Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134296 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #450 on: August 02, 2016, 06:07:27 pm »

Hehe.

But wh-ah right, deeper. How's the FPS?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 03, 2016, 12:16:05 pm »

Fairly slow, but not awful. On review, I don't think we have the manpower to conquer hell, so I might just clean up the fort a bit, build a bigger dining hall and stuff.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 03, 2016, 03:17:13 pm »

In any succession fort, you can't possibly go wrong with cleaning the place up.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2016, 05:05:49 pm »

So Niner is still alive after being repeatedly bitten by a zombie head? Damn. If you want to save him you'll probably have to use water to push them into a cage trap to get rid of that damned thing.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

The heads and stuff don't seem to be able to actually do any damage, so I might just leave them to grind up their combat skills some more. On the other hand, they're all legendary observers, so they've clearly been there for a while now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 06, 2016, 06:17:04 pm »

Couple months before the end of my turn, yeah. Niner and the other mortal fellow got themselves exhausted and passed out, no luck getting the undead into the cage traps.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2016, 06:29:06 pm »

Should be able to do a proper update with some pictures tomorrow, but in the meantime:

- We've had like twenty petitions for long term residency from various soldiers and performers.
- A sand titan in chilling in a pond just outside the fortress.
- A goblin husk got inside through one of our inexplicably open doors.
- Currently have a strange mood going on, but we need bones so I need to see if there's anyone that'll actually slaughter an animal before he goes insane.
- Church is fully dug and being smoothed. No magma yet, but we'll hopefully be able to pump some up to make it properly dwarven.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2016, 10:33:28 am »

I'd like to request an elfing.

I love how the dark arts are this forts first resort when faced with imminent death. And we're going to have TWO husked titans roaming about the place aren't we?
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2016, 12:00:28 pm »

- A goblin husk got inside through one of our inexplicably open doors.
That's our Bloodyhells!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:38 pm »

Deus Asmoth, have you anything to report?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »

Deus Asmoth's Diary, Summer.

New migrants arrive,
Carrying their hope with them,
We greet them with death.

This fortress is full of philistines. I'm trying to work on my various masterpieces, and they keep interrupting me with trifling matters like a beast made of amber outside the gates and a goblin husk that got inside the fortress. The husk is currently trapped behind a wall and the amber beast appears to have wandered off, if it ever existed at all. More likely they were just trying to distract me so that master Dipane can steal my work.

Spoiler: Church (click to show/hide)

This is the current state of our new shrine complex. The smoothing is proceeding slowly, but soon it will almost be worthy of me considering a recital there. It will certainly be adequate for the plebians to worship their gods, in any case. At the door you can also see Sanctume, who has been stricken by melancholy after no one killed anything to give him bones for something he wanted to make. He also doesn't see to be a necromancer yet, so at least we won't have to listen to him complaining forever.

Spoiler: Battle (click to show/hide)

Here we have NCcommander and Flame, who both still seem intent on slaying those stray scraps of skin. Most of the fortress has given up on distracting them at this point, though if an enemy ever does come along that breaks their concentration, they will certainly be ready. They are both undoubtedly fighters worthy of legend at this stage, or at least they would be if they ever fought anything besides a scrap of leather.

Spoiler: Melbil (click to show/hide)

This is Melbil. He has spent the past half year shouting down the stairs that he's not able to carry some items into a stockpile. We only just figured out that the problem was that these hatches in the main stairway:

were locked, blocking access to most of the fortress. I can't see any immediate threats to our well being from unlocking them, so I will do so because it's better than being mildly irritated by that guy. I've also set the miners to dig a shaft to the magma seas that we can toss anything we don't have a use for any more down in order to clean the fortress up a bit.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2016, 04:30:19 pm »

Hmm. Images don't seem to be working for some reason.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »

Hmm. Images don't seem to be working for some reason.
Same.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2016, 05:00:46 pm »

The addresses are definitely correct, so I'm not sure what happened with them. I'll try uploading to a different image site tomorrow.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »

These links work

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52