Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would be the most convenient release format for the LinuxDwarfPack?

Redhat RPM
Ubuntu SNAP
Debian DEB
Arch XZ
Docker
AppImage
Current tbz2
Other
Flatpak
Alpine

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r8 (with DFHack r8)  (Read 90028 times)

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack for DF 0.47.05 with DFHack r1
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2021, 05:55:28 pm »

Thanks

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2021, 11:08:04 pm »

https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/dist/ptrace_scope/README.md

This claims that the issue can be bypassed by running dwarf fortress as a child of dwarf therapist, if ptrace value is 1.  Could this option somehow be integrated into the launcher?

I don't know how to run either of the listed scripts, and the console command given under "Adding CAP_SYS_PTRACE capability" didn't produce the desired result.  I was able to affect the dwarf therapist file but still couldn't connect to a running fort.  I'm guessing because my ptrace is 1 and not 2, though "up to 2" implies it should work.  Changing the ptrace value directly does work.  I'm still worried about lowering the security on my system, however.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2021, 11:32:32 pm »

linux-dwarf-pack : Depends: qt5-default but it is not going to be installed
This line is the important one - the "you have held broken packages" line, on the other hand, can indicate a lot of things. Sometimes it indicates that you have an incompatible package installed that something else depends on. In this case, it might just indicate that you need to install qt5-default. It doesn't often indicate that the installed packages are corrupted - that is hard to detect.

"dpkg" is a very low-level package management tool. It typically installs just the package you specify, and packages typically don't bundle their own dependencies. What happens if you try installing with "apt" instead? This should pull in dependencies.
Code: [Select]
sudo apt install /path/to/pack.deb

If that gives you a similar error about qt5-default or another package, try installing that package with "apt install" and continue, or post any errors that that gives you.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2021, 03:07:25 am »

Broken package is more about broken dependency graph, than corrupted files. Some packages conflict with each other, everything that depends on the conflicting package cannot be installed. It usually does not happen with the main repository, but with manual tinkering or using bad quality third party repository, you can break your packages.

Code: [Select]
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Try "apt-mark showhold". Maybe you accidentally held one package, that creates the conflicts.

McArcady, is there a reason your package depends on development packages instead of the library ones?

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2021, 01:14:07 pm »

https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/dist/ptrace_scope/README.md
This claims that the issue can be bypassed by running dwarf fortress as a child of dwarf therapist, if ptrace value is 1.  Could this option somehow be integrated into the launcher?

Yes it has been integrated in the pack recently.
Do you have a github account? If so you may download a weekly build that includes the fix here.
It has been tested on Ubuntu only, tell me if it worked for you.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2021, 01:24:32 pm »

McArcady, is there a reason your package depends on development packages instead of the library ones?
Good catch, it's a mistake.
"libopenal-dev libsndfile-dev"  should probably be replaced with  "libopenal1 libsndfile1"

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2021, 03:26:32 pm »

qt5-default is a development package too.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2021, 03:47:28 pm »

Qt5 is a Dwarf Therapist thing. It looked to me, as a Linux noob, that maybe the tar.bz2 district was trying to run Dwarf Therapist from source. Maybe the developer kit version is needed for that?

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2021, 04:01:20 am »

Qt5 is a Dwarf Therapist thing. It looked to me, as a Linux noob, that maybe the tar.bz2 district was trying to run Dwarf Therapist from source. Maybe the developer kit version is needed for that?

No, DwarfTherapist is compiled, so the dev dependencies and qt5-default really were not necessary.

Time for a new release of the pack!
- now includes SoundSense-RS and the DFHack 'Kloker' plugin
- Debian/Ubuntu dependencies have been cleaned-up

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 06:22:18 am by McArcady »

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r2 (with DFHack r1)
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2021, 04:48:33 am »

Just installed the r2 .deb file in Ubuntu 21.04. Game seems to work fine, but the soundsense-rs won't accept a mouse click. Hovering over the menus displays them and moving the pointer over the items highlights them, but a mouse click does nothing.

I assume I have to grab a sound pack from somewhere? Does soundsense-rs grab it using the menu links, or should I download the sounds and put them in a folder?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:22:12 am by ronnietucker »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2021, 03:19:41 pm »

I assume I have to grab a sound pack from somewhere? Does soundsense-rs grab it using the menu links, or should I download the sounds and put them in a folder?
Does the menus work?
Menu 'Options' should send to you to the right place to download a sound pack. I'm using the one by jecowa, which rocks.
After download and unzipping, use 'Load > Load soundpack'.

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2021, 03:22:13 pm »

Does the menus work?
Menu 'Options' should send to you to the right place to download a sound pack. I'm using the one by jecowa, which rocks.
After download and unzipping, use 'Load > Load soundpack'.
I can hover over the Options menu to see the items, but clicking an item does nothing.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2021, 05:23:32 pm »

I can hover over the Options menu to see the items, but clicking an item does nothing.
Does it happen only for menu "Options"?
For instance, does "Options > About" open a window?
In that case, it may be that your the app fails to start the default browser when clicking on, for instance:  "Options > jecowa"

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2021, 05:27:06 pm »

Does it happen only for menu "Options"?
For instance, does "Options > About" open a window?
In that case, it may be that your the app fails to start the default browser when clicking on, for instance:  "Options > jecowa"

Clicking on any item does nothing.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2021, 06:09:32 pm »

21.04 makes me think of a possible Wayland issue - if you're running Wayland, are you able to try using Xorg too?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14