Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 132716 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06) - DON'T PANIC
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2016, 06:33:35 am »

I've spent a good 30 minutes trying to get DF to recognize Gwolfski's save file  with no luck.  Can anyone else get it to work?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2016, 06:46:50 am »

I've spent a good 30 minutes trying to get DF to recognize Gwolfski's save file  with no luck.  Can anyone else get it to work?

I'll check. Standby.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2016, 06:57:33 am »

Gah.  Nevermind.  Operator error.

EDIT: I'm going to pass on my turn.  I've been off-cycle with DF for a few months, and this type of fort will require a precision I don't think I can muster right now.  Best of luck to the next victims overseers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:59:59 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2016, 08:24:52 am »

I'll PM TheFlame52 to help keep this moving quickly.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:23 am »

I just got a new computer. Just like the last one was built to run Minecraft, this one is built to run Dwarf Fortress. LET'S GO

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2016, 09:03:46 am »

I just got a new computer. Just like the last one was built to run Minecraft, this one is built to run Dwarf Fortress. LET'S GO

I have an urge to fix df2minecraft to combine those two things.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2016, 11:16:21 am »

Haha! Yes, I, the great FLAME CHAOSBANE, have arrived at the fount of all chaos, BLOODYHELLS!

Why do I even bother being surprised any more.

Most of the fort is in the soil layer, and it's already a rambling mess. We don't have a staircase, we have some kind of spiral ramp. As usual, it's full of corpses. Our forges are two magma smelters. We're open to the caverns in two places. Caverns that are FULL OF ZOMBIES. Ghosts. There are random tunnels and pits everywhere. A lot of them are blocked off and/or full of water. The surface is covered in corpses, zombies, and random junk. We also have two zombie stockpiles.

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO YEARS PEOPLE
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:18:41 am by TheFlame52 »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2016, 11:20:05 am »

Hey Flame, can you show me Senshuken's information so I can start making journal posts for them?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2016, 11:22:34 am »

I'm not sure I can take pictures on this new machine. Maybe later.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2016, 06:28:29 pm »

View the dwarf's info,
then dfhack forum-dwarves.
there is a text file in the df directory names forum-dwarves.txt

Every dwarf you run will be appended to that text file.
copy paste to forum, it's color coded for the board.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:23 am »

Oh, so you have been using the DFHack beta. That's probably why both of us have been experiencing random crashes.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2016, 01:27:04 am »

In my experience, TWBT causes a lot of the crashes in dfhack, so I always play with 2D and True Type font and get no issue.

forum-dwarves just dumps data in the text file without worrying about images.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2016, 01:37:10 am »

I'm fairly certain the crashes are related to the new tooltip thingamajig, because they only happen when looking at things.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2016, 08:05:32 am »

DFhack is stable now, but I did lose some data when I accidentally closed out of DF. Apparently I can do that on this machine.

Spoiler: Senshuken (click to show/hide)

Yep, still can't take screenshots, so this won't have any pictures. I'll try to keep you guys informed.
 - I made some instruments for the tavern.
 - We have corpses. We have magma. I've combined the two. Most of our captive zombies have been incinerated, freeing up cage space. We have four invincible crundle scales chilling in the magma now.
 - Cage traps are the answer. Aside from the Titan, every single zombie is trappable. I'm making copper cages.
 - We have an artifact claystone grate now. That means we have Titan bait. I've ordered some menacing spikes made for a repeating spike trap.
 - I've reclaimed the butcher's shop. We're finally getting rid of some of our refuse.
 - I tried to let in some migrants through the airlock. The one I let in... was the Titan.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2016, 11:16:32 am »

The Glorious Tale of Senshuken the IV, Proud Member of Bloodyhells.
Chapter One: An Introduction.

I haven't been at this Fortress for very long, but I'm starting to suspect that the name of this place is more of a description rather then an actual name. But I guess I should start from the beginning...

My name is Senshuken the IV and I am a planter. Been one for as long as I can remember and that goes back a very long time.  Thanks to the amount of booze I've been drinking lately that will hopefully change soon. I can't actually remember why I started drinking so heavily to forget something, but I suspect it had something to do with the Plaited Page... I found a journal that says that I kept a journal of my time there but all the pages were torn out expect the last one, which simply read 'Just keep drinking, you don't want to know' in my own hand-writing. Never been one to not trust myself so I've taken my own advice.

But yea, after my hopefully forgotten time somewhere in the Plaited Page, I found myself needing to go somewhere new in order to have a fresh start that would allowing me to work my trade...somewhere exciting. Somewhere that needed a farmer but would also give me the chance to fulfill my desire to join the military and start a family. Bloodyhells was a new fortress out that was looking for fresh people to go and so I did...

Now, I have always found nature to be an insane son of a bitch; Anything that the elves love so much should be treated with a great deal of suspicion at any rate, but I once saw a bunny rabbit bite off and shallow a man's head whole. Just getting here, I saw what appeared to be undead Orges ripping apart a human caravan... As a general rule, I honestly believe that we have to destroy nature before the sick bastard gets us by bathing the surface with magma on a near monthly basis, but just from what I've seen so far, I think a fortnightly magma bath seems like a good idea.

When I get the chance, I'm going to request training to be a crossbow dwarf. Don't really have the physical strength to be a melee fighter... and I admit that I could afford to lose a few stone... But I think that being able to pick things off from a distance sounds right up my alley.

I think I might cut this off here. Someone is screaming about someone letting Salo into the fortress...

~Senshuken the IV.

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52