Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133873 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

About the undead: don't they path to meeting areas, iirc? With burrows, you could set up some that no current citizen will path to, then erase them from existence.
If that's the kind of fortress you were hoping for after reading through 3 1/2 threads of sheer insanity, then I really don't know what to say. But it's only the third year, there's still plenty of time someone to stabilize the fortress. If it lasts that long, anyway.
Not hoping for. There is no hope.

No, that was more trying to figure out theoretical answers to an unusual threat. With cavern revealed, hostile tree attacks would kinda defeat the point.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think undead paths to where there is life, that's why live baits behind doors are effective by toggling the door's forbid.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could something like that have been stopping Salo behind a door? Initially unlocked, but then encountered an obstacle that wasn't there when he started walking, much like how a caravan can repath.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Salo is a building destroyer though.  He would pause for furnitures.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Could something like that have been stopping Salo behind a door? Initially unlocked, but then encountered an obstacle that wasn't there when he started walking, much like how a caravan can repath.
Salo is a building destroyer though.  He would pause for furnitures.
He got stuck too close to the door. He was trying to smash it, but he was too close to do so. I've seen it before.

spam cage traps
That was already the plan.

Anyway, time to save and quit my nice, neat, orderly, peaceful 0.43 fortress and play some FUCKING BLOODYHELLS.

How is that ANY DIFFERENT THAN USUAL.

Oh wait, because this time they have FUCKING WEAPONS AND ARMOR.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

I think Bloodyhells is trying to break your resurrection streak.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

We I ain't dead yet! Das ist gut!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The titan pathed down a ramp from directly above the door, thus it didn't see the door until it was too close to do anything about it. If that makes sense. :P
I think undead paths to where there is life, that's why live baits behind doors are effective by toggling the door's forbid.
New plan: use Group 2 as zombie bait!
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

new plan: Kill everybody (except me)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No screenshots for you.

Andreus and the kids are dead. They were killed by zombies. I was trying to get Andreus some food so he wouldn't starve. The Titan is now wrecking where they were, so they would have died anyway.

The other group is doing fine.

However, there is one thing going well. One rutherer escaped the culling. I am calling it the Ruthless Rutherer. It has like 50 zombie kills to its name. It has singlehandedly almost cleared out the zombies. It hasn't run into the Titan yet, but if it does, I expect a throwdown of epic proportions.

So yeah, basically the only thing keeping me from reclaiming the fort is Salo. The other zombies are all dead thanks to the Ruthless Rutherer. I can't wait to see what happens when they meet!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the rutherer from my pasture of terrible beasties, right? That one's a merciless mother of four, I taught her everything she knows about zombie killin'

Now's that the titan is preoccupied with smashing things, this is a good opportunity to expand. You can probably save the masonry workshops, at the very least. You might be able to lure the titan through Gwolfski's huge labyrinth.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:34:51 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have rock nut soap to save the day?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Any chance of filling the husk with bolts and inflicting some sort of damage?

it seems that if we can get a sort of good vantage point against it, he'd be a great source of live training even if he doesnt die much.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now's that the titan is preoccupied with smashing things, this is a good opportunity to expand. You can probably save the masonry workshops, at the very least. You might be able to lure the titan through Gwolfski's huge labyrinth.
Yeah, I should probably do something besides sit there and watch the Ruthless Rutherer kick zombies off ledges. Tomorrow shit will get done.

Any chance of filling the husk with bolts and inflicting some sort of damage?
Haha, nooooo. That fucker is immortal.

It seems that if we can get a sort of good vantage point against it, he'd be a great source of live training even if he doesn't die much.
Maybe. I'm thinking either cave-in trap or a drawbridge trap. Cave-in might be easier - I have some logs, and building destroyers will destroy wooden supports. But I'll try a drawbridge trap first. Hmmm... A long winding corridor with a drawbridge in the front... I can use the gorlak as bait...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you get it captured, you can probably combine fortress-wide swimming crosstraining with fortress-wide archery training :P Well, eventually.

Though with no ranged attacks, not really necessary for just archery training.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52