Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would be the most convenient release format for the LinuxDwarfPack?

Redhat RPM
Ubuntu SNAP
Debian DEB
Arch XZ
Docker
AppImage
Current tbz2
Other
Flatpak
Alpine

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r8 (with DFHack r8)  (Read 90025 times)

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r2 (with DFHack r1)
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2021, 04:30:56 pm »

I got soundsense to work by manually downloading the pack, but the volume settings don't work, actually nothing in the GUI works at all, skipping, pausing, none of the menus (the menus show the options, but clicking them does nothing)

Thanks to DHMike57, the pack now includes a patched version of SoundSense-RS. Not sure that it solves all your problems, but you may give it a try with one of the builds here (requires a github account).

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2021, 12:56:52 pm »

I got soundsense to work by manually downloading the pack, but the volume settings don't work, actually nothing in the GUI works at all, skipping, pausing, none of the menus (the menus show the options, but clicking them does nothing)

Thanks to DHMike57, the pack now includes a patched version of SoundSense-RS. Not sure that it solves all your problems, but you may give it a try with one of the builds here (requires a github account).

It does! now the GUI works, the volume sliders, the skip/pause buttons and everything

The only weird thing is that when you save volume levels as default, for whatever reason, the "total" channel doesn't load it's setting from the file, the rest of the channels do though, but that's a minor issue.

ronnietucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2021, 01:12:31 pm »

Can confirm that Soundsense now works as expected in Ubuntu 21.04.

For others coming from r2: requires installing openjre.

LoneIgadzra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r3 (with DFHack r3)
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2021, 12:54:34 pm »

Does anybody have a working setting for the "Configure terminal" window? I am on Pop OS, which is basically Ubuntu. Everything I have tried just errors out:

1. /usr/bin/xterm
2. /usr/bin/gnome-terminal

I'm at a loss.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2021, 04:28:32 pm »

Does anybody have a working setting for the "Configure terminal" window? I am on Pop OS, which is basically Ubuntu.
Have you tried in: file > configure terminal
Code: [Select]
xterm -e $

erwin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2021, 09:46:45 am »

Hi. Tried your pack and it works, but I don't have any transparency in the game. How to fix it?

» uname -a                                     
Linux devent-X705UD 5.4.0-89-generic #100-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 24 14:50:10 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Resetting textures
TWBT: version 5.xx
TWBT: no display patch (not an error)
Cannot enable autonestbox without a world!
Map is not available!
Fixed feeding timers for 0 citizens.
unstuck 0 doors
World is not loaded: please load a game first.
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.47.05-r3 (release) on x86_64
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
Unit transparency enabled
Workshop transparency enabled
Forced redraw mode enabled
Autonestbox stopped.
Emptied 0 buckets.
Fat dwarves cured: 0
Lag sources: 0
unstuck 0 doors
Found and unstuck 0 construct building jobs.
Deterioration of old clothes commencing...
Deterioration of body parts commencing...
Deterioration of food commencing...
Attempting to load color palette file: "/data/save/region2/raw/colors_spring.txt"
mousequery: edge scrolling disabled
[DFHack]# twbt unit_transparency 1
Unit transparency enabled
[DFHack]#

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2021, 09:50:50 pm »

Hi. Tried your pack and it works, but I don't have any transparency in the game. How to fix it?

Make sure the graphics pack installed has the "TWBT" in parentheses, all packs have 2 entries in the launcher, like for instance you have Phoebus and Phoebus(TWBT).

Even if the one installed is the TWBT one, reinstall it, then make sure to click "Update savegames"

Also check if "TWBT" is selected as the printmode, given your log it seems it is, but just to be  sure.

erwin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2021, 11:16:59 am »

Make sure the graphics pack installed has the "TWBT" in parentheses, all packs have 2 entries in the launcher, like for instance you have Phoebus and Phoebus(TWBT).

Even if the one installed is the TWBT one, reinstall it, then make sure to click "Update savegames"

Also check if "TWBT" is selected as the printmode, given your log it seems it is, but just to be  sure.

