Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134148 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #720 on: May 04, 2017, 07:21:53 pm »

How the fuck did zombies get inside the walls
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 05, 2017, 08:42:44 am »

How the fuck did zombies get inside the walls
I dunno man, but all the oldest zombies are one tile beneath the surface. I think somebody hacked them there.

I'm playing, but don't expect many updates. I'm getting like 2 FPS. I also made the terrible mistake of unforbidding the books in the library, so all everyone is doing is reading.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 05, 2017, 08:46:23 am »

Did you fire/rehire the nobles like I explained on DFFD? The lag has everything to do with that (and to a lesser extent the zombies), and I can personally confirm that autodump-destroying every item on the map will do very little to improve FPS.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:57:10 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 05, 2017, 08:47:28 am »

can I be dorfed as a dwarven soldier named "Lord Lemonpie"? Preferably a speardwarf, but any melee dwarf will do.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 05, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »

Did you fire/rehire the nobles like I explained on DFFD? The lag has everything to do with that (and to a lesser extent the zombies), and I can personally confirm that autodump-destroying every item on the map will do very little to improve FPS.
...I will now do that.

can I be dorfed as a dwarven soldier named "Lord Lemonpie"? Preferably a speardwarf, but any melee dwarf will do.
You're in luck! One of the nine unclaimed dwarves is a speardwarf. Hope you don't mind lacking dangly bits. And also not being a necromancer.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 06, 2017, 02:52:28 pm »

As long as shes got a spear, she has no need for dangly bits hehe

Do i even have a dorf/elf anymore?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 07, 2017, 02:15:18 pm »

As long as shes got a spear, she has no need for dangly bits hehe

Do i even have a dorf/elf anymore?
Yeah, you're still alive. Actually you are deader than three doornails. I think I saw your zombie or maybe a limb and thought you were alive.

I used autodump to move all the dwarf corpses inside. They're now being buried. Also, I slabbed all the ghosts. Slabs for potential ghosts are still in the works.

I re-forbid all the books in the library, so things are getting done again.

EDIT: Unexpected computer restart happened and I lost some stuff. Apparently I never saved at the end of this post.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:50:45 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 09, 2017, 08:44:46 am »

Elven merchants came. They were waylaid by zombie sea otters and a zombie osprey but managed to fight their way through.

Migrants came. The only one to get in alive was a stoneworker. The other two were killed by the zombie FB on the surface.

In the confusion of getting the migrants in, the merchants got in too. Also, I dispatched the military against the titan. I did not expect webs. Spish's arms were turned into a fine paste, but his steel and adamantine armor kept him safe long enough for Senshuken to get there and bash the bajesus out of it. He killed it with a punch that crushed its lower body. No casualties and my 1:1 turns to dead titans ratio is upheld.

EDIT: How do I flood the surface with magma? I can't find any levers or even a mechanism to generate the power to do so.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:07:11 pm by TheFlame52 »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 10, 2017, 04:11:30 am »

There is a small room to the north of the main unliving area, near the magma sea that contains the levers controlling the magma last I remember. Its close to the pumpstack in case that wasn't clear.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 11, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »

I'll make this short:
 - A forgotten beast came, killed a few zombies, and died (and did not come back to life)
 - A planter got husked
 - I moved all the wall zombies to the surface where they belong
 - Flame was beaten for violating production orders, it left only bruises
 - I removed several walls where both sides were accessible
 - I made a giant corpse stockpile right next to the magma dump
   - Things are getting butchered/magmaed
 - I flooded the entire surface with magma, incinerating everything (even the flying FB, it came down to earth when it was killing the migrants)
 - The merchants went nuts and had to be put down, there were a few incidents with zombies but nobody was killed
 - It is now summer

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:08 pm »

Summer update:
 - Lebo is dead. In related news I have discovered our minecart grinder. Shorast is now mayor.
 - The magma is almost completely cooled on the upper part of the map.
 - Migrants, a jeweler and a glassmaker.
 - The last elf died, came back to life, was dismembered, came back to life again, got caught in a cage trap, and was thrown into the magma. We still have a couple pack animals roaming the fort.
 - Flame is preparing meals. She is making masterworks.
 - We passed 2600 dead units.
 - FPS is stable at about 12.
 - Corpse dumping and butchering is going smoothly. Any corpses or body parts in the fort that could be zombies were mangled years ago. A bunch of elf junk is being dumped as well.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

Autumn update:
 - A wereantelope came. It was quickly discovered and killed by yours truly, no wounds. However, its corpse came back to life and killed Lord Lemonpie.
 - I made a few adamantine wafers.
 - No migrants arrived.
 - Mayor Shorast had a strange mood and made a hematite crown. It has a picture of Twinwolf killing a human.
 - Lots of stuff is being dumped. FPS is at 7-8.
 - Dwarves came. They killed a few harpies. We sold them all the junk within 50 tiles of the depot. We got some steel, some dogs and cats, and a few books.
 - I made some quires. Maybe someone will write something. And maybe that something will be the secret of necromancy. It's worth a shot.
 - Senshuken killed three zombie ogres alone.
 - I finally got Spriggans all the stuff he needed for his post.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 24, 2017, 02:07:24 pm »

I feel like Sen's just been quietly sitting in a room all this time, staying out of people's way and quietly meditating and practicing with his weapon of choice... Because he hates everything around him and he wants it to die.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 24, 2017, 06:31:13 pm »

I feel like Sen's just been quietly sitting in a room all this time, staying out of people's way and quietly meditating and practicing with his weapon of choice... Because he hates everything around him and he wants it to die.
Your dwarf has over a hundred kills, including two titans, though I think most of them were the same zombie several times.

Apparently individual combat drills are bugged. The dwarf gets tired, then doesn't get untired because they're a necromancer and shouldn't get tired to begin with. Also I can't get the military to stay active or spar. I think someone fucked up the alerts.

EDIT: We don't have any flux! Argh!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:34:26 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 25, 2017, 07:09:24 pm »

Winter update
 - Autodumped a bunch of stuff. There is now far less unreachable junk on the map. I didn't move any cavern corpses, though.
 - Autodump destroyed even more stuff. All the large clothes are gone, as are the stray teeth, horns, toes, etc. FPS jumped up a whole tick.
 - Pig tails will be grown next year. Turn them into quires, please. I want that necromancy book!
 - Some dude got possessed and made a green glass crown. What is it with these people and crowns?
 - Cavern zombie population has fucking EXPLODED. There's over a hundred new zombies since autumn.
 - I did one more autodump destroy just before spring. Goodbye teeth!
 - Silverlock died of old age. OLD AGE. IN A BATTLEFAILED FORT. I FUCKING WIN.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12930

Alright, dude who's next. What you need to do is this:
1. Make a little airlock into the third cavern.
2. Stick Senshuken in it.
3. Open the airlock.
4. Tell Senshuken to kill all the zombies.
5. Sit back with your popcorn.
Or just fucking ignore everything and try not to kill the fort. Your choice.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52