Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134905 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2016, 04:50:37 pm »

Doesn't look like Clover Magic is coming along so we're moving on to Puzzlebark. However, if anyone would like to play their turn early (and buy Puzzlebark another week or two), the year is free for the taking.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2016, 05:12:09 am »

Yeah, looks like my prediction about both him and her not being present holds true. Ignoring the skipped/inactive players, that would give the turn to Deus Asmoth (then Spriggans then Dozebôm who has definitely been active); sent Deus a PM.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2016, 06:22:32 am »

And the Battlefailed curse of player suicide proves its very much alive and well.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 31, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »

On it like a bonnet. Should get to playing after work tomorrow, update depending on framerate.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »

Excellent. But Puzzlebark has had three days respond so he's out regardless. I'm a little late on account of all this darn water in my house.

Is FPS getting to be too much of a problem? Sometime during Gwolfski's turn it got a whole lot worse and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2016, 11:25:21 pm »

Do you know, Gwolfski?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 01, 2016, 12:06:51 am »

I don't think he would, I wasn't able to recreate it using Imic's turn. It was probably inevitable at any rate. Maybe some DFhackery or a version upgrade will be required somewhere down the line.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:11:22 am by Spish »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:52 am »

Yes, but he surely noticed the moment of the slowdown start, allowing easier pinpointing of it, and he's often eager to engage in dfhackery likewise.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 01, 2016, 09:08:51 am »

Do we have magma cleansing the surface yet?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 01, 2016, 09:14:11 am »

No, but knowing battlefailed it should be poisoned water instead...Which I suppose is present.

Some magma landmines or cannons would be cool if impractical, I suppose. Though they might prevent fishing if used excessively.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 01, 2016, 09:19:50 am »

Is it a reanimating biome so I'd hate to be that fish cleaner!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 01, 2016, 09:22:28 am »

Actually, the ocean is non-reanimating iirc, just untamed wilds.

That said, that matters not when you're a reanimating fish cleaner.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #447 on: August 01, 2016, 11:07:47 am »

Actually, the ocean is non-reanimating iirc, just untamed wilds.

That said, that matters not when you're a reanimating fish cleaner.

... I can't help but think in these forts, our fish cleaners are so hardcore, they clean the death right out of the carp ...

I really need to sleep ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 01, 2016, 11:24:03 am »

You got rotten fish issue?  No problem, move it in that re-animating biome stockpile so they can be re-sashimi'd fresh, again. 

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2016, 04:18:51 pm »

Deus Asmoth's Tome, Granite 305
Nashonshash. Such an ugly name. My master and I have been trapped here more than a year now. Well, I say 'trapped', but it's hard to complain about a place that granted you immortality. Once I thought I would only live on through my (admittedly praiseworthy, though I do say so myself) works, but now I have an eternity to catalogue all the beauty in the world. Even as I look around right now, I'm enthralled by the majesty of... a disembodied head repeatedly biting Niner...

Ok, so the place could use some work. Master Liwalaci disapproves, of course, but the voices tell me that he's only angry that I have gained immortality when he wanted to be the only one to live forever. I've heard them ever since reading the book, and how could things that whisper so beautifully ever lie? I must be careful around him. He's jealous and paranoid. Who knows what he might do in his fear and rage? Besides, I don't need a master. I have eternity to hone my craft.

The first thing we shall have to do in order to improve the mood of the residents is obvious; clean up the corpses build extravagant temples to every single one of the gods! Surely once they have somewhere better than a hallway to worship, they will be much happier. Some of the locals have said there's a perfectly serviceable room already dug out, but there's nowhere near enough magma to be a proper place of worship. We must dig deeper!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52