Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133966 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2016, 12:37:27 pm »

I want to think that my dwarf was looking for some reading material for the toilet, and inadvertently found the secrets of life and death.

Implying that dwarves need to use the toliet.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2016, 08:05:53 am »

Bump.
Loolooloolooloolootoiletloolooloolooloolooloo
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »

Not sure how I feel about us obtaining the secrets of life and death through retirement shenanigans. But it is what it is.

Yo Archie, the clock is tickin. I'll give you till the 24th.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:39:46 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »

Not sure how I feel about us obtaining the secrets of life and death through retirement shenanigans, but it is what it is.

Yo Archie, the clock is tickin. I'll give you till the 24th.

I've already finished the year, I just need to get sufficiently motivated to do the write up, I'll go ahead and do that tonight, the rest of the year is comparatively uneventful relative to the beginning, up until the very end of winter.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2016, 02:24:48 am »

Not sure how I feel about us obtaining the secrets of life and death through retirement shenanigans, especially this early on. But it is what it is.

To be fair, this is a Battlefailed fort. Given the history of body surfing, demonic possessions, God voodoo, one could argue we've long had the secrets of life and death. The difference is now we have them in easy-to-understand slab form.

That being said, I didn't see the fort being retired, just that the slab showed up.

Implying that dwarves need to use the toliet.

I dunno, they live there. We read about it. Some of the shit I've read in these threads may require new pants.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2016, 07:09:35 am »

Archeron retired the fort and then unretired it, then heard that Spish kinda likes zombies two hours in (link), [but not quite enough to replay 2 hours]. I guess Spish will dial zombie production to max on his turn, though :p

I personally like how Battlefailed takes all kinds of ruthless overseers, though :)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »

Nah. I like killing zombies, you see. And I can't very well be doing that if we go and make friends with all of them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:18:59 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2016, 04:40:42 pm »

Well, the caravan guards might see the zombies and attack them. And then zombies and necromancers will help out their friend zombies and kill them back. And then we might get loyalty cascade and disloyal zombies again, so your dream may still be fulfilled!

delicious fruit of knowledge tho

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:43 pm »

Nah. I like killing zombies, you see. And I can't very well be doing that if we go and make friends with all of them.

What's a little dismemberment between friends?
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2016, 11:13:34 pm »

Okay, I'm going to post the rest of the year followed by the save after I get home from work tomorrow today (Jesus Christ it's late). Stay tuned.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 24, 2016, 05:38:24 pm »

Fall 303

Excerpts from Collected Logs of the year 303 by Iyathi "Archereon" Awemedinade:

30th Timber, 303: It occurs to me now that I have severely neglected entries in my personal diaries as of late, though I believe it was for a good cause. For the past few months, the fortress has been abuzz with activity. At all hours, the sound of filing, digging, and hammers beating metal can be heard. Work on the garbage shaft has been halted in the interest of time, as every able bodied citizen of the fortress is needed for the current task, namely the time consuming work of extracting the strands of adamantine metal from the surrounding rock. Even now the work proceeds, and as many of the citizens have taken up the black arts, they are capable of working tirelessly, so production has gone faster than I could have ever hoped. I have been hard at work preparing armor for the new militia, and with the arrival of additional migrants who had the good sense to come from the southeast, we now have a total of 20 citizens, plus a handful of adventurers and a poetry troupe who wandered in from outside. While the Fortress is quickly becoming known as a place of all consuming death and madness, there are also whispers of incalculable wealth for the taking for those strong enough to survive the journey. Having recently seen the desiccated skeleton of some luckless adventurer wearing a backpack filled to the brim with diamonds and jewelry abandoned by merchants while on a foray to the surface to greet the newcomers, I have concluded that both stories are equally true; death and glory are the two pillars of society in Nashonshash.

Incidentally, the newcomers are as follows:

• Zuglarkun's older sister Imic Udilgeshud, a stoneworker. Somehow, even before entering the fortress, she knew about our discovery and demanded to see the tome. I am not sure whether to be impressed or alarmed.
  • Asen "The Error" Limulast, a venerable dwarf who is more than 140 years old, making him the second oldest citizen of the fortress after myself. I am unsure what skills he possesses, if any, but this man's mind has clearly long since succumbed to the rigors of old age, or so it would seem. The others mock him as a 'crazy old man', but I am unsure whether or not his senility is entirely genuine.
  • Kogan "Gwolfski" Olintathat the Brewer. Supposedly 'second of his name' as (seemingly self proclaimed) Baron of a settlement called fluffyshires, which I am fairly certain does not actually exist.
  • Senshuken, a cousin of Imic and Zuglarkun's, and a seasoned soldier. Her skill with a mace will come of use in the days to come.
  • Zutthan "Crashmaster" Melbilrigoth, supposedly a mechanic and a farmer. The skepticism comes from the fact that he is Gwolfski's father.
  • Onol "Taupe" Kogantangak, a fisherdwarf. There is very little to say about him, but he has been fairly reluctant to read the necromancy tome, so perhaps he is a better man than I.
  • Ingish "Clover Magic" Shegetuzol, another fishery worker. His nick name reminds me of home. Given I was very nearly executed for displaying a modicum of common sense there, I do not enjoy that memories that association brings forth.
  • Lebo Cattenkashez, a hammerdwarf.

As for the visitors, there is a goblin who has offered us his service as a mercenary. Given we are reasonably far away from the Goblin homelands, I do not believe there to be any risk in taking him up on his offer. His name is Cikul Dagoti, though he goes by the nom de guerre of "SpeciesUnkn0wn". There is also a visiting troupe of poets known as the Prim Lute, who, if their story is to believed, got lost on the way to the dwarven capital. The citizens of the fortress seem to like their act however, so for now, they may stay at Nashonshash. Given the alternative would be almost certain death beyond the confines of the fortress, they needed no persuasion to stay.

With more warm bodies comes faster work, and we've begun laying traps in an effort to capture several of the most dangerous of the undead stalking the halls of the upper fortress. We have successfully caged two of the fog husks, a human and a goblin. The hideous stench is no worse with the creature trapped in a cage, and we dare not try to finish it off for fear of it breaking free, so for now they are stored near the unfinished disposal shaft. Our traps down in the caverns have additionally caught something, and it is far past time that I check what is is, so I shall conclude this entry to attend to that business.

30th Timber, 303 II: This is fantastic.

It was inevitable.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #341 on: June 24, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »

oh, nice
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2016, 06:08:25 pm »

I claim it as my war cave dragon. The best part is if it dies, I can resurrect it!.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »

I claim it as my war cave dragon. The best part is if it dies, I can resurrect it!.

Spoiler Alert: It was war trained and assigned to Spish since he's militia commander. As I said, the year is already finished.

I'm working on the final update now, I'll post it with the save some time tomorrow; I want to make it something special, so I'm going to take my time if that's alright.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:56:30 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »

A mercenary, huh?

He's going to become Bloodyhell's triple-immortal servant u.u°

I hope the necromancers are drinking?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52