Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would be the most convenient release format for the LinuxDwarfPack?

Redhat RPM
Ubuntu SNAP
Debian DEB
Arch XZ
Docker
AppImage
Current tbz2
Other
Flatpak
Alpine

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r8 (with DFHack r8)  (Read 90596 times)

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r2 (with DFHack r1)
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2021, 03:53:59 am »

21.04 makes me think of a possible Wayland issue - if you're running Wayland, are you able to try using Xorg too?

I've tried logging in using Xorg and still can't click anything in soundsense-rs

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2021, 06:53:49 am »

I've tried logging in using Xorg and still can't click anything in soundsense-rs
Could you try launching SoundsenseRS outside of the LNP, from a terminal:
Code: [Select]
$ /opt/linux-dwarf-pack/soundsense-rs/soundsense-rs-v1.5.1-linux
Did the menu work? and are there any errors reported in the terminal?

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2021, 06:58:13 am »

Menu's still drop down when the pointer is over them, but clicking on, say, 'About' does nothing.
Nothing reported in the terminal. No errors. Nothing.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2021, 09:58:13 pm »

I'm trying to install this on Debian 10, but it keeps telling me I need openjdk-8-jre.

linux-dwarf-pack : Depends: openjdk-8-jre but it is not installable

As far as I know, openjdk 8 is gone (and, indeed, not installable). Is there a version of the dwarfpack that uses the current openjdk, or do I need to somehow convince this one that a newer openjdk is fine?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2021, 02:14:32 pm »

As far as I know, openjdk 8 is gone (and, indeed, not installable). Is there a version of the dwarfpack that uses the current openjdk, or do I need to somehow convince this one that a newer openjdk is fine?

Thanks for reporting. It's time indeed to let go of openjdk-8.
You should be able to force the install with:
dpkg --force-all -i linux-dwarf-pack_0.47.05-r2_amd64.deb
Alternatively, a nightly build with the fixed dependency will be available here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:19:35 pm by McArcady »

billyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2021, 08:47:55 pm »

Same issue here on Gentoo/Xmonad. Being Gentoo pretty much have latest versions of most packages - happy to provide more info in helpful. I saw on SoundSense-RS's github issues a similar problem that the dev says is related to webview/webviewx, but no idea if its the same. https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/issues/8
Menu's still drop down when the pointer is over them, but clicking on, say, 'About' does nothing.
Nothing reported in the terminal. No errors. Nothing.

billyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2021, 04:13:28 pm »

Just wanted to add to my previous post - the issue with soundsense-rs was solved by ensuring the channelSettings.xml file was present in the soundpack directory. Found this by chance by downloading and installing https://github.com/jecowa/soundsensepack which includes this file. The original soundpack did not have it.  Works as expected now!

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2021, 04:29:19 am »

Just wanted to add to my previous post - the issue with soundsense-rs was solved by ensuring the channelSettings.xml file was present in the soundpack directory. Found this by chance by downloading and installing https://github.com/jecowa/soundsensepack which includes this file. The original soundpack did not have it.  Works as expected now!

Cool! So where would I copy the channelSettings.xml file to?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2021, 07:20:24 pm »

This is a dumb question, but how do I download the nightly build? The .deb is listed in the artifacts, but I can't click on it.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2021, 10:38:42 pm »

This is a dumb question, but how do I download the nightly build? The .deb is listed in the artifacts, but I can't click on it.
You need to be signed in to GitHub.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2021, 07:38:37 pm »

Confirming that soundsense is currently also broken for me (Kubuntu 20.04). But it seems to be unrelated to the LNP, and a problem with soundsense itself. I downloaded their releases from github and tested versions 1.5.1, 1.4.4 and 1.3.4, all broken for me. It can load both the gamefile and soundpack directory, both with command line options and with the default folder, but it simply ignores all buttons on the gui. Hovering over "Load", "Settings" and "Options" it expands the menu, but the buttons do nothing. Also, changing the volume, clicking the pause/play, skip, etc, also do nothing. Going into the "Inspect Element" you can see all the ReferenceErrors.

