep in saddle as you walk back towards the Cassiterides.
Every night you can hear the beat of war drums echo on the wind.

Finally as the last horse fall to the ground from exhaustion your back and safe.

"Well now we have a choice to make,
Now we could return to the Captain Cairist́ona, explain our absence and rejoin the army in time for what ever comes next."
"what and face that lot? not while i've gold to spend!" Zinmegur chuckles at the idea.
"Or we go get drunk.."
--------------

1) Rejoin the army.
2) Head to the nearest VILLAGE for drink and trade.
4) Head to the CITY for drink and trade, many more shops.

A NOTE ON TRADERS

To save me having to type up a massive list of most useless items and prices, just list the type of items your after, I.E. a helmet, some throwing weapons or horse armour.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4