Thank you. But it makes no difference. I changed a view tilesets with TWBT, all save folders were updated.

erwin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2021, 11:35:37 am »

Now it works. I see that multilevel 5 was set to 0. The black background around units also disappeared, don't know why.

Can it be that the dfhack init file in raw/onLoad_gfx_Vettlingr.init is not loaded?

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2021, 04:31:24 pm »

Now it works. I see that multilevel 5 was set to 0. The black background around units also disappeared, don't know why.

One thing to remember:
Always use the menu "Folders > Main Folder" to browse and access DFHack init files.
This points to a seemingly temporary directory in /tmp, but your modifications are transparently saved in your home folder at a safe location $XDG_DIR/linux-dwarf-pack (which usually resolves to: ~/.local/share/linux-dwarf-pack).
In any case do not edit the .init files in /opt/linux-dwarf-pack, or they will be overwritten at the next update.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 04:38:50 pm by McArcady »

erwin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2021, 02:02:45 am »

One thing to remember:
Always use the menu "Folders > Main Folder" to browse and access DFHack init files.
This points to a seemingly temporary directory in /tmp, but your modifications are transparently saved in your home folder at a safe location $XDG_DIR/linux-dwarf-pack (which usually resolves to: ~/.local/share/linux-dwarf-pack).
In any case do not edit the .init files in /opt/linux-dwarf-pack, or they will be overwritten at the next update.

Because I modded the game, I copied the LNP directory to my home and start LNP directly.

Does it really help with load/save time to have it in the /tmp directory? I have a hybrid hard drive (SSD+HDD).

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2021, 04:37:06 pm »

Does it really help with load/save time to have it in the /tmp directory? I have a hybrid hard drive (SSD+HDD).
It was not meant for performance, but to keep the game saves and configuration separate from the binaries.
By default, the pack installs itself in /opt/linux-dwarf-pack, but the directory for configuration and data files is in the user's home. At startup, both directories are 'merged' in a temporary location in /tmp/lnp-..., which is deleted when the LNP is closed.

Reititin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2021, 02:18:48 pm »

Hello, and thanks for maintaining this package!

I keep getting this unfortunate error.

Here's the temp directory if it helps. I'm baffled how the installation directory is not found.

I've traced the relevant code here, but I can't think of anything actionable based on it
https://github.com/Pidgeot/python-lnp/blob/master/core/df.py#L20

E: I already did try rm -rf * and reinstall
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 02:21:14 pm by Reititin »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2022, 06:10:30 pm »

Hello, and thanks for maintaining this package!
I keep getting this unfortunate error.

E: I already did try rm -rf * and reinstall

Thanks for reporting this error.
What distro do you use and how did you install the package? (rpm, deb, arch, ...)
After install, the package files shall be found in /opt/linux-dwarf-pack.
The error suggests that directory /opt/linux-dwarf-pack/df_47_05_linux was missing...
By any chance did you move/remove any files from this dir after install ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:11:50 am by McArcady »

Reititin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2022, 04:48:56 am »

Hi McArcady and thanks for getting back to me,

Here's tail /proc/version: Linux version 5.8.0-63-generic (buildd@lcy01-amd64-028) (gcc (Ubuntu 10.3.0-1ubuntu1~20.10) 10.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.35.1) #71-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 13 15:59:12 UTC 2021

Here's ls /opt/linux-dwarf-pack:

I first installed with AppImage. Everything worked great for a while. I have a tendency to generate a lot of worlds so I keep removing save files, which might be a cause for a human error problem here.
I just noticed /opt/linux-dwarf-pack/df_47_05_linux/data was missing dir save. Tried to create it, didn't fix the problem.

Anyway. AppImage I didn't know how to fix with that problem, so I went with .deb next. As an aside: I had problems with Java packages trying to come from a groovy repository (with missing release files or something or other), which took me a while to get sorted. I think it might have been my apt repositories that were the problem but if it's something that's fixable on your end, it'd be great. So anyways, .deb didn't fix it, I went to the Python code, couldn't think of anything out of it, came here to cry and set up my own install.

Now the thing is. It's clearly something I messed up but also something that reinstalls won't fix. I don't think I messed much with anything other than removing the saves but then again, missing files would probably be something a reinstall would have fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14