Issue have already been reported on github (a couple months ago), with possible fix suggested and PR open (a couple days ago) but I believe the author hasn't been around for a bit.
 - https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/issues/19
 - https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/pull/21

If you want to use the tool, you can simply download the sounpack (https://github.com/jecowa/soundsensepack - download as zip), and unpack all the files into the soundsense folder inside a folder named soundpack, which is the default settings (If installed with the .deb, the folder would be "/home/USERNAME/.local/share/linux-dwarf-pack/soundsense-rs/soundpack". If the path does not exist, you can simply create the directories. I guess you could use the root installation folder too, but no sense in doing so). Hopefully the fix is merged soon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:47:40 pm by Podesta »

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2021, 04:29:24 am »

Confirming that soundsense is currently also broken for me (Kubuntu 20.04). But it seems to be unrelated to the LNP, and a problem with soundsense itself. I downloaded their releases from github and tested versions 1.5.1, 1.4.4 and 1.3.4, all broken for me. It can load both the gamefile and soundpack directory, both with command line options and with the default folder, but it simply ignores all buttons on the gui. Hovering over "Load", "Settings" and "Options" it expands the menu, but the buttons do nothing. Also, changing the volume, clicking the pause/play, skip, etc, also do nothing. Going into the "Inspect Element" you can see all the ReferenceErrors.

Issue have already been reported on github (a couple months ago), with possible fix suggested and PR open (a couple days ago) but I believe the author hasn't been around for a bit.
 - https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/issues/19
 - https://github.com/prixt/soundsense-rs/pull/21

If you want to use the tool, you can simply download the sounpack (https://github.com/jecowa/soundsensepack - download as zip), and unpack all the files into the soundsense folder inside a folder named soundpack, which is the default settings (If installed with the .deb, the folder would be "/home/USERNAME/.local/share/linux-dwarf-pack/soundsense-rs/soundpack". If the path does not exist, you can simply create the directories. I guess you could use the root installation folder too, but no sense in doing so). Hopefully the fix is merged soon.

Yep. Manually downloading and adding the soundpack worked a treat. Thanks for that!

I had to create the /soundsense-rs and /soundpack folders myself.

psychowico

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2021, 01:11:39 am »

Hi. It is expected that everytime I changing "Graphics", the "Print mode" change automatically to "2D" instead of "TBWT" ?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2021, 11:42:15 am »

Is there a refreshier way to refresh the tileset folders? I'm using a wip tileset and I've changed the actual png, but the changes aren't showing up in-game, even on a new save file. Tilesets I've removed from the folder are also still showing up in LNP's list, too.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2021, 08:24:34 am »

I got soundsense to work by manually downloading the pack, but the volume settings don't work, actually nothing in the GUI works at all, skipping, pausing, none of the menus (the menus show the options, but clicking them does nothing)

Is there a workaround?

I notice there's an "set current volumes as default" option, I imagine it creates some text configuration file somewhere, does anyone have this file to post as an example? that way I can create it myself and just set the volumes manually, I imagine it would at least load the settings on start

Not that big of a deal really, I can just just set the volume system wide for soundsense (otherwise it's really loud), but being able to manually set volumes for the different channels would be nice.

edit: tested the latest nightly (LinuxDwarfPack-4a71616.deb) and the GUI problem is fixed, volume sliders and the skip/pause buttons work as intended, though it's not creating the volume config file when you try to set the defaults, so whenever it starts it's always at maximum volume.

edit2: scratch that, it did create the files, under /home/user/.config/soundsense-rs, but it's not loading the settings

edit3: scratch that again again.... for whatever reason the "total" channel doesn't load it's setting from the file *shrugs*, but the rest of the channels do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:21:09 pm by onarum »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14