Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134461 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06) - DON'T PANIC
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »

NCommander AND The Master? Lots of old Deathgate names showing up all of a sudden. Maybe it's a sign...

I feel like we should build a cannon that shoots demons. That should solve the husk problem.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Believe it or not, breaching hell might not be a bad plan. Can demons get husked? Let's find out in the worst way possible!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2016, 07:48:39 pm »

Believe it or not, breaching hell might not be a bad plan. Can demons get husked? Let's find out in the worst way possible!

They can't, or at least in 34.11 they couldn't. However, the clown car was smashed by the huskes in the !!science!! thread.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »

And we have a titan husk. Well, unleashing hell upon the world can't make things any worse, at least!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2016, 08:05:02 pm »

And we have a titan husk. Well, unleashing hell upon the world can't make things any worse, at least!

I actually was working on a fort about two years ago with a working hellcannon. You need an artifact hatch cover and door to make it work, but basically, you need to dig into the candy as a single tile starwell. The top needs to be a down stair only with the hatch cover, and the door goes at the end of the barrel. You open the hatch cover in pulses to release a few demons or two in the cannon barrel.

For testing, save scumming works miracles for getting exactly the artifact types you need. Just wait for a moody mason, or DFHack a mood.

The problem I ran into was getting to fly out with explosive force. I think a highly (i.e. 10z+) tall and big water tank might do it, but my small scale tests suggest demons are too big to be moved by pressure at all.

EDIT: it also only really works with the initial clown rush. The ones that roam in and out of hell use the wildlife AI, and tend to ignore anything not within 20 tiles of them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:07:30 pm by NCommander »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:28 pm »

The titan still destroys buildings, doesn't it? So do wild demons. Use artifact furniture to bring the two together!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2016, 08:20:10 pm »

The titan still destroys buildings, doesn't it? So do wild demons. Use artifact furniture to bring the two together!

Titans are the same as FB except they can be historical which is why slaying of ton of them causes an age change ("The World has passed into ..." message at year change)

The concept I was working on was to fire bait out into the open. I think I was planning on some sorta wardog drop delivery system, but I could have probably used caged elves left over from a seige.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2016, 11:44:28 pm »

...How would we get Salo into hell? Not only would we get rid of our titan husk problem but they would have all the demons to play with as well! It's like setting up a nature preserve for endangered species...

And if it works on Salo, we can do it to any other titan that comes and gets husked!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »

...How would we get Salo into hell? Not only would we get rid of our titan husk problem but they would have all the demons to play with as well! It's like setting up a nature preserve for endangered species...

And if it works on Salo, we can do it to any other titan that comes and gets husked!

The problem is getting around the fact they're building destroyers. Without artifact stuff, you could cast obsidian via magma pumping and buckets to seal sections of the fort.

Basically, what we need to do is:

1. Find Candy
2. Dig a separate shaft that goes from the top of the spire to the outside world. Build a drawbridge, and breach the surface.
2a. Seal the shaft from the top
3. Seal a miner in the shaft.
4. Breach the candy

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2016, 12:14:30 am »

NCommander AND The Master? Lots of old Deathgate names showing up all of a sudden. Maybe it's a sign...
What can I say? I just couldn't stay away any longer. I haven't had a good mental breakdown in 5 years. That needs to change.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2016, 06:04:59 pm »

Ryukan is too busy to play, so we're moving on to Iamblichos.

I feel like we should build a cannon that shoots demons. That should solve the husk problem.
OR... build our own husk supersoldier army, and conquer the circus with it. Bloodyhells shall live up to its name!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:14:56 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

That's a far more achievable goal, considering it's already happening on its own.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2016, 09:20:52 pm »

We can use puppies on a chain to lure the husks into the proper areas.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2016, 01:04:17 am »

We can use puppies on a chain to lure the husks into the proper areas.
Am i the only one with any sense of morality here?
Don't use puppies. I love dogs.
Use kittens. 'Should help the fps too.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2016, 01:44:30 am »

Am i the only one with any sense of morality here?

Morality is relative,
Puppies are cheap,
Dwarves are zealots of,
A place that creeps and leaks,
where oversears send them to die,
so we may feast on their on their sorrow,
as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,
That Bloodyhells is always a threat.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52