Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133970 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #465 on: August 16, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »

So I'm a legendary warrior necromancer? I think my dwarf may have just won Battlefailed.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 16, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

I challenge you to take that legendary warrior necromancer and make it omni legendary vampire warrior necromancer foul fog husk eerie mist zombie, in the spirit of Museum succession :P

And looking grand and alien there, Deus. The overseer has trouble with pathing in fortress while building a massive shrine to the gods. Very appropriate.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 17, 2016, 05:44:47 am »

Is Sanctume the little hungry down arrow thingy right in front of the door into the temple complex?

Also, I take it all the squigly-line Ns are the necromancered dwarves?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2016, 11:24:46 am »

Alright Deus it's been well over two weeks. I suggest you either blow through the rest of the year, or upload the save as it is.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:20:36 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 22, 2016, 03:51:44 pm »

Yeah, sorry. I'll get the save up as soon as I can stabilise my internet a bit more.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2016, 10:29:18 am »

Sorry for the delay. Save is here.

Final results:
-Church looks like it's about halfway done, is in the process of being smoothed.
-The upper levels of the fortress have been taken back. The corpses are being dumped into magma, though the militia is pretty much on constant patrol to put the ones that get up back down again.
-The dwarves really don't seem to be fond of actually dumping stuff, but some progress has been made.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »

I saw Bloodyhells on my Updated Topics and I saw I had a PM and I thought OH FUCK

But thankfully it's not my turn.

EDIT: Stick me back on that turn list, please.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:31 pm »

Downloaded.

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 30, 2016, 11:52:53 am »

Minor bump. Also, this still going? What's happened to it, seems to have trailed off about 5 days ago?
32 pages of masterful insanity.
I've skipped most of the images, just not bothering to TRY to make sense of them. It's like disaster-creation 101 in there. However, it's incredibly amusing.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 30, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »

Progress update;

I have had an initial look into the madness this evening. Then I went back to re-read some journal entries. Then I looked at the madness again.

Wow, it's a mess. The surface is an assault on the eyes and the underground is quite Escher-esque. Not sure what direction to take with this fort yet. The thread could use a picture-heavy fort tour and sitrep I guess. Might unpause tomorrow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2016, 01:37:14 am »

"Mess" doesn't do it justice. Its a battlefailed disaster zone.

Oh, also, the room to the east of the stairwell on the tavern/library floor was going to become the temple until the little disaster with the zombies happened. I mean come on its got a 2-story vaulted ceiling! :P That other place I figured we could use more, and nicer, bedrooms.

Also also, I forgot to mention to sign me up for another go!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:39:10 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 31, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

Progress update;

I have had an initial look into the madness this evening. Then I went back to re-read some journal entries. Then I looked at the madness again.

Wow, it's a mess. The surface is an assault on the eyes and the underground is quite Escher-esque. Not sure what direction to take with this fort yet. The thread could use a picture-heavy fort tour and sitrep I guess. Might unpause tomorrow.

It's Battlefailed mate! Of course it's gonna be a mess! Next one needs to be an evil glacier volcano embark. //shot
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:00 pm »

I would be shocked and appalled if the fort was in a sensible and functional state.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2016, 05:38:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bloodyhells, I can see it all now. It is ugly. It is bloody. It is hell.

The fort is a total failure. We were given a last chance; delve deep into the territories of evil, fortify a position and strike against Tosid Rushaxe's necro-horde.
The King would have been smarter to have had us executed on the spot or earlier by the beard! For all the dwarven lives lost or irreprably twisted here we have only succeeded in creating a lack-lustre necromancer hang-out where the heretical secrets are spread through wandering poets who outnumber the 'staff.' The fact is though, I would have done anything at all to deflect the glowing fuchia gaze of Salo's undead eyes before it ripped me to shreds. Anything. Death gives one a certain reminder about it's supposed inevitability and I wonder about the King's true intent behind the Bloodyhells expedition.

I've come upon the overseerer's journal up in this tree. It seems obvious that the previously appointed elf-citizen overseer had left it up here while sneaking off to love trees as it has been neglected for quite a while. The current intended holder is too pre-occupied with artistic pursuits to effect leadership. We'll see what's going on.

Just under this tree a dwarf poet heads towards what must be a passage into the fort. It's hard to tell what areas of the fort might be secured when you can move through walls. There appears to be a main airlocked trade depot entrance on the shore in the south, littered with the corpses of fallen dwarves.

It leads to the right side of an expansive area in the soil layer where a little bunker guards the main stair into the old fort.

The stair from the half-completed shelter on the surface passes an open bridge into the fort through an empty room and a cage-trap hall. There's a hole and a stair that connects to the large soil layer.

The soil layer below connects to the underground wagon tunnels by ramps and stair in the room to the left of the four bridges. Corpse concentration is high here. The roof of the main stair bunker is seen lower right.

Going north leads to a demolished trade depot at the hub of the underground wagon tunnel network.

The main stairs from the bunker leads to the crossroads of the fort. All the necessities were focused here, workshops, hospital, prison, corpse pile, giant undead therapod labrynth, wine pond. Most roads from here lead to flood recovery efforts, corpses and/ or abandoned mystery projects.

Except down, well corpses yes, but 50 levels down another small roofed bunker guards an opening into the caverns. It's drawbridge is even walled over. Deeper we go then.

Ten more levels down we pass living quarters and storage before arriving at The Garlic of Vipers. A fairly quite tavern compared to The Chamber of Death which is the library next door who's floor is littered with mangled corpse parts. Nearby is an under-construction temple complex.

Directly below are farming and food storage.

Housing expansion.

And finally shop floor.

Shockingly sensible and functional down here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 03, 2016, 06:00:46 pm »

If you look at that twisting hallway near the cavern entrance, the one with the cage traps; those smooth walls were supposed to get fortifications carved in them, so that dwarves reloading/hauling from the cage traps get warning about critters around the corner. Never did finish that.

Place would be practically livable if you could get the dolts to clean up the rotting corpses lying about.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52