Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Sh [SG] Post Game Writeup.  (Read 26135 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Sh [SG] Turn 7.2
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2016, 03:33:00 am »

No selling, on to the next week.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Sh [SG] Turn 7.2
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2016, 07:02:40 am »

The blade must always be sold for exactly 7 gold. Not that I believe that, it's probably just a dumb legend. Keep it though, if only as a nice symbol of our greatness.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh [SG] Turn 8
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

Keep it

Roger, keeping it.

Min Li is expecting you to appear this week.

The weather continues warm, and turns hot and dry, heralding the beginning of summer.

Your second week of training goes well, and you graduate from the introductory classes, and will move on to more dedicated practice and physical training at the dojo.  (Skill Gained: Weapon Handling I)  (Weapon skill jian now at +1/+1)

Your work goes fairly straightforward, with you delivering messages quickly, and once again finding yourself with extra free time.  (+1 silver, three actions available this turn)

... however, your luck is not shared by the rest of the city.

There is a large explosion in a grain warehouse in the merchant quarters, and fire quickly spreads through several dozen buildings.  Within a night and a day it is brought under control. but a large number of buildings are wholly or partially burnt down, and there are several dozen killed, with many more wounded.

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:09:55 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:26 am »

Go to Li, why not. Also investigate that explosion and fire, anything strange or suspicious about it, or just a regular accident?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »

See Li obviously. Future actions might depend on what we learn. I would quite like to get this show on the literal road as soon as possible, we are on a time limit after all.
The explosion is probably the opposite of our problem, I would prefer not to waste time investigating it that could be better spent meeting with nobles and preparing to SAVE the World.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:09:40 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:21 pm »

Request the GM show a +/- depending on whether it's an income or cost in the status.

Go to Min Li.

Also, what does +1/+1 mean in the Jian skill?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2016, 12:10:21 pm »

Attack/Defence.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »

Ahhh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2016, 05:59:27 pm »

Go to Min Li.

You visit Min Li as previously arranged.

Things are not the most entertaining, as she greets you, and sits you in a marked chair for twenty minutes.  After that, she then has you drink a small amount of water, followed by more waiting.

At the end of it, she thanks you for coming, and says that it will be one or two more visits, then she'll be satisfied documenting your case.

Two actions remain.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2016, 05:51:41 am »

Investigate that explosion and fire, anything strange or suspicious about it, or just a regular accident?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2016, 09:09:03 am »

Investigate that explosion and fire, anything strange or suspicious about it, or just a regular accident?
+1
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:55 am »

Meh, changes are that it was just accidental dust explosion. And it has nothing to do with us or our job. Nobody asked us to investigate is which means nobody is going to pay us for doing so.

I would much rather obtain map of the land and look out for rumors of strange occurances in far lands. Perhpas that leps us to narrow down the area our target resides. As in mark location of rumor origin into the map and the area with largest concentration is probably worth of attention. This will obviosly take more than one week.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh [SG] Turn 8.2
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2016, 08:25:32 pm »

+1

You poke around for some time in the rubble, and ask some questions.  You track it down to the second story of a small residential building, where it apparently started in that most mundane of ways, a charcoal fire starting from a cooking accident.  This is an all-too common tragedy, the kind that happens several times a year in every large city.

On the scene, there are a fair number of charred boards, with people poking through them, looking for stuff to recover or steal, or clearing up the debris before rebuilding.  You notice that you are drawing some attention, with your weapon, and there are a couple sketchy characters in the area.  As you watch, you see a man cut the purse of an onlooker and try to break away into the crowd..

Do you take action?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29