Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 132731 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye, I agree. The Suicidal Hills/Tragic Ocean embark is the one. Still, I could try to obtain a version of history where this area has husking clouds; if we want to shoot for maximum !!FUN!! Or shall we just settle for the melty mist?

Some food for thought: I found an evil mountain with husk-inducing Nefarious Fog at the far north side of the world. Oddly enough the two dwarves I sent to investigate became husked and proceeded to fight eachother to the death. Then I sent the remaining dwarves to kill it, and the husk effortlessly murdered everyone despite not having functioning legs. So I sent a reclaim to take it on; 7 armed dwarves and they didn't even stand a chance (by then the husk was an elite wrestler). Think that might be a little too much fun? Imagine if a titan gets husked.
The world needs this map. The world needs husking titans.

I can't believe I did not catch this in the prequel / setup thread.  And I volunteered to be the first, ha ha, you guys got me!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 5: Pig Tail Left Glove

The battle of The Forest Titan, Barney Salo the purple rose taupe dinosaur, against the weasel corpse, both now a nefarious fog husk, continues on the eastern edge of Bloodyhells.

The nefarious fog is observed to drift and can start forming from anywhere in the region.  We can now confirm that fog transform any creature, including corpses into life opposing husks.  This information must heavily be considered if any battles are engaged on the surface. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the 5th of Sandstone, some migrants arrived from the southwest, right on top the pools of acrid slime. 

Perhaps Kol, the deity of travellers, still smiles upon these migrants.

The front entrance has a bridge lock that leads to the trade depot, and a main bridge lock that leads to the foyer and fortress proper. 

The cobaltite hatch cover in the foyer is locked to force, and observe the migrants. 

We will need to consider a quarantine area for future migrants who brave this dangerous region.

Admin Ryukan concludes the trade and the merchants are preparing to leave.

Sheriff Spish comes to the trade depot and expresses his disapproval of the complacency that is happening in Bloodyhells, "I'm afraid I do not approve of that tunnel system.  A safe, sensible, convenient way for pesky outsiders to get into and out of the fortress? We'll see about that..."

Admin Ryukan greets the new citizens of Bloodyhells.

Mistress Lor Figurelock likes doors.  She is a Great Presser, Accomplished Mechanic, and Competent Marksdwarf.  She is married to Kadol who did not accompany her.

Mister Oddom Earthoars likes war hammers, and an Adequate Thresher.  He is married to Shem Youthpainted.

Mistress Shem Youthpainted likes hatch covers, and  Novice: Brewer, Thresher, and Herbalist.  She is married to Oddom Earthoars.

Mister Mafol Socketstockade likes chains and is a Competent Spearman.

Sheriff Spish continues, "We do things the dwarfy way. So what if a few (hundred thousands) citizens die in the process?"

Sanctume declares, “I am doing it the dwarfy way. I want a fortress. I want iron clad warriors.  I want to dig deep.  I want to capture something to be weaponized.  I want to magma cleansing on the surface.  I want the surface to be obsidianized and be engraved.  Actually, it is not dwarfy to fight on that surface. Nope!”

I greeted the four new migrants as they pass through the trade depot and they overhear bits of the conversation. 

The poor new migrants are feeling uneasy.

The merchant has left through the front passage with Fikod Dolushmedtob, Hammerdwarf and Minkot Tiristakum, Macedwarf merchant guards.

--

*scream*  *roar*

Fikod and Minkot comes running back heading towards the fortress proper. 

Hey, you dorfs can’t be here.  Get out!

They went to the drink pile, then left going out through the depot then front passage.

That was weird.

Oh, this is even more weird, the “weasel head” is still animating!

What? It just kinda just rolls around? Ha ha.

Oh crap, that means, the Salo is looking for a new target.

The "Main Gate" is raised up but the "Front Gate" is down!  The lever is in the dining hall.

I don’t see the merchant anymore. 

The merchant guards!  They are outside now. 

Oh Armok’s beard!  The titan husk is near!  Raise that Front Gate! Now!

And here, my dwarfy friends, are the highlights of the battle reports about Salo the rose taupe dinosaur.

Merchant Guard Fikod Dolushmedtob, Hammerdwarf

Merchant Guard Minkot Tiristakum, Macedwarf merchant guards.

Does Salo wields a pig tail left glove, or it is wearing the glove? 
In either case, that pig tail left glove jams through skulls and tears brains. 

Salo looks pissed for being only dented in a few places.

(ooc-- is this a bug?)

It is now the 18th of Sandstone, and I expect for the Titan Husk to have destroyed our olivine front door but it just stays there. 

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Barney Salo the purple rose taupe dinosaur has come!

Hide the children!
Children are utterly useless. I say put them on the frontline.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems that there was a bug that caused building destroyers to get stuck trying to destroy adjacent structures unless something lures them away. Might still be a thing in DF2014.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:42:14 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Children are utterly useless. I say put them on the frontline.

Husked children distraction force go!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Daycare? More like Decoy .

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Off to a proper, Battlefailed start.  I'm so proud *snif*
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just updating my notes while at work.  I hope to finished tonight.

