Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would be the most convenient release format for the LinuxDwarfPack?

Redhat RPM
Ubuntu SNAP
Debian DEB
Arch XZ
Docker
AppImage
Current tbz2
Other
Flatpak
Alpine

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r8 (with DFHack r8)  (Read 90016 times)

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack for DF 0.47.04 with DFHack r4
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2021, 07:28:26 pm »

Oklat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2021, 03:12:54 am »

LinuxDwarfPack 0.47.04-r5:

Supports Dwarf Fortress release 0.47.04 with DFHack r4 - download the pack here:

Pack includes:
  • DwarfFortress with DFHack & TWBT
  • full DFGraphics tilesets
  • keybinds, tilesets and embark profiles from the original LNP
  • Dwarf Therapist
  • Legends Browser
  • Announcement Window

Hi
why it doesn't have soundsense ?? It adds so much to the game !
does anyone one knows how to install soundsense with this ?? or does anyone knows a Better LNP-DF for linux/Ubuntu ??? i would be glad if someone would help me :)[/list]

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2021, 03:04:01 pm »

Well, the LinuxDwarfPack is meant to stay slim and simple, centered around DF, DFHack and TwbT. We won't embark all the mods and tools available.
What would be nice however, is that one of the versions of Soundsense (there are at least 3) would be made available as a stand-alone app so that you can install and start it independently from the LinuxDwarfPack. Maybe you could ask their maintainers what is possible?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:00:22 pm by McArcady »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2021, 04:58:20 am »

What would be nice however, is that one of the versions of Soundsense (there are at least 3) would be made available as a stand-alone app so that you can install and start it independently from the LinuxDwarfPack. Maybe you could ask their maintainers what is possible on this side?

I've been using the one from here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174585.0 and it works just like that.  :)  The heavy part is the soundsense pack https://github.com/jecowa/soundsensepack/releases/tag/2.33 that is, the actual sound media, but they all need that.

uioped1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack for DF 0.47.04 with DFHack r5
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2021, 01:14:44 pm »

Thanks for creating this package!
I'm enjoying the yak shaving involved in my recent switch to linux. (ubuntu 20.04)

A couple of items I've noticed working through getting this set up:
First off, additional dependencies:
Dwarf Therapist has an additional dependency on libqt5qml5
AnnouncementWindow has a dependency on python3-pil.imagetk
I can submit pullrequests for those if you like.

Other issues: The announcement window utility causes an error in dbus_send on launch due to invalid parameters.  I _think_ that's a bug in their app, but thought I'd mention it since I haven't looked into it at all.
strangely, I've also had the same error once when announcement window was not running...

Dwarf Therapist also has a known issue on distros with ptrace protection (e.g. ubuntu)  -- resolving that seems to conflict with the approach you're taking to run the app from within a temp sandbox. 
I assume that it's working for other people, but I have not been able to get it to work.  I have been able to get it to work without the --portable option by running it directly from /opt/bin and redirecting the log to my user folder, after I disabled ptrace on the executable. sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep dwarftherapist

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2021, 02:10:00 pm »

Dwarf Therapist also has a known issue on distros with ptrace protection (e.g. ubuntu)  -- resolving that seems to conflict with the approach you're taking to run the app from within a temp sandbox. 
I assume that it's working for other people, but I have not been able to get it to work.  I have been able to get it to work without the --portable option by running it directly from /opt/bin and redirecting the log to my user folder, after I disabled ptrace on the executable. sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep dwarftherapist

If you don't want to give extra permissions to Dwarf Therapist, you can lower the security of DF executable alone using PR_SET_PTRACER (prctl), I do it by preloading a small library (see my script). As long as you don't store sensitive information in your DF saves, it should not be a problem if DF is ptraceable (actually even if it was not ptraceable, an attacker could still read the saves, they are not encrypted).

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2021, 04:29:01 pm »

Thanks for reporting the missing dependencies.

Indeed the sandbox is mounted with 'unionfs', which seems to not support extended attributes. So executables appear to have no capabilities from the inside.
At startup, the pack script tries to read and change capabilities of bin/dwarftherapist using getcap/setcap, but it fails:
Code: [Select]
Failed to get capabilities of file `bin/dwarftherapist' (Operation not supported)As an alternative, 'mergerfs' seems to support extended attributes, but not copy-on-write :-(
Remains the solution by Clément.

uioped1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2021, 06:58:38 pm »

Thanks Clément.

