Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134322 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #480 on: September 03, 2016, 08:27:05 pm »

Bloodyhells sure has changed. Thanks for the overview.

Bit concerned about the flooded metal bars. How's the FPS? How's your plans for the fort?

It looks like a mess when you take it as one fort, but it is more like several connected forts on one map. The soil layers alone have like eight airlocks, four central stairways, numerous workshop areas.

Each overseer builds a new one!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2016, 08:26:47 pm »

Place would be practically livable if you could get the dolts to clean up the rotting corpses lying about.
Stuff not getting dumped and hauled is a big problem in 0.43. But even so, this is surprisingly good for a Battlefailed fort!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »

With the book in hand anything goes. All workshops are halted, every dump order is rescinded, all stockpiles and zones are erased save for important new-fort areas.

Rotten corpses receive prioritization, the library's especially bad, I can even go in there as my own meat hand is on the floor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, there are two caged dwarves in the units list. I can see about six cages that contain something dwarfy but I can't tell exacctly how dwarfy or how much there is so orders are set to put up the cages proper in the old prison so someone can have a good look in them. A drake is ordered chained nearby in case behavioral testing iss required.

Third is installation of a backlog of memorial slabs. A masonry shop is also qued to produce more slabs, I'm way down the line for now at least. Gabbro doors and blocks are added to the mason's que as well as long-term goals start now. The wood furnace is to be pulled out of it's prime location to install a new magma glass kiln to replace the flooded one.

Sand is plentiful inside the caverns bunker nearby. The stockpiles down here contain a large store of gabbro mechamisms already so excavation plans are laid out for a pump stack cutting through surveyed rock from a pair of fortuitous natural obsidian overhangs above the floor of the magma sea.

I float by and have a look at injured dwarves Ryukan 3786 and Imic 3787 look like they'll be fine.

There is a constant need to re-load cage traps at various locations and a shortage of free cages. Orders are being given to disable the traps instead of reloading them to save dwarfpower on inturruptions.

One of the local monsters, Efamidipi is said to have killed the test-drake in the main stair on it's way to the prison. I consider the wisdom of mingling with these things.

Security checks locate several open stairs to the surface in the soil layer. The outside is permitted to block them off before anything more can get in. Spriggans goes outside and gets dizzy but seems fine.

Glassmaking has started production. Two mostly-whole living dwarves Flame and Risen are located in the cages and actions to free them are underway.
There was a fight in the tavern. A goblin poet lies in pieces. Efamidipi again, kinda doubt we could get rid of him if we wanted to.

19 Timber 305

Goden Mulettaran is taken by a mood. He claims one of the adamantine extraction workshops and need bones of course. The pump stack supply base tunnels are slowly progressing though warm stone.
Petitions approved for all;

Wait? Dues Armoth was not a citizen when appointed overseer? That can't be by the book.

WINTER is upon you

Around 14FPS I think.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2016, 10:56:09 pm »

First line: Uh-oh?

-Nice...library. Hey, you have your trusty spirit animal!

-There must be quite a pain with airlocks with that drake.

-Wood furnace? I thought we didn't have much trees?

-I see dead dwarves and a duck. The duck is alive.

Is the Imic rotting?

- Cages huh. I guess the monster ooh they're not gone.

- oh you didn't airlock the drake. welp.

- Is Efamidipí a titan or FB? How come you still have doors? Poor goblin poet.

-wonder if alive elven citizens and raised dead wil incite a loyalty cascade.

- 14 FPS is bad :<

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:00 am »

-There must be quite a pain with airlocks with that drake.

Airlocks! You misunderstand our security system, we're running open door surface to magma sea policy. Fast and loose. We don't have the dwarfpower for lever pulling and everyone's pretty chill anyways.

- Is Efamidipí a titan or FB? How come you still have doors? Poor goblin poet.

I don't know but it is a poet killing machine. Murders visitors like nobody's business. Everyone seems to pay it or the murders no mind and it's not interested in buildings either so we're just gonna pretend like nothings happening and keep letting visitors in.

- 14 FPS is bad :<

We'll beg for 14FPS before long

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 05, 2016, 01:09:39 am »

I meant hatches and hanging doors, but how's there's still anything alive in the fortress? There's a whole zombie apocalypse out there! And here! And everywhere!

Yeah, if it doesn't destroy buildings...Maybe let it stay as our pet. Not that hard to capture, but a free-range titan is cool.

