Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134458 times)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06) - DON'T PANIC
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44:01 am »

I suspect that Senshuken has actually been dwarfed, but I have no idea what they are like or what they do...
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2016, 01:07:32 am »

Oh, don't worry. That event has only ever happened once throughout all the years I've played DF. What are the odds it could happen again?

About the same as someone reclaiming Battlefailed.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2016, 03:48:28 am »

Oh, don't worry. That event has only ever happened once throughout all the years I've played DF. What are the odds it could happen again?

I did that. At least got a stable bunker in there.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2016, 03:51:50 am »

I was mostly thinking about this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76193.0

Getting a bunker in Battlefailed is one thing. Actually gaining control of the fortress. Making the failcannon work ...

Well ... Yeah.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2016, 04:31:30 am »

I was mostly thinking about this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76193.0

Getting a bunker in Battlefailed is one thing. Actually gaining control of the fortress. Making the failcannon work ...

Well ... Yeah.

Well, I got a new hobby. Only problem is that it is full of undead....

EDIT: Anyone able to get hold of clear plans of the failcannon?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:33:21 am by Gwolfski »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2016, 04:44:08 am »

Well, I got a new hobby. Only problem is that it is full of undead....

EDIT: Anyone able to get hold of clear plans of the failcannon?

I actually managed to partially reclaim it by using the old age exploit to kill off the ghosts. I reclaimed most of upper failcannon and about half of the lower one but there was very little interest in the thread, and the FPS was pain.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2016, 05:57:57 am »

I think I'll go flood the whole thing. Most should drown, rest can be washed out. Rinse, repeat. Like cleaning a dirty pipe. Except with mobile, intelligent blockages.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2016, 09:14:04 am »

Other than Salo, everything can be atom smashed. 

That north passage has a 10x6 atom smasher that is already linked.  With 2 1x2 raising bridges air locks also; and doors and bait room. 
AFAIK, they are all links in the lever control room, with matching Notes on lever-bridge, and even Note color coordinated.

North, There is at least 1 Building Destroyer trap (for webbed) with built fortification and shutters. 
North, Two more FB traps were added, but incomplete I think.  It's a simple 1x2 raising bridge with 2 door baits.  It's simple and effective.

Too bad, the north surface was breached prior to completing this. 

Zombies can be herded when they find the path to live bait, and can be controlled/penned by merely forbidding doors before they control it.

There are similar 6x10 rooms on the east and west passages.

There should be at least 2 military training in order to handle the undead and butchering of animals inside; with the garbage chute used and reset and ready to go smash again.

Magma smelters and Magma forge should have happened sooner with all the hematite found.  Then Magma Glass Furnace to crank out trap components; Spiked Balls would be my choice.  Do they pulp?

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2016, 10:11:34 am »

Other than Salo, everything can be atom smashed. 

That north passage has a 10x6 atom smasher that is already linked.  With 2 1x2 raising bridges air locks also; and doors and bait room. 
AFAIK, they are all links in the lever control room, with matching Notes on lever-bridge, and even Note color coordinated.

North, There is at least 1 Building Destroyer trap (for webbed) with built fortification and shutters. 
North, Two more FB traps were added, but incomplete I think.  It's a simple 1x2 raising bridge with 2 door baits.  It's simple and effective.

Too bad, the north surface was breached prior to completing this. 

Zombies can be herded when they find the path to live bait, and can be controlled/penned by merely forbidding doors before they control it.

There are similar 6x10 rooms on the east and west passages.

There should be at least 2 military training in order to handle the undead and butchering of animals inside; with the garbage chute used and reset and ready to go smash again.

Magma smelters and Magma forge should have happened sooner with all the hematite found.  Then Magma Glass Furnace to crank out trap components; Spiked Balls would be my choice.  Do they pulp?

Would you consider the current situation salvageable?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:10 am »

Yeah, it's salvageable.

It just looks overwhelming when too large projects being done with so few citizens. 

Treat it as new embark, and focus on small projects to get some satisfaction from completing something.

Atom smasher hall help wipe lingering zombies / husks.

A 5z deep garbage (diagonal) dump (with atom smasher or 2/7 magma) is needed so you can pit undead without Urist from above seeing down below and freaking out.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2016, 11:26:27 am »

This is about battlefaile, right?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2016, 11:46:43 am »

You can't have a battle without an army.  Might as well call it Migrant Slaughter 2: Salo's Brunch.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2016, 12:24:31 pm »

So where is everyone? As in, on this board in general. Is everyone just busy this time of year? Or are people really starting to leave?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2016, 01:42:37 pm »

June is almost summer, end of school, probably finals, graduation, getting drunk, lack of sleep, lack of money

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »

NCommander AND The Master? Lots of old Deathgate names showing up all of a sudden. Maybe it's a sign...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52