The Dorflist:
format: Dorf Name ["Title"], Gender [Labors/] (Forumite) [- Dead (Cause of Death)] [- Roles]

Civilians
Ryukan "Admin Ryukan", Female Expedition Leader/Manager/Broker/Bookkeeper (Ryukan) - Founder
Flame "Doc Flame", Female Chief Medical Dwarf (TheFlame52) - Founder
Imic "Miner Imic", Female Miner/Mason (Imic) - Founder
Spish "Sherif Spish" Male Miner/Engraver, Sheriff (Spish) - Founder
Taupe "Taupe Woodcut", Male Woodcutter/Woodburner (Taupe)  - Founder

Zuglarkun, Female Gem Setter/Macedwarf (Zuglarkun)
Puzzlebark, Female Cook, (Puzzlebark)
Clover Magic, Male Armorsmih (Clover Magic)
Andreus "Endless Res", Female  Soaper (Andreus)
Twinwolf, Male Carpenter, (Twinwolf)
Crashmaster, Male "Mec Crashmaster" (Crashmaster)

Kosoth, Female Miner/Engraver (undorf)
Shorast, Male Farmer (undorf)
Lor, Female Mechanic/Marksdwarf (undorf)
Oddom, Male Thresher (undorf)
Shem, Female Brewer/Herbalist (undorf)
Mafol, Male? Spearman (undorf)

Military
The Armored Kings
Niner "Glory Overlord", Male Militia Commander (90908) Founder
Sanctume "Farmer Sanctume", Male Farmer (Sanctume) - Founder, Year 1 Overseer

The Pending Dorf List:
Archereon, Elf
Balnash, Brewer/Speardwarf - Militia Theory: "Keep 'em at the end of your spear, an' they can't get at ye."
Deus Asmoth, Scholar
Gwolfski, Mechanic
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:11:52 pm by Sanctume »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Aw yeah son, getting off to a good start. I can't wait for goblins to show up so we can show them just how terrifying this place is!

What does the goop rain do again?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I wish dorfing as mechanic!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw yeah son, getting off to a good start. I can't wait for goblins to show up so we can show them just how terrifying this place is!

What does the goop rain do again?

It rains normal over the dead dense grass.  I am not sure if the rain by the beach causes the slime, or if the ocean sea foam leaves the "pools of acrid slime." 

As to what the slime does, I am not sure, but

I wish dorfing as mechanic!

I updated my list which should help Spish.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 6: Fire Snakes

It is mid-autumn, 300, and Salo the rose taupe dinosaur is not going anywhere and content banging on that olivine front door. 

Only Armok know what else can go wrong out there, so we are better off being productive here in “Safety Inside” of Bloodyhells.

Sheriff Spish says, “Productive? We can just relax now, make booze and merrimaking for the remainder of the year.”

Sanctume counters, “I can count with my fingers more things we can accomplish.”

First, we will complete that fourth iron armor set so that Niner Glory Overlord will establish The Hollow Basements squad.  Captain Mace Zuglarkun and Puzzlebark will share the barracks for training.

Second, the wood supply is very low and we need to dig deep and seek fungi wood in the caverns.  We work on the breaching that aquifer using the double pump stack method powered by a dwarven water reactor.,

Third, we need to a way to capture Salo.  The north passage will be the location for such a mechanical contraption.  I initially designed for a web spewer so that webbed cage traps will be more effective to transport captured prisoners.

There is also a simple smasher room with a bait room for minor enemies.

Fourth, it is time to make the mandatory baths when entering the fortress proper.  The twin ramps in the foyer will be bridge sealed, and a new ramp will be constructed south of the bathtub as the new path into the fortress proper.

Fifth, we will butcher these grazing animals with nothing to eat, and we will make use of their meat for roasts, and their tallow for soaps.

Sixth, we will build indoor an archery range with trenches to retrieve stray bolts.

Seventh, we will use those bones from the animals we butchered and make bone bolts for archery practice. 

Eight, we will build a large room atom smasher for when we have a bigger job that our garbage chute cannot handle efficiently.

Ninth, we will dig some rooms for coffins and slabs.

Tenth...

Sheriff Spish interrupts Sanctume, “Alright, I get it.  I…”

We are interrupted by the season’s change for winter has come!

The 2nd of Moonstone, 300 just turns the surface of Bloodyhells worse.  The dead walk!  Hide while you can!

Umm, we are already hiding behind our walls and stone bridges so we can continue working on our progress inside. 

This pretty much summarizes winter in Boodyhells.

Before the year comes to its end, I designed a couple more trap rooms in the North Passage for enemies such as Salo.

1st of Granite, 301

Alas!  A new year has come in Bloodyhells.  Despite our debates, I remain friends with the founders of Bloodyhells: Admin Ryukan, Doc Flame, Miner Imic, Taupe Woodcut, Niner Glory Overlord, and Sheriff Spish.  I am also in friendly terms with Mace Zuglarkun, and Xbow Lor.

I am relinquishing my Overseer position to whomever wants it.

I would like to pursue my training in The Armored Kings.

I requested a stone statue of my image and be handsomely placed in the new stone workshops.

Admin Ryukan gladly took upon this commission as she has been a skilled mason.

“Thank you, Admin Ryukan. I am uhhh…”

The Save: Bloodyhells Year 301 - End of Sanctume's Turn

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You poor thing. Do you have any idea what you signed up for? :P
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

At any rate, I'll see if I can set aside some time for a year, and probably work on breaching that aquifer.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:45:35 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Are you supposed to do that much in a first year? Because this looks like a lot of projects...

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Glad to get a dwarf in the doors while they were still open. 10/10 accommodations would suicide mission again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52