Uh-oh.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 05, 2016, 03:01:36 am »

Do we have a hospital? Or do necromancers heal?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 05, 2016, 07:27:18 am »

I meant hatches and hanging doors, but how's there's still anything alive in the fortress? There's a whole zombie apocalypse out there! And here! And everywhere!

Zombies could care less about the citizens who are necromancers, so ???
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 05, 2016, 09:33:13 am »

I don't count those as alive. I meant the drakes and such.

puterking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2016, 02:47:14 am »

I've never done a succession game before, nor have I dug into the forums much, so....

Sign me up.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2016, 11:50:57 am »

Well, that is definitely a succession fort.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 08, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »

Workshops are busy at the start of winter. Ncommander is stumbling around oblivious again, thought he had got better and back to work. Shorast frees the caged dwarves finally.

Flame, chief medical dwarf set out presumably for his civilian uniform before returning straight to work. Risen however will dance no more.

Work continues, some things I might want to keep a spectral eye on.

And some things I really should have kept a spectral eye on.

The miners have followed the pump stack plans straight up into the aquifer. Water is pouring from the ceiling down the access stair and spreading out at the base. Jobs are cancelled and labour redirected to separate the access stair from the stack with a door at the top level and hatch over the stairs there as well to stop the flow of water before it comprimises the lower levels. It has already started to pour into the lowest.

Progress is swift, the door is up in no time and the first hatch was just put in by some dwarf who stood in the doorway to do the job - and left the rock he moved to do it propping the door open.

The low-priority delay of the rock dumping job is offset by the installation of the secon hatch diverting the aquifer leak down the pump stack where surface area soaked a lot of it up. By the time the leak was stopped the lowest level had been flooded enough to temporarily trap workers but not so much that it will significantly affect progress.

Meanwhile there have been some uncharacteristic husk and undead interruptions of the necro-workforce. Occasionally resulting in violence.

Some lord consort necromancer visited, waited a while in the nefarious fog then got in a fight with a goblin scholar. Another Risen, an astronomer, visits from upwind and decides entering the fort is the best idea.

With the danger passed the surface is again permitted for the miners to work on correcting the aquifer leak. Risen the astronomer is mace-beaten to death in the tavern by the human maceman nefarious fog husk that hangs around. Some crundle corpses are dispatched by the military.

The action continues in the tavern with a new contender making itself known by showing up and tearing apart a mutil-cultural group of visiting entertainers. The locals are entertained.

Another therapod is noted in the caverns, Lene Cuthabeiru, a webber. One to keep track of.
The aquifer plug is dropped through part of the wagon tunnel system. The displaced water ended up being too much to evaporate and so was drained back into the aquifer.

Goden, the mooded dwarf finishes an obsidian bracelet after waiting rather a while for the bones.
The hole in the surface made for the aquifer plug is half built over.
Archereon, who has been having quite a tough time aliving in the fort has finally met his match stumbling into a blue peacock head skin on main stair new residential level.

The commotion attracts Ted Sladazop's corpese which acttually starts doing some damage. Risen's corpse make a now headless reappearance and is again struck down by passing chief medical dwarf necromancer Flame. The Night Guard is sent in the thin out the crowd after three disembodied manera hands suddenly all lay into Archereon's unconcious body at once.
Back down to just the peacock head skin, the interruptions continue on the main stair. Worse now it seems Erib, the mayor, and Zuglarkun are stuck fighting the thing as well after trying to pass by.
On an impulse the walls separating the main stair from the housing halls are dug out. The fight flows into one of the bedrooms to be dealt with later. *click*

A round of prioritized dumping seems in order. It seems the recent peacock skin battles may have been related to sloppy attempts at providing bones for Goden's mood. Spring is a few days off and will hopefully bring some new life to this place.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 08, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

Good to know I'm still alive. Sort of.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2016, 03:17:15 am »

How many caged dwarves were undead?

Sucks about Risen.

Don't engrave yourself! It's like weeping angels and mirrors!

Haha, "it has started raining" indeed.

Risen's death was terrible.

Nefarious fog necromancer...Is that a threat?
I think I'm going to have hard time telling what is dangerous.

Aren't aquifers easier to penetrate from below? Whatever, you're the boss-ghost.

Necromancer medic...Conflict of interest, anyone?

2x4 rooms? Unusual, haven't seen that before.

Poultry skin is most delicious.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2016, 04:42:23 pm »

Yeah, haven't seen the 2x4 rooms anywhere else either.

And a nefarious fog necromancer is a serious threat, yeah. They'll probably be hostile to everyone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52