One addendum:  the AnnouncementWindow launcher script seemingly needs t be changed to use python3  once that was fixed I stopped getting the dbus error.

Oklat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2021, 03:52:30 am »

Well, the LinuxDwarfPack is meant to stay slim and simple, centered around DF, DFHack and TwbT. We won't embark all the mods and tools available.
What would be nice however, is that one of the versions of Soundsense (there are at least 3) would be made available as a stand-alone app so that you can install and start it independently from the LinuxDwarfPack. Maybe you could ask their maintainers what is possible?

Thx for replying , (sorry i just saw it today)
i used the lnp-forge that YOU (THANK YOU SO MUCH) created to install custom mods & tools . now i have the Linux-Dwarf-Pack with soundsense .
BTW anyone who has problems with Dwarf therapist :
check out this post on github : https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/dist/ptrace_scope/README.md

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2021, 04:53:44 pm »

New build with DFHack-r1.
Arch package is available once again!
https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge/actions/runs/630383253

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2021, 06:07:28 pm »

New build with DFHack-r1.
Arch package is available once again!
https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge/actions/runs/630383253

The new thread title isn't quite right: I think you want "LinuxDwarfPack for DF 0.47.05 with DFHack r1"

Edit: also, people can't download anything from that link without logging in to GitHub, so you'll probably want to publish a release to https://github.com/McArcady/lnp-forge/releases as well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:09:02 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2021, 01:47:28 am »

The new thread title isn't quite right: I think you want "LinuxDwarfPack for DF 0.47.05 with DFHack r1"
Thanks for noticing! I will push a copy on dffd and update the thread ASAP

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2021, 06:42:45 am »

Tentative fix for the LinuxDwarfPack, that makes the DF binary ptraceable from within the sandbox (thanks to Clément for the PRELOAD'ed library script).
It should fix the problem with DwarfTherapist on distros with memory protection, without disabling the protection globally.

I'm looking for Ubuntu users to test it!
No need to reinstall the current version of the LinuxDwarfPack, it may be tested by:
- downloading the Appimage version built on the patch branch (requires a github account)
- setting executable permissions and run:
$ chmod +x ~/Downloads/Dwarf_Fortress-0.47.04-r5-x86_64.AppImage
$ ~/Downloads/Dwarf_Fortress-0.47.04-r5-x86_64.AppImage
- then start DF, load a game and start the DT provided in the pack

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2021, 02:11:54 pm »

Tentative fix for the LinuxDwarfPack, that makes the DF binary ptraceable from within the sandbox (thanks to Clément for the PRELOAD'ed library script).
It should fix the problem with DwarfTherapist on distros with memory protection, without disabling the protection globally.

I'm looking for Ubuntu users to test it!
No need to reinstall the current version of the LinuxDwarfPack, it may be tested by:
- downloading the Appimage version built on the patch branch (requires a github account)
- setting executable permissions and run:
$ chmod +x ~/Downloads/Dwarf_Fortress-0.47.04-r5-x86_64.AppImage
$ ~/Downloads/Dwarf_Fortress-0.47.04-r5-x86_64.AppImage
- then start DF, load a game and start the DT provided in the pack

Yep. Works a treat for me in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Any chance of adding SoundSense to the pack? Just wondering.  :)

Oh, and using the Legends Viewer didn't do anything.

Can also confirm that subsequently uninstalling the DEB will screw things up. My bad.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:18:15 pm by ronnietucker »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2021, 03:14:15 pm »

Yep. Works a treat for me in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Any chance of adding SoundSense to the pack? Just wondering.  :)
Oh, and using the Legends Viewer didn't do anything.
Can also confirm that subsequently uninstalling the DEB will screw things up. My bad.  ::)
Thanks for the test!
And yes SoundSense-RS will be included in the next pack.  :)

What exactly went wrong with Legends Browser? does it also happen with the .deb version?
If that is the case, could you try launching the pack from a terminal with:
$ /opt/linux-dwarf-pack/linux-dwarf-pack.sh
then try launching Legends Browser from the LNP interface and send me the log of the terminal.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:17:46 pm by McArcady »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14