Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would be the most convenient release format for the LinuxDwarfPack?

Redhat RPM
Ubuntu SNAP
Debian DEB
Arch XZ
Docker
AppImage
Current tbz2
Other
Flatpak
Alpine

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r8 (with DFHack r8)  (Read 90009 times)

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r6 (with DFHack r6)
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2022, 12:52:05 pm »

That did the trick for starting the game, thanks! I used the installer. Now the only problem I still have is that I can't start the dwarf hack. I'm not sure what I have to put in the terminal configuration. I put "$"

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2022, 01:00:04 pm »

That did the trick for starting the game, thanks! I used the installer. Now the only problem I still have is that I can't start the dwarf hack. I'm not sure what I have to put in the terminal configuration. I put "$"
Great!
Try this:
Select "Custom command" then "x-terminal-emulator -e $"

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2022, 02:18:51 pm »

It says that the test failed and that I should see the log for details. I'm not sure where the log is placed.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2022, 03:47:46 pm »

It says that the test failed and that I should see the log for details. I'm not sure where the log is placed.
You may also try installing package 'xterm' and use this command in the terminal configuration:
"xterm -e $"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:51:19 pm by McArcady »

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2022, 08:53:37 pm »

It worked! Thanks mate! Very happy that this utility exists!

Sprinkles_Gs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2022, 02:14:33 pm »

Not sure if this is the right forum to discuss but would there be significant work to release a flatpak?
Unfortunately, you can't really use pacman on Steam OS (as the Steam deck will wipe anything you change when you update).
Is this something that a newb to linux could do?

I've tested this abandoned version link and it works a charm, but it would be nice to align to a proper project like this one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 02:16:05 pm by Sprinkles_Gs »

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2022, 05:19:42 pm »

I've tested this abandoned version link and it works a charm, but it would be nice to align to a proper project like this one.
Thanks for the link!
Too bad the author does not explain how the pack is built. It would be nice to look into that.
This AppImage of the LinuxDwarfPack has the same purpose, except that for now the dependencies have to be installed manually.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 06:43:48 am by McArcady »

nf_xp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2022, 11:23:37 pm »

Here is an up-to-date version: https://github.com/feng1st/dwarf-fortress-lnp-flatpak

To install:
wget https://github.com/feng1st/dwarf-fortress-lnp-flatpak/releases/download/v0.47.05-r7/com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.flatpak
flatpak install --user com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.flatpak

Usability of utilities:
Dwarf-Therapist works, Legends Browser 2 may work, other don't (due to the lack of some dependencies, which will bloat the flatpak so I didn't include them).

Not sure if this is the right forum to discuss but would there be significant work to release a flatpak?
Unfortunately, you can't really use pacman on Steam OS (as the Steam deck will wipe anything you change when you update).
Is this something that a newb to linux could do?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:34:21 pm by nf_xp »

nf_xp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2022, 11:30:50 pm »

How to build:
flatpak-builder --user --install --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml
or if you installed the flatpak version flatpak-builder:
flatpak run org.flatpak.Builder --user --install --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml

How to pack locally:
flatpak run org.flatpak.Builder --repo=repo --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml
flatpak build-bundle repo com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.flatpak com.bay12games.DwarfFortress

Those are in the build.sh script of https://github.com/feng1st/dwarf-fortress-lnp-flatpak.

Thanks for the link!
Too bad the author does not explain how the pack is built. It would be nice to look into that.
This AppImage of the LinuxDwarfPack has the same purpose, except that for now the dependencies have to be installed manually.

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2022, 07:55:32 am »

How to build:
flatpak-builder --user --install --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml
flatpak run org.flatpak.Builder --user --install --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml

How to pack locally:
flatpak run org.flatpak.Builder --repo=repo --force-clean build com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.yaml
flatpak build-bundle repo com.bay12games.DwarfFortress.flatpak com.bay12games.DwarfFortress

Those are in the build.sh script of https://github.com/feng1st/dwarf-fortress-lnp-flatpak.
Nice work! Thanks for sharing.
May I ask why you did choose the KDE runtime instead of FreeDesktop or GNOME ?
I tried changing the runtime but the build of SDL_ttf then fails (missing FreeType2 library).

nf_xp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2022, 11:37:05 pm »

How to build:

How to pack locally:

Nice work! Thanks for sharing.
May I ask why you did choose the KDE runtime instead of FreeDesktop or GNOME ?
I tried changing the runtime but the build of SDL_ttf then fails (missing FreeType2 library).
Dwarf Therapist is a Qt app, and the KDE runtime has Qt built-in.
I had also tried to build the flatpak based on freedesktop runtime, figured out how to install the qt as a module, but the result flatpak is up to about 900M which is too huge to dispatch or share.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 11:39:25 pm by nf_xp »

ChrysalisM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r7 (with DFHack r7)
« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2022, 01:20:10 am »

I'm trying to get this to work, but how the heck do I find my terminal name?

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05-r7 (with DFHack r7)
« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2022, 02:16:58 am »

google your desktop environment and append the word "terminal". I bet you'd get some good hits that way. Then just try the names you find online and see what runs on your system.

I'm running KDE, so my terminal is "konsole".
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]